Ivan Rakitić

L

linetty

Masch has played at a higher level in DM than Rakitic ever has.

All the evidence of either of them playing there says Masch is more suited.

The only thing Rakitic has over him for the position is being better on ball but Masch is better defensively and is not bad on ball anyway.

Samper has done NOTHING to suggest he should be a better DM than Masch now either. Other than people guessing what his potential is.
Maschs only quality is defensive ability, Rakitic has that too and a lot more. Samper is basically a younger Busquets.

We play shitty with Masch in mf, I watched all the games this season and your poor arguments are pointless

Rakitic at DM waste or not I don't care it's only for a few games

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Not even close. Rakitic is better and Samper would also be if he got a chance.

There's nothing that backs up your claim and you won't tell me masch is a good dm for Barca, never

Yes, mhm - Samper would of course be better on DM than Masche against RM.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You should have been on the Match Chat. There was basically a meltdown at HT. :lol:

We are leaders in La Liga, Messi is pichichi, Suárez is scoring consistently, Piqué is at his best form and it looks like everyone agreed to come here and write the craziest thing they could think of, hahaha... Fortunately, I was tucked in bed watching the game, because the chat would have killed me, hahaha...

JamDav1982

Maschs only quality is defensive ability, Rakitic has that too and a lot more. Samper is basically a younger Busquets.

We play shitty with Masch in mf, I watched all the games this season and your poor arguments are pointless

Rakitic doesnt come close to the defensive cover Masch does.

Masch has played DM in teams that got to CL and World Cup finals being one of their best players.

Rakitic has proven NOTHING as a DM and has looked fairly weak playing there for Croatia.

Masch should never be DM ahead of Busi or even a first choice DM at Barca but against the likes of City and Real Masch is a much better fit.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
masch is far superior to rakitic at defending in that position. they are not comparable, masch is one of the best defensive mids in the world you do realise that? samper has potential but he isn't ready yet. even busquets was introduced slowly.

rakitic is also wasted at dm because his skillset should be used further up the pitch. but he could be used there in emergencies (someone gets sent off etc)

L

linetty

Masch has played DM in teams that got to CL and World Cup finals being one of their best players.
Which means absolutely nothing. He doesn't suit Barcas current style and it has nothing to do with argies or something that happened years ago.....

BBZ8800

On that point, Modric was once the key player of Spurs.

Modric's opponents (football fans) were always saying that he just plays safe passes and doesn't have the "balls" to take responsibility by himself.
In Spurs, he was hailed by some as the best, but others were saying that he is missing the end product both is assists and goals (and is some courage).

Now, in Real, where he is surrounded by 10 awesome players, he is "clicking" perfectly.
He is not the main star, he has more space, and he plays like a boss there.

But then again, when he plays for Croatia, old problems return, he is the main star and a key player there, and something just doesn't work properly when he is the key man and a leader of the team.

A part of Croatian fans made jokes about Modric during WC 2014 how he again didn't come at tournament and stayed on vacations, because both on Euro 2012 and Wc 2014, Croatian fans had high hopes, but we were losing against any decent opponent. (For example, Ireland 3:1, Italy 1:1, Spain 0:1, Brasil 1:3, Cameroon 4:0 in a possibly rigged match, Mexico 0:3).
I have seen some statistics, in the last few years, Croatia has horrible results against average and strong opponents. But absolutely horrible results.
My opinion is that Croatia is not that great at all, as hyped, plus that we play horribly when Modric is our key main.
Anyway, some stats to prove that:
2014:
Cro:Mexico 0:3
Cro:Cameroon 4:0
Cro:Brasil 1:3
Cro:Belgium 1:1
Cro:Belgium 1:2
Cro:Scotland 0:1
Cro:Scotland 0:2
Cro:Serbia 2:0
Cro:Serbia 1:1

2012:
Cro:Spain 0:1
Cro:Italy 1:1
Cro:Ireland 3:1
Cro:Turkey 0:0
Cro:Turkey 3:0
Cro:Greece 0:0
Cro:Greece 0:2

2010:
Cro:England 1:4
Cro:England 1:5
Cro:Ukraine 2:2
Cro:Ukraine 0:0

Basically, since 2008 to 2014 Croatia played 20 matches against average/stronger teams, and we have only 4 wins in 20 matches (Serbia 2:0, Ireland 3:1, Cameroon rigged match 4:0, Turkey 3:0).

So, again, I am not buying the hype how Croatia is a world class because we have 3-4 world class players.
Plus, in my opinion, our team is poor since Modric is a leader.
Plus again, Croatia's poor results with Rakitic at DMC don't exactly prove how Rakitic is a poor DMC.

JamDav1982

Which means absolutely nothing. He doesn't suit Barcas current style and it has nothing to do with argies or something that happened years ago.....

So rather than someone who has proved himself as one of the best DMs on the world you want to play someone who has proven NOTHING as a DM?

Masch was good as DM against Villareal a few nights ago and his passing/defensive work was spot on.

Not as silky as Busquets but that doesnt mean Rakitic is better.

Frodo_FCB

I remember actually that in some point earlier in the season, we were not sure who should be a starter, Busi or Masch..Now you guys say that Raki should start? It is obvious that Raki would suffer against RM and City. Masch-Raki-Iniesta is the way to go if Busi is not available.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Samper nah, but Rakitic of course

We need him as cm tho

Masch has been our most consistent player this season, after Messi - both on CB and DM. Masch was best DM in the WC, by a mile - and he was again the best player after Messi in Argentina. He's not good on the ball? What? He's good enough even for Barca and his crosses are sweeeeeet AND his defensive abilities are best on the team. Against a countering team like RM, Masch is EXATCLY the player we need on DM. Masch + Iniesta/Raki. The only problem is that Masch is also needed at CB, but that's another thing.

L

linetty

Masch currently being not a good dm for Barca is so obvious it's crazy but unfortunately there's not many options

At cb he's great

Home of Barca Fans