Erling Haaland

Blackened

So many great takes during the last couple of pages. And I agree with every one of them. How on Earth would any sane football fan consider this fella to be the best in the world, aka Ballondor winner?? A finisher. Thats where it starts and ends with this guy. Had Mario Gomez scored in that 2012 final against Chelsea, should he have won the Ballondor? He scored over 40 goals that season! Of course not.

ajnotkeith

So many great takes during the last couple of pages. And I agree with every one of them. How on Earth would any sane football fan consider this fella to be the best in the world, aka Ballondor winner?? A finisher. Thats where it starts and ends with this guy. Had Mario Gomez scored in that 2012 final against Chelsea, should he have won the Ballondor? He scored over 40 goals that season! Of course not.
Who should win it in your opinion?

Horatio

You're welcome
Think Messi should win it. I am not even that much of a Messi fan anymore(still GOAT) but think in retrospect that World Cup performance was insane. He “carried” that team as much as people claim Maradona did. But if Haaland takes it I won’t be too upset.

Horatio

You're welcome
Poor Erling, even after 2 goals he is criticized in half time from the perfectionist Pep :pep:
Holy crap ngl this shows the greatness of Pep. Haaland could just have ignored him but actually engages the argument in a calm way. Players respect him and he respects them. Pep being part of the group.

Blackened

The second goal was magnificent. Still not the biggest fan of this fella. I do think that the PL (and CL) teams will do a better job keeping him more quiet this season. In spite of his goalscoring instinct, he is indeed very one-dimensional.

iniestaGOAT

The second goal was magnificent. Still not the biggest fan of this fella. I do think that the PL (and CL) teams will do a better job keeping him more quiet this season. In spite of his goalscoring instinct, he is indeed very one-dimensional.

All the mid teams in CL shut him down easily

PL can't because they just suck. They are overhyoed by casuals.

Blackened

All the mid teams in CL shut him down easily

PL can't because they just suck. They are overhyoed by casuals.
Yes. He has to run past defender and get the ball, thats his game. If he has the ball and he is facing a defender face-to-face, Haaland wont be able to do much. Will be interesting if City and Bayern face this season. It wont be that one sided anymore, I can guarantee. Tuchel has had time to insert his mark, Bayern has now Kane + that Korean fella. Is he any good? Fast? Was Serie A defender of the season. Not sure if that means that much though...

Yannik

Yes. He has to run past defender and get the ball, thats his game. If he has the ball and he is facing a defender face-to-face, Haaland wont be able to do much. Will be interesting if City and Bayern face this season.

Yeah but just because you know that in theory, doesn't mean you can apply it in practice. Shutting down a player that dribbles is easier than shutting down a pass to a player that makes a great run. To isolate Haaland you have to crack down on the rest of the team. Easier said that done.

Home of Barca Fans