Bojan Krkic

Merv

Good, as much as i want Bojan to play, I want it to be at Barca.. Hopefully he bangs in a few goals against valencia....

Then takes ibras place, wins the Ballon D'or and gets a call up to Spains national squad and score the winner in the final....

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: It's always good to have wishes! If all of these come to pass I will be asking you for some lottery numbers.

We are agreed though, Bojan needs to stay at Barca and play.

beef-supreme

Good, as much as i want Bojan to play, I want it to be at Barca.. Hopefully he bangs in a few goals against valencia....

Then takes ibras place, wins the Ballon D'or and gets a call up to Spains national squad and score the winner in the final....

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: That day will come, but only in 10 years i think.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Watch this Space.... haha

Nah i just want more minutes.. 2 mins to turn to 10 mins minimum.

half an hour off the bench regularly..
More starts and i reckon we'll see him with up to 20 goals....

beef-supreme

Yeah I agree, he showed in 07-08 what he's capable of, besides he is growing stronger and he has a great eye for the pass plus he is a decent dribbler, he doesn't have a strong shot like JDS but has excellent placement.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Im starting to think that pep was right and just doest think that 19 is the right age for the 1st team...

altough if we have to wait muc longer i think that many barca fans will want him loaned out, Im not sure if thats the right option, Wht you tink Beef?

beef-supreme

Well, i think you're right about Pep wanting to nurse him a bit. In a recent interview Pep said that he thinks he's not been giving Bojan enough time, and he's sorry for Bojan. Which made me feel quite confident because it shows that he values Bojan, and he's consciously holding him back. This might be a good idea, because although he's been with the team for long, he is only 19 after all, and if Bojan is to develop into a striker, a central striker, then he still has many many years ahead of him.
Also, it might be a good idea to shelter him from an excessive exposure to competition so that he won't burn out.
However, holding a player back too much I think is not a great idea...
...Unless the player himself says he wants to stay, and that he doesn't want to go out on loan.
If someone doesn't want to go out on loan it means that they're happy with their situation, want to fight for a place, and aren't being left to rot. Indeed, Bojan isn't being left to rot because he is on the bench every match, which means that he gets to soak in the atmosphere, he can keep being dipped in and out into the team until the time comes when he no longer feels butterflies when stepping onto the pitch.
If this happens, then he will be ready. As a striker you need to have composure and calmness. Having butterflies won't help. Remember, Bojan isn't inactive, he still participates in training and Spanish youth team matches. He still plays in barca's friendlies, the occasional Catalunya match. He still is being mentored especially in training by Henry and Pep. So by all means Bojan is developing, just not on the pitch. He is still working in the gym to become stronger, and in training to stay fit.

So. If Bojan is happy with his situation, refuses to go out on loan and refuses to be sold, if Pep is aware of his potential and his talents, and if Bojan develops the mental strength and experience on the big stage, then it might be possible to insert him into the first team in a couple of years time as an experienced individual.
He won't be like Muniesa who made a big mistake on his debut because he was a bit too raw. That isn't to say that Muniesa won't make it, but it also set him back a bit, certainly emotionally. He won't be like Balotelli, who plays an important role but acts like a cock about it. He'll be modest. And he won't be like Pato, who is physically exhausted and might crack from the pressure and burn out because he is overplayed at Milan...

I think that Bojan should only be allowed to be loaned out if he is going to be given a proper loan treatment. Not the typical Barca Marc Crosas-type loan that will turn into a permanent transfer away from the club. I think (hope) that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes with Bojan. And if it really is, then I am content to have it that way for a bit, and have him play the occasional match, and be inserted into the team as a mature player. The reason Pedro's being given so much exposure (and even he sits the bench a lot) is because he's that much older than Bojan, he's reached that ideal age for insertion. If Bojan is put into the team as a full-time first team member at the age of 21/22, after having had a lot more time than Pedro to integrate, then you can only image how explosively good he will be.

Remember, many forwards only rise to prominence in their mid 20s. You could argue that Torres' heap of injuries is a result of overexposure as well, and perhaps Pep wants to avoid this happening to Bojan.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Great Post! agree wit everything,

You dont want to see him get so much exposure that he cracks. Theres no question about his talent, But mentally, so many young talents fail, this CANNOT happen to a guy with this much talent and im beginning to think pep realises this.

I wouldnt mind a season long loan at some point to a mid table La liga side.. Espanyol, Malaga, Mallorca... somewhere where he is going to get 90 mins weekly, and get a full season of top flight football under his belt.

But barca would be he best place for him, he can learn from Henry, Messi etc, Still think next year is his year....

beef-supreme

Definitely not Espanyol lol haha but yeah, a loan wouldn't be bad for him, I would have to say. But so far it seems that Barca doesn't do loans. A loan is a bad sign.
Maybe that will change though when the next regime comes in. I think that as long as he stays with the club things are safe, we'll see if he's sent out on loan, but if he were to be sent out on loan i am quite sure that it would benefit him a great deal, of course only if he were to come back right after! One thing is that perhaps Pep is relying on him to cover in the case of injury ,for example in 07-08, the way Rijkaard used him. Because I don't think that Pep wants to buy another striker and then loan Bojan out.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
He will start at Valencia i think, I dont know whether at LW or CF

hopefully at CF, Pedro at LW

haha, i dont know why i wrote Espanyol..replace them with Depor or someone else haha

beef-supreme

Yeah you'd BETTER replace them with anyone else really, just not PATETI and Real Madrid. haha.
Yeah well if Bojan starts then it depends on whether Pedro or Henry will play. honestly, unless Henry's injured, i'm fairly sure he will play. He's not too bad against Valencia usually either. If Henry plays Bojan LW, if Pedro plays, Bojan CF. I think. But if henry really does have the ankle injury of his then Bojan should start off as CF, bit risky having a midget trident but we'll see.

jairzinho

Its hardly likely Henry will feature. He can't even make the starting lineup when fully fit and now he is injured and 50% fit. I think Pep should give the start to Bojan. He admits that Bojan is not getting much playing time and then still insists on playing him in the last 5 minutes in a match. now that Ibra is suspended, i think he should at least get some playing time.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Yeah you'd BETTER replace them with anyone else really, just not PATETI and Real Madrid. haha.
Yeah well if Bojan starts then it depends on whether Pedro or Henry will play. honestly, unless Henry's injured, i'm fairly sure he will play. He's not too bad against Valencia usually either. If Henry plays Bojan LW, if Pedro plays, Bojan CF. I think. But if henry really does have the ankle injury of his then Bojan should start off as CF, bit risky having a midget trident but we'll see.

Yea i wondered how the three midgets would fair, but im sure the pressure they will put on their defence wit their willing running will benefit us, Plus, Bojan and Pedro are great finisers so if given chances, goals will come...

and Messi is messi...lol

Home of Barca Fans