Daniel Alves

Jägermeister

He doesn't play better because of contract talks. He plays better because the tactics have been adjusted to his strengths. He is occupying the half spaces instead of going wide for the overlap now. He is a better midfielder than winger.

If he gets sold Barca is winning 0 trophies next season. Such a crucial position, especially with Messi playing on the right now. You guys want Montoya or Douglas to combine with Messi? Bah GAWD.

Agreed.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He doesn't play better because of contract talks. He plays better because the tactics have been adjusted to his strengths. He is occupying the half spaces instead of going wide for the overlap now. He is a better midfielder than winger.

If he gets sold Barca is winning 0 trophies next season. Such a crucial position, especially with Messi playing on the right now. You guys want Montoya or Douglas to combine with Messi? Bah GAWD.

Agreed. He went from making some 20 crosses in a match on more than one occasion to crossing far less than Alba. Lucho really got the best of Alves as a pseudo-midfielder. He's built for a free wide/central role, more so than any other fullback in football with his movement and linkup.

I just can't imagine anyone other than Alves linking up with Messi the way they do. Even if we manage to get a proper, elite right back there's no way he shares the same level of chemistry that produces both jawdropping and effective combination plays.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think Messi playing on RW is part of Alves doing less crosses. Now he actually have someone to link up with.

That might be a part of the reason but Rakitic is certainly the bigger influence here. Instead of Dani occupying Messi's space when he goes in, it's Rakitic who's doing it now (with Dani occupying Rakitic's space). Much better balance, (a) you don't need to watch balls flying into Alba (b) Alves is in a more conservative position

Rakitic->Alves->Messi from the early season has turned into Alves->Rakitic->Messi

WIN WIN....until the team faces top class attacking opposition. But I mostly blame Iniesta and Alba here.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
That might be a part of the reason but Rakitic is certainly the bigger influence here. Instead of Dani occupying Messi's space when he goes in, it's Rakitic who's doing it now (with Dani occupying Rakitic's space). Much better balance, (a) you don't need to watch balls flying into Alba (b) Alves is in a more conservative position

Rakitic->Alves->Messi from the early season has turned into Alves->Rakitic->Messi

WIN WIN....until the team faces top class attacking opposition. But I mostly blame Iniesta and Alba here.

Most of them even missed Alba :alveshat:

L

linetty

Barcelona don't plan to offer right back Dani Alves (31) a renewal. The player's contract expires at the end of this season [l'esportiu]

Frodo_FCB

Barcelona don't plan to offer right back Dani Alves (31) a renewal. The player's contract expires at the end of this season [l'esportiu]

We are fucked. So we have to play Montoya or Douglas until January 2016 at least. I cant see any special talent in La Masia either..
I think we can play half season without a descent RB, but when the transfer ban ends, this should be our first priority.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Whats happening with Godswill? Last I heard he was injured, is he back yet? He's one of my favourite young players in the club so I hope he gets a shot.

L

linetty

Problem with RB next season solved? The question is how'd he link up with Messi :lol:?

Pedro: "Playing at right back? Never played a game there, but I did in training. Prefer playing as forward, but if the coach wants it, fine"

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Problem with RB next season solved? The question is how'd he link up with Messi :lol:?

Pedro: "Playing at right back? Never played a game there, but I did in training. Prefer playing as forward, but if the coach wants it, fine"

If I'm not mistaken, that is an old quote.

Home of Barca Fans