Bojan Krkic

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Haha @ people saying Bojan will never be a world beater. You could be right, but it's really sad to see how Culés don't believe in their own players. Bojan is an extraordinary player and a lot of teams would fight for a 20 year old with his ability.
Where did Forlán play when he was 20? Independiente. Did you watch every game back then so you can say now Bojan is worse now than Forlán was back then? No you didn't.
Where did Eto'o play when he was 20? Mallorca.
Where did Villa play when he was 20? Sporting.

I think some of you are forgetting Bojan debuted in the first team of FC Barcelona at the age of 17 so seriously, I think he has some potential. Funny how one bad game can change everyone's opinion when last season people were begging for him to start before Ibrahimovic.
Still you can't forget that both Villa and Eto'o were basically starters..

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Haha @ people saying Bojan will never be a world beater. You could be right, but it's really sad to see how Culés don't believe in their own players. Bojan is an extraordinary player and a lot of teams would fight for a 20 year old with his ability.
Where did Forlán play when he was 20? Independiente. Did you watch every game back then so you can say now Bojan is worse now than Forlán was back then? No you didn't.
Where did Eto'o play when he was 20? Mallorca.
Where did Villa play when he was 20? Sporting.

I think some of you are forgetting Bojan debuted in the first team of FC Barcelona at the age of 17 so seriously, I think he has some potential. Funny how one bad game can change everyone's opinion when last season people were begging for him to start before Ibrahimovic.

Spot on.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's not one game and I certainly don't think it's an issue of knee jerk or disloyalty to our cantera etc...Mental makeup, there's a real division between the greats and the middle of the pack, for me...All the truly lethal & great strikers consistently showed a mental resolve that differentiated them from the rest

It's not a knock on Krkic but just an observation...It would be harsh to deem him mentally weak/fragile but he appears to be up/down mentally more than a lot of talented players at a similar age...And it's that difference, for me, that separates the truly great from the rest

As someone else mentioned, I think even at 25 or 28, we'll still be talking about how Bojan will be missing that edge

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Well said Galning. People are so quick to hate on him. As others have mentioned, all he needs is a goal and he'll be flying. The same as any striker, confidence is a huge thing.

Personally I don't think he played that badly last night, he clearly had the run on the LB pace wise, looked lively when he drifted out there. With Iniesta just playing his own game there was a definite lack of shape up front in the first half. It certainly looked better when Pedrito came on, back to a more traditional trident.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Strikers, all of them, miss...Even miss sitters but the great ones ooze confidence...They miss a pk and they will be the first ones to step in there to take another...Bojan, for me, continues to look like a player that will shrink when he errs or fails to convert...Some, keep fighting and can lift their game...I just don't see that in Krkic

And, again, that doesn't make him a poor player but perhaps doesn't make him a starter for a club like Barca

Trillske

While I personaly agree with the "bojan wont be a huge star" crowd, you (we) shoudnt forget that a year ago Pedro "coudnt" be world class either, he would "never" be more than a good sub.
And he was 42 or something? So at the age of 43 he was suddenly spectaculair half a season and then maybe even better in WC. No one knows where Pedro goes from here, but obviously there where some hidden potential.

I think what brings most of my scepsism is that when I look at Bojan I dont see anything stand out, at all. Big players usually have something that draws your attention, be it physical or mental. Something that make them stand out on the field. Explosiveness, temperament, wierd combo like tiny but strong or fat but fast or.. just something. Without that special abilities you just have to be "good" at everything, and I dont see that.

Bojan seems to be good with teenage girls, and while I dont see it helping him on the field its a very respectful quality. :D

Pepe Silvia

I don't know call me crazy but I'm a big fan of the kid. I think Pep knows that he is not ready to unleash him quite yet but he does it when he feels Bojan is in the zone or when we really need some attacking. He's already proven to me that he is a big time talent last year by the magical touches and finishes, and I missed yesterday's match, but I feel he will be alright in the first team. At some point in the season, he will click and become a goal machine. But as some hinted too, he needs to grow his confidence and keep it their because he is no longer a baby, and should start to show that consistent determination that a 9 should have.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
While I personaly agree with the "bojan wont be a huge star" crowd, you (we) shoudnt forget that a year ago Pedro "coudnt" be world class either, he would "never" be more than a good sub.
And he was 42 or something? So at the age of 43 he was suddenly spectaculair half a season and then maybe even better in WC. No one knows where Pedro goes from here, but obviously there where some hidden potential.

It's a nice comparison although I am sure you meant 24 & 23 :p

It's true, Pedrito! really changed from one season where in the preseason of 2008 (21 y.o.) he showed potential but in 2009 (22 y.o.) he made a massive leap...Virtually a different player, IMHO.

Still, one has to wonder considering how hyped the poor kid, Bojan, has been since near infancy...We all know the legend of his Romario like production of some 1,000 odd goals in the youth ranks and perhaps that has made the kid suffer a bit from the pressure...I would imagine, by comparison, a player like Pedrito! who was relatively unheralded never had to develop with that sort of pressure...Some players rise to that occasion and some crack from the pressure

I think what brings most of my scepsism is that when I look at Bojan I dont see anything stand out, at all. Big players usually have something that draws your attention, be it physical or mental. Something that make them stand out on the field. Explosiveness, temperament, wierd combo like tiny but strong or fat but fast or.. just something. Without that special abilities you just have to be "good" at everything, and I dont see that.

Bojan seems to be good with teenage girls, and while I dont see it helping him on the field its a very respectful quality. :D

Yeah, that's my gut feeling now, as well...Even when Pedrito! teased us in 2008, there was a hint of something and while Bojan has also had that from 16 or 17, we've truly seen only a minor change, IMHO, in his overall abilities...He will produce (He's scored plenty of goals, more than one might think) although it can be argued that just about anyone can produce with the service you get at Barca

And, once again, I'd add that I remain a fan of the kid too...Just accepting what I believe is becoming increasingly clear, he's not cut out for greatness

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
His finishing and His movement are his strengths. Without a doubt, hes a Fox in the Box.

cant wait til he Bangs in his 20th goal this year...:lol:

Pepe Silvia

He has not only scored sitters though. He has scored some extraordinary goals that had nothing to do with service tbh. The 1 v 1 breakaway after the first touch/turn comes to mind. I rewound that about 58 times. He is very good, he is a late bloomer though and to get rid of him would be criminal. He will be that dude, sooner or later. Pep didn't give him the 9 for no reason.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hey, I hope he turns out to be the best ever...Just an ob on my part...I've been very patient and had intended to continue in that vein but something clicked last night that made me think differently wrt him.

I started thinking about other 20 year old wunderkids and their maturation & mental makeup etc...Strikers are a different breed of footballers, IMHO...There's an edge to them, I believe, you can very clearly trace back to even when they entered the professional ranks...The great ones, I believe, all had a similar confidence and aggression towards the role (Which is a very demanding and heavily scrutinized one)

I do wonder if he'll end up dropping back into midfield as a support striker or attacking mid

Home of Barca Fans