Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

iniestaGOAT

I choose Flick, not a fan of him, but I don't think he can do worse than Xavi or has a better team. It's the same with an older Lewandowski.
Madrid has Mbappe on top of their winning team so Flick has some decent excuses.
The only difference between him and Xavi is that Xavi invested 250 mil in that team and then complained.
All his trasfers are absolutely trash except Kounde and him too is a flop because he was a CB for Xavi.
La Masia saved Xavi despite his efforts to promote non of them.

its literally not the same league winning team. There are massive upgrades.
Apart from DEMBELE ( who contributed absolutely nothing) and washed LEWA we have massive upgrades.

YAMAL
GUNDOGAN
PAU VICTOR
JULIAN ARAUJO
CANCELO?
NICO?
OLMO?
MORE LA MASIA KIDS?

XAVI won without them.
STAND ON BUSINESS.

Same expectations.

jamrock

Looking at the training Torres and Yamal are doing, compared to what flick had the team doing his first training session is night and day, I don't know which is better but the contrast is funny to me.

Whoever is at the training ground now, definitely isn't apart of the new team.

JamDav1982

The training the players coming back do will all be discussed and agreed by the 'fitness team'.

They wont be leaving it on a whim to whoever is left behind.

Players at different stages and different training and also what happen to see at the time.

Loki

Hansi Flick:
"We played a great second half. Lewandowski? He deserved both of those goals because he worked very hard for them."
"We have 16-year-old players who performed exceptionally well. There are players who have really gotten a lot better over the last several days."
"Dani Olmo? It's not Olmo's day, it was the day of Lewandowski's with his two goals."
"There are 10 days left for the start of La Liga, we are going in the right direction but we can improve a lot."
"I think we have enough players in midfield.

BJJ

I like his low key approach. He seems pretty balanced but this club will test his mental strength and sanity. Even the strongest characters find it hard here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe he won't get too affected by press as he's not Catalan but there surely will be less patience for him than Xavi. From the board too as their asses could be on the line as well with elections nearing.

serghei

Let's hope for his sake that Flick doesn't die on the Lewandowski hill. He can easily slip and break his neck if he's not careful.

Birdy

I am not gonna comment on the playstyle changes that I see already in the friendlies.
Will make an assessment after the first few official games

But, I would like to emphasize the huge change in orientation already evident.
Flick is playing with 16yr old Masia kids, doesn't complain, and says we don't need transfers the squad is good
Compare that to Xavi's constant whining that he doesn't have another 100m and yet another 200m to splash on 'top players' of his liking...

Thank God we god rid of this toxicity.

Andresito

Staff member
On what hill should he die then? Ferran, Pau Victor, Roque?
What he means is Flick shouldn't desperately play Lewy if he provides stinker after stinker, but rather be open minded about other options as well. Lewy can play but he should also be prepared to come off early in second half or even start from bench some games.

Home of Barca Fans