Ivan Rakitić

EdmondDantes

Was it his assist for Pedro's goal? Solid performance as well. He gives us that bit of grit - and height- in midfield. That period of fixtures on the bench seem to have awakened him.

FC B

He seems to me like a good squad player that usually helps a lot both attacking and defending modes but he lacks pace and somethimes the quicknes of his executions.

But up until now I'm happy with him comming here considering his low price.

Ghosting

He's not a star player, but you can't have a team of star players, Rakitic fits perfectly, he has a very good range of passing he passes the ball onto the forwards quickly, he covers Alves a lot in the RB position and has a lot of running in him to cover all over the midfield. He can also contribute at set pieces, crossing and long range shooting.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We wouldn't be in position to hold La Liga in our hands if it wasn't for Rakitic. He's basically our defensive midfielder. Only without luxury of Busquets to cover only half circle while jogging.

Antimadridista1

He progressed so much during the second part of the season.
He's a great player, and probably our most important midfielder at the moment (most important doesn't mean the best obviously).

SeloBarca

I dunno. It feels like everything created in attack is done by Messi. Raki just isnt quick thinking enough and his passing is good, but not excellent for a midfielder.

Right now we have no "creator" in the midfield, and it falls to Messi to do the job. Rafinha is probably more suited to take over Ineistas AM place, but we still need a creator imo.

As it is now, we could just aswell play Messi and Raki/Iniesta/Rafinha in center midfield and use Neymar/Suarez/Pedro in attack. Messi is more in midfield then in attack anyways.

F

Flavia

I dunno. It feels like everything created in attack is done by Messi. Raki just isnt quick thinking enough and his passing is good, but not excellent for a midfielder.

Right now we have no "creator" in the midfield, and it falls to Messi to do the job. Rafinha is probably more suited to take over Ineistas AM place, but we still need a creator imo.

As it is now, we could just aswell play Messi and Raki/Iniesta/Rafinha in center midfield and use Neymar/Suarez/Pedro in attack. Messi is more in midfield then in attack anyways.

It looks to be by design. Rakitic can create, but that's not his current job.

Irish_Cules

Playing an important role in the team at the moment. Not as flashy as we might like but still hugely important. Improving and gaining confidence with each passing game also.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
His chemistry and linking-up with Messi is phenomenal, and he played really well today. Still think he should have been bought alongside with Cesc instead of replacing him, but I'm nowhere near as unhappy about the transfer now

Androutsos

I feel like having Neymar & Suarez means Messi can go off and create shit in midfield.

utility73

Him together with Thiago would have been some awesome midfield. But who knows maybe Rafinha might eventually show the potential everyone has been raving about all those years.

Home of Barca Fans