Bojan Krkic

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Damned pessimists, Bojan will come up with the goods.
Every player has a rough patch. Hell look at Wyane Rooney, he's had a few goal droughts in his career particularity now where he's not even able to play good football.
Bojan is the boy that broke all our youth scoring records, Bojan is the boy who is the youngest player ever to score in our colours, Bojan is the boy who's goal should have put us into the Champions League final last year. Have faith in Bojan and see the boy become a man.

My comments on Bojan had more to do with his longterm outlook and rating his chances at being a 'great' striker...He'll still be a fine goal scorer but to become an upper echelon striker, I just don't see the mental makeup from the lad...And, yes, even at this young age of 20.

As I mentioned, if you compare similar star players at 20, I don't believe you see the kind of emotional frailty in their games that you can with Krkic...Skills are all there, IMHO, but the great players have a mental edge...Which isn't to say he will become a bust but that perhaps he won't ever be starting striker material for a club like Barca...He'll be more Ezquerro than Villa, ultimately

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
hahahahahahahaha

Wow from the sounds of it Bojan stank it up yesterday.

I think it's simply a case of the player not matching the hype...He's not a poor player but I can't honestly say he's starting material any longer for Barca...And under no circumstances should he ever find a place ahead of Pedrito!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Must be hellish leg pain on this forum with all this knee jerking...;)

:lol:

I get that, I do...And I was probably more like you before yesterday but as I mentioned earlier, considering the evidence and what similarly aged players do and have done it's pretty clear, to me, there's a ceiling on the kid that will likely prevent him from being one of the greats...Still think he can get better but he'll never be a Villa, Samu, Forlan, etc...Those sort of lethal strikers are cut from a different cloth, IMHO

Krkic is talented but he's never going to be great, I believe...And, frankly, isn't starting material...for Barca, anyway

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I get that, I do...And I was probably more like you before yesterday but as I mentioned earlier, considering the evidence and what similarly aged players do and have done it's pretty clear, to me, there's a ceiling on the kid that will likely prevent him from being one of the greats...Still think he can get better but he'll never be a Villa, Samu, Forlan, etc...Those sort of lethal strikers are cut from a different cloth, IMHO

Krkic is talented but he's never going to be great, I believe...And, frankly, isn't starting material...for Barca, anyway

i understand its frustrating with him, but IMO if he gets a goal, we'll see the end of last season Bojan. Hes just going through one of those periods that strikers go through when nothing works for them. Torres and Rooney are going through the same. (im not comparing the three). But he really needs to step it up, Woeful start to the year tbh. Bilbao is his team though. He has a great record against them, lets hope he can get a goal or 2 and start from here. Would be good not to rely on Villa, Messi and Pedrito all year.

Also, Mentality can improve - Look at Nani.....

Silver

Hes still 20 years old. Give him some time. Pep knows that Bojan is a project for long term.
Pep is a smart manager. He puts Bojan in the line up against the "smaller" teams so his performances wont affect the team and bojan gets the experience. Against the big teams he gets the chance when the game is decided or when the team needs to attack more ( like against Inter last year) So I dont think Bojan will start against bilbao. Maybe as sub when game is decided.

I want to repeat Bojan is a long term project. Pep knows this. Bojan is a big talent. The match he played yesterday was not his best. But with that dribble he did and a couple of passes he showed his talent. His dribble was fantastic.

If Bojan keeps working hard and keep having patience he will be GREAT in the future. Because each day training with Messi, Villa and best defenders you'll learn a lot and he has the talent ! just watch the youtube videos :p

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
To loan him out maybe would be a better option. If he's ever going to be a star player for the team he has to get more minutes, especially at this stage..

iced1776

When Bojan is 28 years old people will still be saying "give him time" :lol:

I love the kid and I love when he's playing well, but he's getting to the age where he should be getting his head straight.

Silver

When Bojan is 28 years old people will still be saying "give him time" :lol:

I love the kid and I love when he's playing well, but he's getting to the age where he should be getting his head straight.

Are you sure that you are a fan of Iniesta??

He was less then bojan at his age :d

Silver

To loan him out maybe would be a better option. If he's ever going to be a star player for the team he has to get more minutes, especially at this stage..

Loaning out wont do any good I think. In barcelona he has best people to train with, best manager, best stadium, best fans, best accomodation. Spanish Barcelona players dont like to be loaned out.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Loaning out wont do any good I think. In barcelona he has best people to train with, best manager, best stadium, best fans, best accomodation. Spanish Barcelona players dont like to be loaned out.
He's had that training for about 3 years now. Time for match time, sporting gijon ftw.

Galning

Haha @ people saying Bojan will never be a world beater. You could be right, but it's really sad to see how Culés don't believe in their own players. Bojan is an extraordinary player and a lot of teams would fight for a 20 year old with his ability.
Where did Forlán play when he was 20? Independiente. Did you watch every game back then so you can say now Bojan is worse now than Forlán was back then? No you didn't.
Where did Eto'o play when he was 20? Mallorca.
Where did Villa play when he was 20? Sporting.

I think some of you are forgetting Bojan debuted in the first team of FC Barcelona at the age of 17 so seriously, I think he has some potential. Funny how one bad game can change everyone's opinion when last season people were begging for him to start before Ibrahimovic.

Home of Barca Fans