Bojan Krkic

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
It's true what Beast says but Jatin made it sound like Canales already made it which he hasn't and he has a lot more to prove than Bojan. Surely giving him the number 9 is going to add the pressure on him but to write him down after 1 game where all the team was off is a bad mistake. Where was our number 9 last season when Bojan was scoring goals for fun in the end to help us win the league?

canales made the jump from a shit team to a big team and has ozil/kaka in competition whilst for racing, he was in their starting 11 towards the end of the season.

what does canales have to prove? he has been outstanding for U-21, racing santander whilst bojan has been meh for U-21 and barcelona. no one is doubting bojan's talent but the guy hasnt grown up mentally in any shape or form and continues to suck under pressure. everytime you throw bojan in a pressure situation, he WILL fuck up. we have seen that in seasons past.

sure, if the team is winning the game, he will score hence the phrase bojan starts bojan scores. his strong point is his finishing and that suffers majorly for a striker like bojan if he is thrown in a pressure pot...

bojan never had to compete for his starting 11 position as much other youngsters. last half of the season with ibra being benched was due to a personal problem than a sporting problem as both parties have acknowledged in this saga. furthermore, due to our ridiculously thin starting lineup, he got the number 9 and hasnt shown anything in the past 3 games as a STARTER. he was never allowed the chance to get past his mental blockades and that annoys me because we would get robbed of his talent if he never can deliver in a pressure situation.

and what the fuck are people are on about 1 game? he already has played 3 competitive games in this season... has been a starter in all of them and had done zilch.

and if you want to know why i am talking about mental fortitude... look at thomas muller. he has balls of steel.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
canales made the jump from a shit team to a big team and has ozil/kaka in competition whilst for racing, he was in their starting 11 towards the end of the season.

what does canales have to prove? he has been outstanding for U-21, racing santander whilst bojan has been meh for U-21 and barcelona. no one is doubting bojan's talent but the guy hasnt grown up mentally in any shape or form and continues to suck under pressure. everytime you throw bojan in a pressure situation, he WILL fuck up. we have seen that in seasons past.

sure, if the team is winning the game, he will score hence the phrase bojan starts bojan scores. his strong point is his finishing and that suffers majorly for a striker like bojan if he is thrown in a pressure pot...

and what the fuck are people are on about 1 game? he already has played 3 competitive games in this season... has been a starter in all of them and had done zilch.

and if you want to know why i am talking about mental fortitude... look at thomas muller. he has balls of steel.

(i had to edit so much of it cause i wrote half of it pretty poorly blah)

so 3 games is a much better period of time to judge a player?

You couldnt much more of a pressure pot than the end of last year. He was brilliant and was a huge part of us winning that title.

House of Flies

so 3 games is a much better period of time to judge a player?

You couldnt much more of a pressure pot than the end of last year. He was brilliant and was a huge part of us winning that title.

did he open any games with his goals? No (exception of deportivo)... he always scored 2nd or 3rd goal. we already know that if barcelona scores the first goal, they are 99% more likely to win the game so thats not pressure. did pedro open the scoring in pressure situations? too many to count.

there is no doubt in my mind that the guy has talent (he plays for barcelona ffs) but again, he hasnt grown up in the past 3 seasons. 3 whole seasons in which we have seen more number 9 drama than situation has at jersey shore.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
did he open any games with his goals? No (exception of deportivo)... he always scored 2nd or 3rd goal. we already know that if barcelona scores the first goal, they are 99% more likely to win the game so thats not pressure. did pedro open the scoring in pressure points? too many to count.

there is no doubt in my mind that the guy has talent (he plays for barcelona ffs) but again, he hasnt grown up in the past 3 seasons. 3 whole seasons in which we have seen more number 9 drama than situation has at jersey shore.

Goal against tenerife was HUGE. We were struggling. The crowd were getting restless. was a massive goal no doubt.

and whether its an opening goal or the 2nd goal, they are still goals in a big big game, and he was 19. You cant say, "put him in a pressurised situation and he WILL fail" and then say "Did he score 1st though?" the point was, he scored....

House of Flies

Goal against tenerife was HUGE. We were struggling. The crowd were getting restless. was a massive goal no doubt.

and whether its an opening goal or the 2nd goal, they are still goals in a big big game, and he was 19. You cant say, "put him in a pressurised situation and he WILL fail" and then say "Did he score 1st though?" the point was, he scored....

tell me this, why is his goals to start ratio a million times better than goals to sub ratio? simply because the kid is unable to handle pressure. furthermore, will his goals to start ratio be better when playing for a crappier team? highly doubt it... most of our players can walk into the starting 11 of any other team except for bojan cause he cannot be dependent upon when things dont go his way.

too many players who are pampered or have no competition start from being an awesome prospect to be mentally unprepared to be starters... i would hate to see bojan in the same situation and therefore, it was too damn premature to give him the number 9 jersey.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
tell me this, why is his goals to start ratio a million times better than goals to sub ratio? simply because the kid is unable to handle pressure. furthermore, will his goals to start ratio be better when playing for a crappier team? highly doubt it... most of our players can walk into the starting 11 of any other team except for bojan cause he cannot be dependent upon when things dont go his way.

too many players who are pampered or have no competition start from being an awesome prospect to be mentally unprepared to be starters... i would hate to see bojan in the same situation and therefore, it was too damn premature to give him the number 9 jersey.

Or maybe he just needs a bit of time to settle in? or the majority of his sub appearances are 4 or 5 minutes? even less? also he comes on when the game is won the majority of the time so your pressure thing doesnt add up.

Scored off the bench at Osasuna last year, in a big game, we were only winning 1-0 at the time, Bojan just needs a goal. Once he gets 1, just watch....

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm not a big fan of Bojan, I don't think he'll ever make it in Barcelona or any other big team.

Moe