Bojan Krkic

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
You nailed it there FCB.
Bojan has the one of the biggest talents of the wonderkids in the world. But take Pato as an example, what's the difference between Bojan and Pato? Maturity. Pato plays like he's been a player for 50 years while Bojan looks a bit lost at times. He has been treated as the king's son since kindergarten ffs. Time he gets loaned out to a German club or English club to get dirty. Learn that football is not always gracious...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And you know, Tiam, Pato was just such an example I was thinking of by comparison....And I don't mean in terms of goals etc. but the mental makeup...Gonzo, two years ago even, didn't seem as mentally fragile...Müller, Agüero, Alexis Sánchez, Pato, Neymar and even Jovetić all have a different mental makeup, IMHO, from where I sit

Last edited:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
look at Aguero, you think the kid is 27/28.
müller he looks 50 and you think that he has been a constant goalscorer the way he celebrates.
bojan is so nice. you need to be a beast in your mind and think about yourself as a striker.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
look at Aguero, you think the kid is 27/28.
müller he looks 50 and you think that he has been a constant goalscorer the way he celebrates.
bojan is so nice. you need to be a beast in your mind and think about yourself as a striker.

Ibra...You think he was different at 20?...I really doubt it

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Ibra...You think he was different at 20?...I really doubt it
I'll tell you how Ibra was:
There was a show here called "in zlatans steps" I posted it in the Sweden thread. They asked Zlatans managers (when he was in juvenil age) what made him differ from the group. He was far from the best in the group but in his mind, he was a professional footballer scoring bucket loads already... Bojan needs to score goals from day 1 to day 38 in the league so that he can see how good he really is. loanloanloan.

W

woobie

I'm still more outsider than not when it comes to Barcelona players but it seems to me that perhaps some folks may be a tad bit harsh on Bojan even if they do, ultimately, have a point. He's an undeniable talent but the breakthrough (such as Pedro's last year) hasn't come yet. I get the sense that he might perhaps have been a bit too protected in the past and now that he's got the #9 jersey - and the pressure that comes with it - he's having issues with the pressure. That said, he was unfortunate on a couple of occasions yesterday and I remember at least one chance when he was wide open and Villa chose to shoot instead of pass to Bojan. It seems to me that the options are to either show the boy some patience or kick him temporarily out of the nest and let him toughen up on loan someplace. For what it's worth, I'd suggest patience.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, I think perhaps a loan isn't a bad idea if not an outright sale, tbh...I just think he'll be a bench player at Barca...But, apparently, we're not really a club to turn a profit from transfers so I guess an outright sale is probably out of the question...Swap deal for Cesc? :whistle2:

Pepe Silvia

I always saw Higuain as a timid creature bordering on scared up until last season. I do agree about Pato though. Hopefully, Bojan grows up sometime this season. We are short on time and his time to act is now. Not later.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You make a good point too, Woobie...On the one play where Bojan slipped on a turn into the box, I did notice on more than one occasion the turf coming apart from other tackles etc...Are there ongoing issues with the Camp Nou turf, as well?

Pepe Silvia

I noticed turf problems in many Liga stadiums this season. Nou Camp included.

About my Higgers comment, I think NT really helped to bring him to the next level because right now, he is RM most dangerous player for my money.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I'm still more outsider than not when it comes to Barcelona players but it seems to me that perhaps some folks may be a tad bit harsh on Bojan even if they do, ultimately, have a point. He's an undeniable talent but the breakthrough (such as Pedro's last year) hasn't come yet. I get the sense that he might perhaps have been a bit too protected in the past and now that he's got the #9 jersey - and the pressure that comes with it - he's having issues with the pressure. That said, he was unfortunate on a couple of occasions yesterday and I remember at least one chance when he was wide open and Villa chose to shoot instead of pass to Bojan. It seems to me that the options are to either show the boy some patience or kick him temporarily out of the nest and let him toughen up on loan someplace. For what it's worth, I'd suggest patience.
objection.

there is no pressure on bojan. how can it be? he's a backup striker. he has played here for over 5 years so he has already payed the club back with his goals. last season he had a wonderful spell which made him kick the main striker out of the starting eleven. he wears the number 9 shirt, but that has always been his dream so it's not pressure maybe nervosity.

i guarantee that pep won't let him be pressurized. he'll even go out and be like "hey man, just relax and do ya thang" in the locker-room to keep him calm.

I always saw Higuain as a timid creature bordering on scared up until last season. I do agree about Pato though. Hopefully, Bojan grows up sometime this season. We are short on time and his time to act is now. Not later.
higgie knows that he's good. he knows that he's a monster you can see it in example lyon match where he took the shot instead of passing it to ronaldo who was in a better position. he tries to act as a number 9 now to satisfy his coach.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, I disagree on that point, Tiam...I think perhaps Bojan might just be the most hyped kid to come out of La Masia in our generation...I think the pressure is enormous and isn't he also a buddy of Rubio?...I think he came up in a generation of some marvelous sporting talents and he was always in the forefront...Some of his contemporaries are passing him by and it won't be long, probably, before Canales sneaks ahead, as well

Personally, I think the kid has had a ton of pressure...Hell, even when Leo was rising up, Cesc was the more hyped kid coming out of La Masia at the time...And I do believe that some rise to that challenge while others can buckle somewhat from it...I don't envy the kid, regardless of how popular he might be...He has no more than a 2 year window left with the first team at Barca, IMHO...If he doesn't take a massive leap up in class, he will either be bench fodder or transfered

My guess is that someone like Thiago will end up making a bigger splash with the first team than Bojan ultimately will

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Yeah, I disagree on that point, Tiam...I think perhaps Bojan might just be the most hyped kid to come out of La Masia in our generation...I think the pressure is enormous and isn't he also a buddy of Rubio?...I think he came up in a generation of some marvelous sporting talents and he was always in the forefront...Some of his contemporaries are passing him by and it won't be long, probably, before Canales sneaks ahead, as well

Personally, I think the kid has had a ton of pressure...Hell, even when Leo was rising up, Cesc was the more hyped kid coming out of La Masia at the time...And I do believe that some rise to that challenge while others can buckle somewhat from it...I don't envy the kid, regardless of how popular he might be...He has no more than a 2 year window left with the first team at Barca, IMHO...If he doesn't take a massive leap up in class, he will either be bench fodder or transfered
Right. You're right. I'm such a fool didn't outlook those aspects :p Seeing Pedro and Busquets do so good and he was the most hyped kid from the beginning must wreck his nerves. Still I think it's more of his own nervosity than the expectations from the crowds. it's not like they'll boo him if he does bad :p different kind of pressure from the one that ronaldo has.

Home of Barca Fans