Bojan Krkic

Merv

What concerns me is if he will be able to convince Pep to give him more minutes... Last year he had the chance to make an impact because Ibra was nowhere to be found and there was no other choice (kudos to the kid for taking that chance very well), however this year is different, if he can't make an impact from the start I think Pep won't give him much chances aside from Copa del Gay...

I think he recently stated that with Zlatan gone it would give him more minutes. Inevitably, I believe he is right. Looking back at last year the pressure was on him to perform something in such a short amount of time as a sub. This year, I believe, the pressure is going to be greater on him to produce with more minutes on the pitch. If that makes any sense......?

It's way too early in the season to judge him, imo.

Did you dump Ibra then? :D

:lol: No. Perhaps after the pregnancy hormones are gone. We'll see. The nose has really done a number on me. ;)

His currently from is not good; Lets accept it!

I think he's far, even from his normal condition!

Bojan missed couple of chances against Hercules and it's not good for a young striker who searches for a regular place in team like Barca!

If he's looking for a first team place, then he'll have to improve!

he has to learn he has to earn minutes by putting in good performances, he doesn't have a god given right to start or be a regular at a big club such as ours.

the-don

if you want to know why i am talking about mental fortitude... look at thomas muller. he has balls of steel.
Muller was shit at bayern last season missing clear chances but he changed just beforer the wc scoring much goals and also did it in the wc. I think bojan just needs time and he will get there.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
if you think that Bojan will ever be a Barca #9 material based on the performances and potential he has shown for the FIRST TEAM then you have to be delusional. Thats called faith and nothing else to back it up other than his youth team heroics. He might (and I hope) stay in Barca forever, but not as a starting player. He'd be perfect coming off the bench for us and fighting for a place in the team. Obviously I hope Im proven wrong in the near future but all Im saying is that right now I dont believe he has shown us that we can trust him as our #9. he has shown us his talent in finishing and how he can be decisive when he gets over his "panic" problems and if anything that secures him a place in our bench, nothing more nothing less.

his performances have been that of any youngster, brimming with talent. But doesnt show it consistently, but tere have been times when he has been brilliant. But i have never said he is barca #9 material atm, But i think he will be. ATM, hes a back up, and a great talent and prospect.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Theres no doubt he's got talent, he's only young give him time he will come good, christ he's not going to score a hat trick every game.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Very early to be writing him off. Let's be fair he wasn't the only shite player on Saturday. His end of season form was superb, he scored a winner against Inter remember. Finishing ability like his doesn't come around that often. He needs time to improve and mature mentally.

People seem to forget Iniesta was a bench player until he was into his early 20's, Pedro was nowhere until last season really. Not everyone will have the impact of Messi in his teens.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I always say my best friend ruined me for other friends...I always tend to hold others up to his standards and most never measure up...Leo has had the same impact on youth players developing...We were lucky with Leo being the legend he is becoming and not all players develop in such a mercurial fashion...I get down on Bojan from time to time, too, but give the kid some time still...He will show his quality

Hamzah

High Definition Member
in his two or three years he has barely improved. other youth products have. sooner or later people will have to reconsider, just because people said he was a wonderkid a couple years back doesn't automatically mean he'll fill the potential, he has to develop and so far hasn't developed much at all.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Except, for a bit player who is 20 years old, he's been churning out 10-12 goals a season over the last 3 years...And factoring in that most strikers/forwards don't really hit their prime until their late 20s, not sure why so many are so quick to deem him a failure.

Patience is prudent, IMHO

Barcafan 2304

in his two or three years he has barely improved. other youth products have. sooner or later people will have to reconsider, just because people said he was a wonderkid a couple years back doesn't automatically mean he'll fill the potential, he has to develop and so far hasn't developed much at all.

Have to agree and Hamzah, noticed your location is now Milan. What has Milan got that Govan has not?

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Except, for a bit player who is 20 years old, he's been churning out 10-12 goals a season over the last 3 years...And factoring in that most strikers/forwards don't really hit their prime until their late 20s, not sure why so many are so quick to deem him a failure.

Patience is prudent, IMHO

Whether he's a failure or not is another question, that will take some time to answer. The problem is, does Barca have the needed time? He doesn't seem ready to take the role. He might be in a year or two, but he's needed now.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Have to agree and Hamzah, noticed your location is now Milan. What has Milan got that Govan has not?

lol i don't live in govan. but i think the girls are better in milan, part of the reason i have moved. you must have missed it? it is so weird in a new country and the language is causing problems. my dad has got a new job here for a couple of years then he'll move back. it is to help earn a better salary by doing work abroad.

MagIX

He’s very young and he’s talented, no doubt, he did not play well this match, not the only one to have played badly, the whole team played badly, can happen.
However last season we always played better with Bojan instead of Ibra on the pitch.

Apart from that, I prefer Villa/Messi/Pedro, with Messi as false 9 and more free on the pitch, last season he’s was simply SUPERB in this new position.
Messi as winger is fantastic, but this position is too small, limited for him, in this position he can’t show up his talent to 100%.

Home of Barca Fans