Gerard Deulofeu

cro-man

Instead of choosing a club where he can play every game as a starter he s choosing a club like everton again. He needs more minutes to learn and everton could be a disaster again.

ceefoo

I'm sure we won't since he's sold.
*Irony oversight"

Martinez should be a good match for him. As previously mentioned, the tough love approach is not the way to go. A good club like Everton is a good fit for his development and I expect him to mature into a rounded footballer over the coming seasons...

by which time we'll probably buy him back for €50m. :zubi:

Last edited:

Jombi

I asked this in the transfer rumors thread, but no one responded:

What is the point of a buy-back if the player refuses to re-sign for Barcelona if we want him back?

Bran the Greenseer

I don't think he'd refuse if we actually want to buy him back, if we do then it's not like we'll loan him out again. I feel once we assure him (be it contractually or otherwise) he'll come back. Also theres apparently a first option too so we don't have to buy him back after only one or two years he can come back as a seasoned player AFTER MSN is no longer as viable as it is right now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
6 million without an actual board in place, to think we'd only need a million more to purchase a talent like Douglas

Jombi

People here thought we would get 15-20m for him.

In the end, we sell him for 6m euros. What is the real reason behind our outrageously charity-like selling policies?

Next up is Song. Will we give him away for free? My guess is that we will. Or even worse, we will loan him out, and pay part of his wages until his contract expires. It just doesnt make any sense to me that teams like Chelsea and RM get these fantastic prices for their players while we are simply a joke in the market.

Jombi

I don't think he'd refuse if we actually want to buy him back, if we do then it's not like we'll loan him out again. I feel once we assure him (be it contractually or otherwise) he'll come back. Also theres apparently a first option too so we don't have to buy him back after only one or two years he can come back as a seasoned player AFTER MSN is no longer as viable as it is right now.

Have we ever activated a buy back option on any player? I think the concern about him not wanting to come back is real enough. He will not get a starting position in our attack, no matter how good he plays for Everton. Maybe when Suarez turns 31 or 32, but we cant buy him back for a good price by then.

first options are worthless IMO.

Adversus

People here thought we would get 15-20m for him.

In the end, we sell him for 6m euros. What is the real reason behind our outrageously charity-like selling policies?

Next up is Song. Will we give him away for free? My guess is that we will. Or even worse, we will loan him out, and pay part of his wages until his contract expires. It just doesnt make any sense to me that teams like Chelsea and RM get these fantastic prices for their players while we are simply a joke in the market.
Come on spread a bit of the love around. You just won the treble and make how many millions in revenue?

Why do you care.

ceefoo

What is the point of a buy-back if the player refuses to re-sign for Barcelona if we want him back?
It's a protection mechanism so we don't get screwed over by the selling club.

Of course, the player has no obligation to re-sign.

Icarium

Lifestealer
That right there sums up your approach to logic, referencing someone else's opinion which none of us are privy to

I'll do you one better, Intro to Logic, great course to recommend

Oh! is it like that? So a coach telling something like he does not have maturity to perform at top level and he continues to show that on the pitch (the important part here) is all bullshit and it is all the management and coach fault. Good laugh and you comment on my logic.

S7_MUFC

It's a protection mechanism so we don't get screwed over by the selling club.

Of course, the player has no obligation to re-sign.

How did Real manage to exercise their buy back clause on Negredo? They made 10 million euros just by signing him and reselling him in the same window...

Home of Barca Fans