Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

I'm afraid things don't work like in amateur football. Fermin hasn't trained in a week, throwing him into a league match right away from the airport is risky. Valencia match is not some friendly.

Expected to be back next week and ready for Athletic Bilbao game.

A week is nothing and will still have fitness and for what is at stake would do it.

serghei

Exactly. Bernal would never have got dispossessed. The ball got held up meaning it arrived to his foot 0.3second slower than he anticipated.

Xavi screaming at the TV scolding the groundsman on that one no doubt.

At this team, if you lose 3-4 preseason games, you miss out on the next big thing according to the fanbase. :lol: Who the fuck is Bernal?

He is an absolute nobody. :lol: The only legit premiere level talents we have are Gavi and Yamal. Some are filler, some are inconsistent, some are overrated to high heavens.

The team is just not very good. We overachieved a lot in recent seasons. Simply no business winning a league title vs Madrid and getting so close to a CL semis or a final if you look at the squad we've had.

To add to the problems, we can't even play our home games on our stadium and have to play at that piece of shit venue. We can't even use the intimidating factor that Camp Nou had, which helped a bit even when the team wasn't that good.

Last edited:

serghei

Iirc we're supposed to be back at Camp Nou by December with limited capacity.

Let's hope a) that's true, and b) the league fight is not over for us until that happens. I don't see how we are playing on Camp Nou in december, the construction site looks like a mess.

I don't believe in miracles usually. Place looks like at least a year away from receiving any kind of fan that cares about his own health.

JamDav1982

Winning the league over Real 2 seasons back was not some huge over achievement.

Ateltico had won the league two years prior.

Would have Barca now fitness permitting as up there equal or slight favs with that Real.

serghei

Winning the league over Real 2 seasons back was not some huge over achievement.

Ateltico had won the league two years prior.

Would have Barca now fitness permitting as up there equal or slight favs with that Real.

It was a great achievement to pick up points at the rate of a 95 points season. No doubt. Very not surprising that the team could not do it again next season, the rate at which we won points in 2022-23 was quite something. Very hard to do. Picked up a huge amount of wins due to impeccable mentality and hard work. One of the most un-Barca-like titles I can remember.

Defense, clutch goals, 1-0 wins galore. One after another. It was like watching one of the best Atletico versions. Simeone would have been proud.

JamDav1982

It was a great achievement to pick up points at the rate of a 95 points season. No doubt.

It was.. but even that was not needed in end to win it.

Real that season before despite the CL and league win to me had obvious flaws.. their defence was poor and Kroos/Modric etc as a pair was coming to an end.

Same for Benzema up top.

Those two squads would have Barca man for man ever so slight favs now also.

Still think their defence is not great but the pace and power they have going other way they will be almost daring teams to commit and test it.

ajnotkeith

The only way to beat Madrid will be to try and dominate the ball completely as this team isn't capable to win any open or transitional games with top teams.

I still have hope we could beat them in H2Hs because they're still not so good against us despite a better squad.

We can already tell Flick is giving us a loser mentality.

First time in 100 years 100 percent of the fans have already given up.

Speak for yourself.
Its to early for judging him, the team is a mess rightnow, the board is a bunch of retards unable to sell players.

He started the preseason with 70% or more of canteranos.
People are mad for loosing a gamper 🤔.
in December our opinions will be more precise for the moment we do not have enough elements, wait n see mate.

serghei

The only way to beat Madrid will be to try and dominate the ball completely as this team isn't capable to win any open or transitional games with top teams.

I still have hope we could beat them in H2Hs because they're still not so good against us despite a better squad.

On the contrary for me. Our road to a seemingly hard-to-be-believed title is not in the h2h vs them, but in picking up more points vs smaller sides.

JamDav1982

It is.. and then you are probably playing potentially an all time great team on the break and Real under Ancelotti are happy to let teams have ball if gives them best chance to win.. see games v City.

The lesser teams have to camp in box and keep an eye on Bellingham more than anyone probably.. better teams need to try and take ball off them in midfield and be well set for fucking attempting to stop the blitz coming other way when lose it.

JamDav1982

On the contrary for me. Our road to a seemingly hard-to-be-believed title is not in the h2h vs them, but in picking up more points vs smaller sides.

If Barca dont win at least one game v Real cant see getting anywhere close to title.

Those are the games that will matter the most as all should be beating the best teams regularly.

Last title win Barca were better than Real vs the top teams.

serghei

It is vital to be prepared to work to exhaustion. 5 1-0 wins in a row by the slimmest of margins are worth much more than four 4-0 wins and a loss due to complacency and fuck-ups leading to Christmas gifts to opposition. That's the recipe for us. One game at a time with the same intensity and motivation.

The 2022-23 season is the recipe. The only complacent game we produced that season until the title was won was a 0-1 loss to Almeria. Just one in an entire season where the team had the wrong mentality and approach.

Home of Barca Fans