Ivan Rakitić

Zangash

Banned
Yes. I always remember how Xavi was always offering himself to every teammate (when some of our players, NOT Xavi, had the ball) when he was a Dmc and a Mc. Xavi was always somewhere near, and available for you to make an easy pass to him.
Masch, on the other hand, zero, nothing.

I have said on chat that he sometimes just stands back and watches our action, in a Gk's mode.
Sit back, not doing any move/support/help for Xavi+Iniesta.

Masch could be the best tackler in the world, or whatever, but he is just very, very poor in some other duties from a defensive midfielder, especially for Barca's level.

But... didn't you watch the world cup? /sarcasm

Busquets being injured at this time could be as bad for us as Valdes getting injured and forcing us to rely on Pinto in our most crucial games of the season. For all the hpye Masche has behind him he's really nowhere near Barca CDM standards.

Mido

But... didn't you watch the world cup? /sarcasm

Busquets being injured at this time could be as bad for us as Valdes getting injured and forcing us to rely on Pinto in our most crucial games of the season. For all the hpye Masche has behind him he's really nowhere near Barca CDM standards.

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Luis Enrique: "Rakitic as defensive midfielder? I like him at every position. One of our best transfers. Tactically, he's very intelligent."

I

instinct

*deep sigh*

Rakatic as CDM in El Clasico confirmed, then.

Rakitic as CDM would mean that Iniesta and Xavi, Xavi or Rafinha or Iniesta and Rafinha would start in midfield.

Iniesta - Rafinha proved to be fairly unbalanced in the last matches
Xavi - Iniesta was a flop in the last Clasico. Can't see Lucho doing this again
Xavi - Rafinha was rarely tested throughout the season. Therefore I believe this is not an option either.

khaled_a_d

Rakitic as CDM would mean that Iniesta and Xavi, Xavi or Rafinha or Iniesta and Rafinha would start in midfield.

Iniesta - Rafinha proved to be fairly unbalanced in the last matches
Xavi - Iniesta was a flop in the last Clasico. Can't see Lucho doing this again
Xavi - Rafinha was rarely tested throughout the season. Therefore I believe this is not an option either.

So basically we are fucked up? :lol:

BBZ8800

Do people really want rakitic to start over masch regularly as cdm?

I would. At least in home matches, like today.

Hopefully not. He'd be fine against scrub teams though.

On the other hand, I have yet to see what exactly Masch brings as a DMC in Barca, except tackles and energy/pressure in defensive actions.
He is the worst Dmc I have watched in the last 10 years for Barca in terms of supporting/movement/linking up with other midfielders and attackers.

So, imo, this is how our strengths look like with different Dmcs:
Dmc Busi:
-- attack+build up 100%
-- defense 90%

Dmc Masch:
-- defense 100%
-- and our midfield weakened to 50% because he contributes absolutely nothing

-- so, when he plays, defense won't suffer
-- attacks and build up will suffer as if we are playing with 10 men

Dmc Rakitic:
-- defense will be slightly weaker than with Masch, let's say 80%
-- attack won't be as fluid as with Busi (100%), but around 80%

So, again, in matches like today, I would rather play Rakitic.
MAsch can play against City where we are defending 2:1 lead.

Against Real, if we want to play a draw, then Masch is good.
If we are hoping to score some Goals, let's hope that a front three and 2 Mcs will produce something by themselves, without Masch's help.

khaled_a_d

I would. At least in home matches, like today.

On the other hand, I have yet to see what exactly Masch brings as a DMC in Barca, except tackles and energy/pressure in defensive actions.
He is the worst Dmc I have watched in the last 10 years for Barca in terms of supporting/movement/linking up with other midfielders and attackers.

So, imo, this is how our strengths look like with different Dmcs:
Dmc Busi:
-- attack+build up 100%
-- defense 90%

Dmc Masch:
-- defense 100%
-- and our midfield weakened to 50% because he contributes absolutely nothing

-- so, when he plays, defense won't suffer
-- attacks and build up will suffer as if we are playing with 10 men

Dmc Rakitic:
-- defense will be slightly weaker than with Masch, let's say 80%
-- attack won't be as fluid as with Busi (100%), but around 80%

So, again, in matches like today, I would rather play Rakitic.
MAsch can play against City where we are defending 2:1 lead.

Against Real, if we want to play a draw, then Masch is good.
If we are hoping to score some Goals, let's hope that a front three and 2 Mcs will produce something by themselves, without Masch's help.

The problem about Rakitic as DM is that we lose him as CM .right now we are realising how thin our squad is .
You lose Busquets and there is a serious drop in quality of the team .and it is either in CB&DM or DM&CM
I am not sure about it tbh .I don't like Mascherano as a DM .and I for sure don't like Xavi starting against RM as CM

Home of Barca Fans