Ivan Rakitić

Mido

Rakitic Busi and either of Isco or Modric could make our midfield world class again. Sad that both are real players. I prefer Isco/Modric over verrati/pogba.

Totally agree with you, I like them both but I dont think that they suit to us.

Rakitic the Barca's best midfielder. Who saw this coming?

Rakitic is a solid payer, not an excellent one like Xavi and Iniesta are/can be. His utility is primarly tactical.

BBZ8800

He should be a Dmf in home matches against weaker teams to secure some nice passing/attacking play.
Mascherano's performance was horrible in attacking/build us/off the ball movement sense.

JamDav1982

He should be a Dmf in home matches against weaker teams to secure some nice passing/attacking play.
Mascherano's performance was horrible in attacking/build us/off the ball movement sense.

Masch will still be better in games where teams have more of an attacking threat and it will mean Rakitic in CM which is a must.

khaled_a_d

I am not worried about his passing /build up as I am worried about that lack to off the ball movement .many times Iniesta and Xavi was spinning around themselves trying to get the ball to someone and he is just not there .he isn't needed to make fancy passes but just to the closest teammate .but not being there is horrible .just horrible

BBZ8800

I am not worried about his passing /build up as I am worried about that lack to off the ball movement .many times Iniesta and Xavi was spinning around themselves trying to get the ball to someone and he is just not there .he isn't needed to make fancy passes but just to the closest teammate .but not being there is horrible .just horrible

Yes. I always remember how Xavi was always offering himself to every teammate (when some of our players, NOT Xavi, had the ball) when he was a Dmc and a Mc. Xavi was always somewhere near, and available for you to make an easy pass to him.
Masch, on the other hand, zero, nothing.

I have said on chat that he sometimes just stands back and watches our action, in a Gk's mode.
Sit back, not doing any move/support/help for Xavi+Iniesta.

Masch could be the best tackler in the world, or whatever, but he is just very, very poor in some other duties from a defensive midfielder, especially for Barca's level.

Home of Barca Fans