CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

serghei

first of all, that's not true.

second, Messi alone would be enough to make an otherwise in every position inferior squad better than the other one, on a good day

It is true. Sirigu, Marquinhos, Silva, Luiz, Matuidi could play in our first 11.

Messi can always have a so-so night.

Thiago Silva, arguably Marquinhos, Verratti.....and?

I'm not even counting Veratti, he's suspended.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
you forgot pastore, the best and most creative player in the world. i love watching this player.

StarLord

That's a dangerous result for Barcelona, not sure you should be happy with it.

If all Barca can manage in Paris is a draw vs a depleted PSG squad, the return leg will see a confident and replenished PSG who already proved against Chelsea will fight tooth and nail to the very end.

Nothing short of a win should have people happy here. Any positive result for PSG and Barca should count themselves worried.

PSG have the players to replace their absences (at least to a significant degree) I don't get why so many people tend to dwell so much on the fact that some PSG starters are missing. Please keep in mind that PSG have beaten us in Paris without Ibra (their number one goalscorer) and we subsequently beat them, even when they had Ibra as well as the slightly overrated Verratti.

Like I said before, the two PSG players I most fear are Lucan and Matuidi, and they are both playing tonight.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No to Sirigu. Yes Marquinhos, Silva, Luiz (only 1 of the last 2 as Pique has been immense all season). And yes to Verratti.
That's 3 in my count.

serghei

No to Sirigu. Yes Marquinhos, Silva, Luiz (only 1 of the last 2 as Pique has been immense all season). And yes to Verratti.
That's 3 in my count.

Yes to Sirigu instead of Stegen. Yes to Marquinhos, Silva, Luiz. Yes to Matuidi (absolutely), yes to Veratti. That's 6. It's 50-50 between us. A mix between Barca and PSG would kill everything.

StarLord

It is true. Sirigu, Marquinhos, Silva, Luiz, Matuidi could play in our first 11.

Messi can always have a so-so night.

I'm not even counting Veratti, he's suspended.

Sirigu over Ter Stegen???? No way!

You have listed 3 CBs there, and this season, Pique has outshone them all. In fact our defense has performed much better than PSG's defense this season. I would probably accept Matuidi though, only because Iniesta has been remarkably off color this season. But if Iniesta could get 40% of his former glory back, then Matuidi would be nothing more than a water carrier by comparison.

PSG do not have better players than we do, well, maybe Verratti, but they have a formidable unit that can seriously hurt us if we are not at the top of our game.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
no to matuidi, he is a great player but our team is already lacking creativity. he would just be a box to box man.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sirigu is on par with Stegen if not better atm. Luiz is a great player. Pastore also.

According to Bertus, Sirigu has been mediocre this season. I don't think Luiz is a great player, gotta disagree with you there. Had he been a great player then he wouldn't have been mediocre for most of his career so far, he seem to have been very good so far in PSG though, I'll give him that, but good enough to start for us? Nah, would rather have Mascherano despite of his height disadvantage or Mathieu who is more reliable than Luiz IMO. I like Pastore from his Palermo days, even had a Power Point presentation about Palermo and him in Spanish class once, don't ask be about the grade I got though :lol:

I think Marquinhos, Verratti and Thiago Silva could start for us. Matuidi could possibly start for us instead of Rakitic if we need a box-box midfielder with more defensive solidity, but won't be a sure starter like Marquinhos/T Silva and Verratti would be.

Alarcón

Yes to Sirigu instead of Stegen. Yes to Marquinhos, Silva, Luiz. Yes to Matuidi (absolutely), yes to Veratti. That's 6. It's 50-50 between us. A mix between Barca and PSG would kill everything.

Disagree with Sirigu, Luiz and Matuidi. Sirigu is a good GK but I don't think he is as good as ter Stegen. Luiz is 100% worse than Piqué right now, this is not even disputable in my book. I like Matuidi a lot but he would suffer in our midfield just like the others do, he is neither as good as Iniesta nor as good as Rakitic.

And you are really clutching at straws. Verratti is suspended, if we include him we might as well include Alves whom you love so much, and even I think he is a better RB than Marquinhos, at least in our system.

Don't know why you are trying to make our team look so bad but if it's really 50-50 between us, which is laughable as our strikers are 10 times better than theirs while the players you mentioned are maybe slightly ahead, if we win tonight, this means that Lucho is a genius and made us win against an on par team away from home. Case closed.

Home of Barca Fans