Bojan Krkic

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Interesting parellel and makes you think. Bojan deserves a chance this season but this year is make or break. He needs to make that transition from a promising youngster to a regular and reliable forward now

I agree, boy needs to transform this season. I saw his last three matches (this one and the ones with Spain) and I'm concerned that he got it in over his head (the pressure maybe?). He needs to get himself together. Speaking about techniques, I think his positioning needs to be worked on.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
He's often very good when the rest of the team is excellent - usual Barca performance last season. But he's never the guy who makes the team excellent. That is why I think he's not "Barca #9 material".

MoFroBo

As long as he scores even simplest tap ins everyone will be happy. I don't see reason why number 9 has to be somekind of magician or something :D

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
As long as he scores even simplest tap ins everyone will be happy. I don't see reason why number 9 has to be somekind of magician or something :D

He doesn't. But he has to be able to step up and cast a few level 1 spells when magicians are having a bad day :p

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
No. You waited for 45 minutes of below par performance to jump on his neck as you couldn't do it last season because he either didn't play or when he did he scored.

Spot on.

Forget last season, he was below par yesterday for 45 minutes yesterday. He is shit..
it was just aswell Messi and Villa ripped Hercules apart.................oh

So much knee jerk reaction.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Guys, the kid is 20 years old. It's only a good thing that we're not relying on him. He's still better than Eto'o or Villa was when they were 20 years old. Every striker goes through his patch of bad games especially when they're so young, he'll become one of the best strikers in the world in a few years so just give him time.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
its interesting to draw parallels between bojan and other young players (like canales/pedro/busquets) but what i found rather interesting is that higuain and bojan both were introduced to first teams roughly at the same time (albeit higuain had half a season over bojan)... higuain progressed from a prospect to a star whilst bojan still remains what he started off with-- a bench warmer.

one could argue that bojan is approximately 2-3 years younger than higuain but bojan had significantly less pressure to perform than higuain each season due to real's obsession with strikers/raul/rvn being in his prime and barcelona having problems with their number 9's. a glaring fact remains that if you only consider the 2007/08 to now for both players... bojan has half the goals that higuain has in roughly the same amount of games and higuain is an undisputed striker for argentina benching the likes of milito/aguero

Please don't compare Biscuits and Pedro with Anales. Canales looked scared shitless in his Madrid debut.

Beast

The Observer
Nolan Canales problem is that he is a still a kid and can't get automatic starts that's Jose mistake.. he need time and subs minute only.. till he develop
he was great with Spain under 21 a week or so ago

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Nolan Canales problem is that he is a still a kid and can't get automatic starts that's Jose mistake.. he need time and subs minute only.. till he develop
he was great with Spain under 21 a week or so ago

Change Canales to Bojan and you have got the same situation. people forget hes 20. Both have bright futures.

Beast

The Observer
Change Canales to Bojan and you have got the same situation. people forget hes 20. Both have bright futures.

not really the same situation.. Bojan is used to the pressure and Barca style.. Canales just made his first big move in a very demanding team
but i think Bojan on his day has a bright future i don't know if really has mental strength issues as rumored before Euro 08 cause if it's true it can affect his future greatly

regarding Bojan i saw him in Euro championship last summer and he was really bad .. but he was instrumental in your march for the title replacing Ibra

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
not really the same situation.. Bojan is used to the pressure and Barca style.. Canales just made his first big move in a very demanding team
but i think Bojan on his day has a bright future i don't know if really has mental strength issues as rumored before Euro 08 cause if it's true it can affect his future greatly

regarding Bojan i saw him in Euro championship last summer and he was really bad .. but he was instrumental in your march for the title replacing Ibra

i meant with still being a kid, and cant get regular games. Might change this year though.

V

Valon

It's true what Beast says but Jatin made it sound like Canales already made it which he hasn't and he has a lot more to prove than Bojan. Surely giving him the number 9 is going to add the pressure on him but to write him down after 1 game where all the team was off is a bad mistake. Where was our number 9 last season when Bojan was scoring goals for fun in the end to help us win the league?

Home of Barca Fans