FC Barcelona Finances

Birdy

I don't think the city itself, weather etc. is one of the top factors drawing players to a club, it is probably a factor nevertheless but way down the list, after big ones like the club itself, chances to win trophies, pay and the manager etc.

I wouldn't call United a club without identity. Also, identity isn't that important. What identity does City or Chelsea have?

It's becoming more and more a factor for footballers nowadays.
Puig going to LA solely based on the city life factor.
And leaks about Frenkie always cite 2 reasons he doesn't want UTD: Europa League, and life in the city of Manchester

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It becomes more and more a factor for footballers nowadays.
Puig going to LA solely based on the city life factor.
And leaks about Frenkie always cite 2 reasons he doesn't want UTD: Europa League, and life in the city of Manchester

I don't know, perhaps but if United doubles our pay, I don't think Frenkie would turn them down.

I don't like industrial cities myself but Manchester can't be that bad. Plus, players are just there to play football and rarely do they integrate into the local life.

El Gato

Villarato!
If United binned Ronaldo and made 3 statement transfers that made sense (say buying a top LW) and didnt go back on that alleged promise they'd pay him what Barca owes him on old contract, Frenkie would change tune in heartbeat.
But they're not gonna do any of that and Ronaldo will draw his drama out till last day of the window with them negotiating his salary in a CL contender stopping any serious conversation taking place

City of Manchester wouldnt be a problem if Frenkie had enough assurances he'll be in best position to succeed like he currently is at Barca despite being inconvenient to the accountants

serghei

lol Pep always goes OTT with his praises. He could sell raid to a mosquito

Quite the contrary. He is so fake everyone knows he's full of shit by now. A Pep praise is a fart in the wind these days.

It is like when you have a signed card that you think is rare but turns out that the player loved signing cards and there are millions like yours.

serghei

The problem of United is arrogance. They think they have major pull of Madrid and Barca level. In reality they should have done like Liverpool. Get an elite manager and move heaven and earth to keep him happy.

Face the facts. No player from the big football nations dreams to play for United.

KingLeo10

The problem of United is arrogance. They think they have major pull of Madrid and Barca level. In reality they should have done like Liverpool. Get an elite manager and move heaven and earth to keep him happy.

Face the facts. No player from the big football nations dreams to play for United.

Pull is about:

Superstars (Ballon D'Or winners)
Major trophies (leagues, CLs)
Historical teams (Barca 08-11, Milan 80s, Ajax early 70s, RM etc.)

And then there's factors like city/surroundings

United are simply not above or level to any of Barca, RM, Milan (yes even with their downfall they are still >> United historically), Pool, or Bayern.

Need to realize their place in the pecking order and realize that those table cloth and napkin sales from 90s and 00s under SAF in Vietnam and Malaysia have no bearing to their status now :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Arrogance applies to Barca and Real just as well
The arrogance to assume Mbappe is a lock
The arrogance to assume Barca will be 'fine' in terms of pull for players for future project if not for Pedri, Ansu and Gavi contingent etc already here when best player actually on pitch was Dembele :lol:

United will always now have a bit of historical clout, just like in 20-30 years so will City

serghei

Pull is about:

Superstars (Ballon D'Or winners)
Major trophies (leagues, CLs)
Historical teams (Barca 08-11, Milan 80s, Ajax early 70s, RM etc.)

And then there's factors like city/surroundings

United are simply not above or level to any of Barca, RM, Milan (yes even with their downfall they are still >> United historically), Pool, or Bayern.

Need to realize their place in the pecking order and realize that those table cloth and napkin sales from 90s and 00s under SAF in Vietnam and Malaysia have no bearing to their status now :lol:

It is also about similar cultures, language and things related to this.

Brittish clubs don't get the creme de la creme of these players. They are way down the pecking order.

They are gushing over Aguero there, but the guy was like 6-7th most high profile player from Spanish and Portuguese speaking sphera and that is only talking about attacking players.

From the big historic football nations they get best of the rest. Not the super elite.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Some English kids probably do.

Also I disagree that English clubs don't get top players, of course they do. The appeal of the EPL alone is huge.

serghei

Some English kids probably do.

Also I disagree that English clubs don't get top players, of course they do. The appeal of the EPL alone is huge.

Some English kids probably do. But who is the last English player that was legit one of the top 2-3 players in the world. Owen? :lol: One of the most joke winners of Ballon d'Or ever.

Hell, probably the best young star English football had in offense in the last decade, Bale, went to Madrid. :lol:

English clubs do get top players. Just not the best stars. It's simple for me.

The best South Americans dream to play for Barca and Madrid since they are kids and see their idols playing for these teams. Best German players dream to play for Bayern probably. English clubs do get some of the best of the rest. Even the next-best in line, Italian players, probably would choose Milan, or Juventus, or Inter.

English teams do get top class South American and Portuguese players (same thing really), just not Neymar, not Ronaldo, not Suarez, not Ronaldinho, Messi, Rivaldo etc. Not the best ones.

Even more clear is when they do get these players younger before they are superstars, they make them well known and world beaters, and then they go to Barca and Madrid. :lol: Hilarious. Namely Suarez and Ronaldo. They use elite British teams like Liverpool and United as stepping stone to what they see as next level: Barca, Madrid.

Last edited:

jamrock

Some English kids probably do. But who is the last English player that was legit one of the top 2-3 players in the world. Owen? :lol: One of the most joke winners of Ballon d'Or ever.

Hell, probably the best young star English football had in offense in the last decade, Bale, went to Madrid. :lol:

English clubs do get top players. Just not the best stars. It's simple for me.

The best South Americans dream to play for Barca and Madrid since they are kids and see their idols playing for these teams. Best German players dream to play for Bayern probably. English clubs do get some of the best of the rest. Even the next-best in line, Italian players, probably would choose Milan, or Juventus, or Inter.

English teams do get top class South American and Portuguese players (same thing really), just not Neymar, not Ronaldo, not Suarez, not Ronaldinho, Messi, Rivaldo etc. Not the best ones.

Even more clear is when they do get these players younger before they are superstars, they make them well known and world beaters, and then they go to Barca and Madrid. :lol: Hilarious. Namely Suarez and Ronaldo. They use elite British teams like Liverpool and United as stepping stone to what they see as next level: Barca, Madrid.

Tempt is gonna hate that last sense of your post.

serghei

I've always seen British football as in land of long-term managers. This is their attraction and what they are known for. They trust top managers and hang on to them. This is their way to success, not signing the best players. This was not their thing.

Home of Barca Fans