Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Fati_Future_BallonDor

That season they beat Bayern on Allianz, so it was very possible for them to play good football vs top teams. And that Barca was nowhere near as good as Bayern.

Once again, exaggeration. Bad result, yes, poor performance, yes, humiliation, no.

Yep i remember watching the game and i can guarantee you Trapp (GK Frankfurt) was by far MotM, normally Bayern would have scored 5-6 goals

I found the stats:

when Bayern lost:

Bayern 20 shots - Frankfurt 5 shots

when Barca lost

Barca 10 shots - Frankfurt 15 shots

Birdy

Xavi was humiliated in Europe TIME and TIME AGAIN

In 3 seasons, he gave us only 3 good games in Europe: Napoli AWAY 21/22, Napoli HOME 23/24, PSG AWAY 23/24

3 good games in 3 whole seasons...

Meanwhile, he gave us embarrassing nights vs Bayern (many times), Inter, United, Frankfurt, etc.

ajnotkeith

I thought the excuses card is out. You made sure of it. Play fair.
We don't know of the contextual circumstances he is talking about yet.

If Madrid end up having an 100 point season, and we finish narrowly behind, we would still have had an amazing league season without winning the league, we simply came up against an even better competitor.

If Madrid have a poor season and we still lose the league that would be classed as a failure in the league.

serghei

One off game and Bayern were in atrocious form that season anyway at times.. when they beat Barca in amongst struggling to beat others.

These excuses are never ending.

It was a humiliation. One of many games tactically done by opponents in Europe and contributed to club losing huge amount of money.

Excuses for something that is subjective? I disagree with your interpretation of "humiliation" in that specific situation. :lol:

Do better.

JamDav1982

Excuses for something that is subjective? I disagree with your interpretation of "humiliation" in that specific situation. :lol:

Do better.

Barca were done tactically and lost a game to a mid table Bundesliga team when could have been even more.

Humiliating and long lasting impact.

Do better.

Aye 'excuses' about how they beat Bayern.. same Bayern who got dumped out of CL by Villareal and dropped points to plenty poor to average sides that season.

Excuses keep coming.

ajnotkeith

Do better.
It was truly a huge failure and as mentioned here probably cost the club huge amounts of money in the grand scheme of things. Not only were we really strong favourites to win that Europa but it also led to us being put in a difficult CL group and knocked out of that (we would have been pot1 if we won the tournament).

Yes, they are a decent team, but were not even one of the top sides in Germany, and in a 2 legged tie there is really no excuse to lose it without winning either of the games.

It was also 3-0 until we scored late consolations which is part of the reason its remembered so poorly.

JamDav1982

It was truly a huge failure and as mentioned here probably cost the club huge amounts of money in the grand scheme of things. Not only were we really strong favourites to win that Europa but it also led to us being put in a difficult CL group and knocked out of that (we would have been pot1 if we won the tournament).

Yes, they are a decent team, but were not even one of the top sides in Germany, and in a 2 legged tie there is really no excuse to lose it without winning either of the games.

It was also 3-0 until we scored late consolations which is part of the reason its remembered so poorly.

Exactly.. that is part of the reason it was another European humiliation.

Completely done tactically and probably lucky was only three by that point.

Then all that followed and the money lost at time could least afford it.

Humiliation at every level when Barca even getting dusted in EL by average sides.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

That El trophy was so easy to win, next opponent would have been Westham and then Rangers. We would have even avoided the stronger teams in El lol after having only Gala in R16.

It is what it is. Definitely hurts more than the Manu defeat.

jamrock

In other news, flick has given the player Friday off, this is twice in the past two weeks he's has given players a unscheduled day off.

Much needed now with all these injuries, he's probably cursing his luck.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Gundo about Flick: “We talked a lot about soccer - we still have a good relationship, and I'm still grateful to him for making me captain of the DFB in a difficult situation at that time.”

Home of Barca Fans