Erling Haaland

JamDav1982

Haaland wouldnt be a 'Galactico' type signing. He is young and exactly what Barca need. Could barely design a more fitting CF for the style Xavi has shown so far.

serghei

Haaland wouldnt be a 'Galactico' type signing. He is young and exactly what Barca need. Could barely design a more fitting CF for the style Xavi has shown so far.

Yes he would. 2020s Galactico signing that is. When you pay 3x Galactico prices for players who are 3 times less proven.

JamDav1982

Perez wont be scared of putting together world stars for huge money.

Last time he did that they combined for 4 CLs out of 5 at their peak.

serghei

Perez wont be scared of putting together world stars for huge money.

Last time he did that they combined for 4 CLs out of 5 at their peak.

Far from it. Only Galactico in that team was Cristiano. Remember Kaka? Signed 2 Galacticos in 2009, one was a hit, one a major flop. James, another Galactico, another flop. Bale, mixed. Hazard, another galactico, mega flop.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
By the way, while I completely understand why Haaland would likely join City with chances to win immediately, his father having played there so following in his footsteps per se, Pep Guardiola, Real Madrid option in the future not ruled out, etc. I'm not sure going to the Premier League at this stage of his career is the right move.

If he's struggling with injuries in the BuLi so young going to the more physical Premier League might make it worse.

serghei

Nah Bale was most expensive player in world and best player in EPL.

Big money on world stars together and it worked.

Aye. Great bench player.

Not a great transfer overall, still much better than our "galacticos" Dembele, Griezmann and Coutinho.

Temptation

Nah Bale was most expensive player in world and best player in EPL.

Big money on world stars together and it worked.

I guess serghei means that since then the game has evolved further and in 2022 it's all about system supremacy because the price for those galacticos are ridiculous...

JamDav1982

Aye. Great bench player.

Not a great transfer overall, still much better than our "galacticos" Dembele, Griezmann and Coutinho.

Bale was a bench player in those CL wins?

Serghie at his clueless best.

I dont think you know what 'Galactico' means nor even keep consistent with it.

You have Haaland as a 'Galactico' but not Bale who was best player in EPL and most expensive player in the world.

Usual dirge.

JamDav1982

I guess serghei means that since then the game has evolved further and in 2022 it's all about system supremacy because the price for those galacticos are ridiculous...

So Real will get worse with Mbappe.. and worse again if Haaland goes there?

City get worse if sign Haaland?

Unlikely.

Game hasnt changed that much. It is about the players and getting the right ones. Can be done in variety of ways.

serghei

Bale was a bench player in those CL wins?

Serghie at his clueless best.

I dont think you know what 'Galactico' means nor even keep consistent with it.

You have Haaland as a 'Galactico' but not Bale who was best player in EPL and most expensive player in the world.

Usual dirge.

Bar 2014, pretty much benched more often than not. In 2017 when they were at their best they played with Isco as the tip of the diamond and Ronaldo - Benzema upfront.

Bale was very good in 2014. Outside of that, he had a reduced role. Still a top player who can impact a game, so his situation is a 50-50 one. Could see him as a success I guess, in the right light.

Last edited:

Temptation

So Real will get worse with Mbappe.. and worse again if Haaland goes there?

Unlikely.

Game hasnt changed that much. It is about the players and getting the right ones. Can be done in variety of ways.

Nah, I mentioned earlier that I don't fully agree with that.

Morten

Aye. Great bench player.

Was a great signing, but the later years weren't good, in hindsight we should have sold him in 2018 when the value was high.

Home of Barca Fans