Bojan Krkic

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He didnt set up villa for an open goal? or the opposite?

Villa didn't square the ball to Bojan who was unmarked and instead tried to take a tough angle with a shot from the left side of the box...It was just too tight an angle but he is Villa, after all...Still, Bojan was wide open...Seemed like an easy assist

Galning

He should've passed it to Bojan, no doubt.
I don't want to start another Ibra discussion or get him into yet another thread, but if that was Ibra I think we all know how the reactions would've been.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
He should've passed it to Bojan, no doubt.
I don't want to start another Ibra discussion or get him into yet another thread, but if that was Ibra I think we all know how the reactions would've been.

To be fair to Villa, Strikers ALL have moments where they really should pass, but just shoot, Goals mean 100x as much more than an assist to a striker... But they all instantly go "aaaah fuck! sorry, sorry, sorry" :lol:

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
he just needs a goal

thats the thing, with the type of game, he is playing... he wouldnt get it.

he is mentally everywhere hence he never properly beat his man and lost the balls 7/10 times with the rest going for corners.

it would defo change with a goal but overall, he hasnt been contributing anything to the team or to that '9'

veryfatchocobo

I'm pretty sure he'd have a good amount of goals today if Villa passed the ball....... Then again, Bojan really didn't offer much in terms of running and challenging the defenders.

F

Flavia

Please don't kill me, but I think it was a big mistake to trust bojan with the #9. We are thin in attack, and I fear he'll be a flop this year. I really hope he proves me wrong, though.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Please don't kill me, but I think it was a big mistake to trust bojan with the #9. We are thin in attack, and I fear he'll be a flop this year. I really hope he proves me wrong, though.

die-front.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've been advocating patience with Bojan but I had an epiphany this evening regarding my outlook for the young jedi...I don't think he's ever really going to be great as a striker...I just don't...And as someone earlier mentioned, he might just end up becoming a midfielder before it's all said & done

And it's not for being wasteful with some chances etc., I think it all boils down to one thing for me on him...Mental fragility...I kept associating his youth with the reality that his mental strength waxes & wanes from match to match...When his confidence is high and he's doing well, he usually maintains that throughout a match...When he makes errors and starts to get down on himself, he never bounces back from that within the match...Mental rollercoaster that just rides out the good times or bad

And for me, just underscores the difference between the great striker and the middle of the pack ones...Mental strength & fortitude...Every great striker I can think of is a mental giant in terms of confidence & ability to cope with pressure...And 10 times out of 10, they were the same way when they were 20

Even today, some of the really promising stars of tomorrow who are 19 & 20, it's clear that among some of them, there's real killer conviction & confidence...I don't see that in Bojan

Maybe he'll become great but I doubt it's going to be as a striker/forward

Moe