Ivan Rakitić

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
It doesn't mean that Rakitic can't surpass Luka, but at the moment, I rate Luka Modric higher than Ivan Rakitic.

Well Rakitic is the main man in midfield for Croatia instead of Modric and always delivers for them thats why I rate Ivan higher

Behrox

If we don't sign any other midfielder, he'll be a starter alongside Iniesta. If we do, he'll replace Fàbregas as a midfield all-rounder/offensive midfielder.

I like his overall game better than Cesc, he has more diversity instead of just being a through ball machine

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well Rakitic is the main man in midfield for Croatia instead of Modric and always delivers for them thats why I rate Ivan higher

Now I don't watch Croatia play much, but from what I've heard, Modric has not been bad either for their NT, not to forget he has been very good at top club level for quite some years now

Behrox

Now I don't watch Croatia play much, but from what I've heard, Modric has not been bad either for their NT, not to forget he has been very good at top club level for quite some years now
Actually Modric was quite dissapointing in the NT wrt the standard expected of him but Rakitic was as consitent as ever

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Croatia aren't that good from what I saw. They have all the individuals but they fail to turn up, especially Modric. They lost twice to Scotland FFS.

Antimilan

Unbelievable... comparing Modric to Rakitic and saying the later is better ? :lol:

All of you who are considering Rakitic as a problem-solver of Barca's midfield will be bitterly surprised.

Never ever base your arguments and/or comments for a player if you didn't watch him for at least one season long.

Remember, EVERYONE is a superstar on youtube (highlights and all that crap).

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Unbelievable... comparing Modric to Rakitic and saying the later is better ? :lol:

All of you who are considering Rakitic as a problem-solver of Barca's midfield will be bitterly surprised.

Never ever base your arguments and/or comments for a player if you didn't watch him for at least one season long. Everyone is a superstar on youtube.

People here have it in their head that everyone in the universe > cesc.

Djab

Never ever base your arguments and/or comments for a player if you didn't watch him for at least one season long.

I have watched Sevilla and Rakitic a dozen of times this term (against Valencia, RM, us, Benfica, etc.) And every time he has impressed me. You clearly have watched more of him so you know more. But as I saw him he is very good.

I will watch his game against Brasil and see what he's capable of.

Behrox

I saw all the interesting matches Sevilla played against good opposition (Valencia, Sociadad away, RM, Barca, Villareal away, etc) and was always impressed by Rakitic. Maybe you have some other criteria for being a good mid but Rakitic always left a good impression in the games I saw at least

Home of Barca Fans