Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Horatio

You're welcome
Surprised people bring up pre-season wins as hopeful. I thought at this point our strong pre-seasons had become a meme in negative sense.

Just happy Balde is back.

Porque

Surprised people bring up pre-season wins as hopeful. I thought at this point our strong pre-seasons had become a meme in negative sense.

Just happy Balde is back.

Nah but the signs in how we are structured is positive. And our youngsters looked better than Cities and Madrid's.

But then Madrid looked about two weeks behind us in physical preparations, and missed all their proper mids.

Loki

But then Madrid looked about two weeks behind us in physical preparations, and missed all their proper mids.
I think the most proper mid they gonna continue to miss throughout the season. Without Kroos, they can get creativity problems as Modric can't play much anymore. Tchouameni, Cavaminga and Valverde don't build up your game lke Kroos did. We could see an even more practical and vertical Madrid side this season.

Reactions: BJJ

serghei

I think the most proper mid they gonna continue to miss throughout the season. Without Kroos, they can get creativity problems as Modric can't play much anymore. Tchouameni, Cavaminga and Valverde don't build up your game lke Kroos did. We could see an even more practical and vertical Madrid side this season.

True missing Kroos could be big issue for them, but the bad part is they have insane firepower upfront, at least on paper.

Horatio

You're welcome
I wrote an hour ago to a friend: without kroos all will come falling down

But will likely play close to everything

Loki

True missing Kroos could be big issue for them, but the bad part is they have insane firepower upfront, at least on paper.
It'll depend if Mbappe brings them more goals overall or just gonna take the goals from Vini, Bellingham and Rodrygo. Will be interesting to observe if it'll work out with so many players having starting and spotlight ambitions.

Gnidrologist

Preseason or not, i definitely like Flickball better than Xaviball. Whether it will succeed at highest level is still an unknown, but at least i was entertained for once and the overall play had clear structure and patterns. And that with mostly second and third tier players.

Main thing i like:
1) more vertical play, constantly seeking ways to pass the ball into attacking space instead of handball perimeter keepball
2) players constantly moving into spaces to open up or running into spaces for through balls + passers acknowledging it and playing forward balls more instead of static standing around and receiving ball to feet with defender behind them (except Lewa, who cannot into it)
3) pressing is not headless chicken runing after every player (like Xavi did), who has the ball, but carefully closing down lanes and pressing, when there's a clear chance to dispossess and then retreating, if failed --> low compact block, when in their own half. Not many chances were conceded and most of them were cleared away without much panic.
4) players obviously know what they're doing even, if failing. Clear patterns of passing and ways to stretch the field, then attacking the free spaces. None of the confused keepball, where players look like they don't know what they should do next. That's already a big plus for Flick. I didn't get what Xaviball was trying to achieve at all most of the time.
5) way more one-touch passing than in previous years. Players are instructed to circulate the ball as quickly as possible (except Lewa, of course)

The main scare is defense. I have no idea how such an aggressive and straight forward approach would work even against bus parking/counter attacking Laliga teams, let alone big shots in Europe. Also, need to see how our main lineup copes with this kind of ball. Youngsters tend to be more assertive, if less skilled and calm.
Anyhow, these two matches were more pleasing to the eye than our entire last season. Carefully optimistic.

companyofcules

Flick now gets judged in same way as Xavi did... less money and a better Real.. better Barca squad to come into though...a lot will be forgiven if fans see constant progress on the park.
By who? LOL
Let him splash 250 mil and then I can judge him.
Flick is doing a fine job with the children until now.
I think the club absolutely failed to build a winning team due to Xavi, Deco, Laporta and others not using the leavers very carefully.
Now we are stuck in a waiting game for the stadium to work wonders.

We used the VIP area to balance the books and we hope to get some money from other deals to get some bling move to get the plastics happy. That's it, there is no strategy because we are broke.

So Flick will never get the chance to build his team like Xavi, so for me he has the Koeman excuse and scenario to a degree. I will blame him if we are going to get UELed, then he will be Xavi level.

BJJ

Apparently Deco wanted to sign Kante but Flick wasn't convinced.
It's crazy that we keep looking at these stop gap solutions all the time. Hopefully Cassado and Bernal will get minutes this season.

Maradona37

Apparently Deco wanted to sign Kante but Flick wasn't convinced.
It's crazy that we keep looking at these stop gap solutions all the time. Hopefully Cassado and Bernal will get minutes this season.
As you imply, Kante is too old now - it would be a short-term signing. Best to look to the future and develop young midfielders than buy Kante (if that story is true), who was top class but is now winding down his career. Same goes for other players 32 and above.

Loki

My preferred XI

---------------Pau Victor
Fermin/Gavi-------Pedri------------Yamal
-----------Bernal--------Casado
Balde------Cubarsi----Araujo------Kounde
------------------MATS
True, Barca B could definitely advance to Segunda Division with this lineup.

companyofcules

You already making excuses.
Picked a side.

Stay in the loser bracket now.
I choose Flick, not a fan of him, but I don't think he can do worse than Xavi or has a better team. It's the same with an older Lewandowski.
Madrid has Mbappe on top of their winning team so Flick has some decent excuses.
The only difference between him and Xavi is that Xavi invested 250 mil in that team and then complained.
All his trasfers are absolutely trash except Kounde and him too is a flop because he was a CB for Xavi.
La Masia saved Xavi despite his efforts to promote non of them.

Home of Barca Fans