Ivan Rakitić

clemente

Have you seen him play? He is covering space for MSN.. Like he said in one article: He would run his legs for MSN. His job is not to create goals for Barca. It's mostly defensive. He can make great plays offensively, but thats not his role with Barcleona. He has taken this unselfish job and done pretty damn good job, while not getting too much credit for it.

Every game he is running like crazy for 60-70 min, offense and defense. The guy is work horse.

Stop trying, this forum has no clue what they are talking about, if they see that a midfielder doesn't dribble through everyone and create chances it means hes shit and should be sold. Take Rakitic out of our squad and we won't even reach a CL spot on the table, this guy is running for 3 players, allowing others to be lazy and out of position on the pitch, it hurts to me how instead of praise this guy gets shit on by the fans and some clowns want to sell him.

JamDav1982

Stop trying, this forum has no clue what they are talking about, if they see that a midfielder doesn't dribble through everyone and create chances it means hes shit and should be sold. Take Rakitic out of our squad and we won't even reach a CL spot on the table, this guy is running for 3 players, allowing others to be lazy and out of position on the pitch, it hurts to me how instead of praise this guy gets shit on by the fans and some clowns want to sell him.

Seems you are the one that doesnt know what you are talking about and rate Rakitic far too highly.

He is average and not near the technical ability a Barca starter should be. It is the signing of players like him over Kroos that has caused Barca midfield to be so poor.

What did his one paced running achieve vs Juve? Nothing. He was chasing shadows in no man land for most part and contributed next to nothing on the ball.

The day the term 'work horse' is used to give excuses for a Barcelona midfielder not great on the ball is a sad, sad day.

Last edited:

Meatball

+1 we can keep him next season! Sell Gomes, Arda, Denis instead to make room n budget for new blood! Paco, Digne also have to go, too!

clemente

Seems you are the one that doesnt know what you are talking about and rate Rakitic far too highly.

He is average and not near the technical ability a Barca starter should be. It is the signing of players like him over Kroos that has caused Barca midfield to be so poor.

But he plays a different role than Rakitic, its not required from him to create chances, get crosses inside the box, score goals. Put Kroos in Rakitic position and you will see a big defensive presence missing, same happened with Arda and Gomes when they tried to replace that position, maybe under new manager with completely new system we can do better than Rakitic but today he is too important for us.

Sneer

Banned
I'd say sell everyone in the midfield now except Iniesta, Rafinha and Busi . . .
Arda,Gomes,Denis,Raki, every one of them. . . . . Alena can stay though.

JamDav1982

But he plays a different role than Rakitic, its not required from him to create chances, get crosses inside the box, score goals. Put Kroos in Rakitic position and you will see a big defensive presence missing, same happened with Arda and Gomes when they tried to replace that position, maybe under new manager with completely new system we can do better than Rakitic but today he is too important for us.

That it is the point. Barcelona should have midfielders like Kroos who are better on the ball not average midfielders that run about a lot.

Rakitic has not even been that great defensively recently as Barca midfield is often like a sieve that teams break through.

JerseyAddict

Stop trying. No result will be achieved. Here people see only dribbles and how someone made a laugh of someone selling him dribble.

JamDav1982

Stop trying. No result will be achieved. Here people see only dribbles and how someone made a laugh of someone selling him dribble.

Or some people see that the midfield is offering little to help the front three, are not stopping the opposition defensively and terms like 'work horse' should not be used to justify an average player in that midfield.

Stop trying.

Neymessi

Have you seen him play? He is covering space for MSN.. Like he said in one article: He would run his legs for MSN. His job is not to create goals for Barca. It's mostly defensive. He can make great plays offensively, but thats not his role with Barcleona. He has taken this unselfish job and done pretty damn good job, while not getting too much credit for it.

Every game he is running like crazy for 60-70 min, offense and defense. The guy is work horse.

You both should first read my post again. You just defended him by saying he defends and I never said he doesn't.

He is a midfielder first and foremost. Attacking one at that,not a cdm. His primary role is to help in attacking. And right now our midfield sucks ass in the attacking aspect, so yeah I am surely going to criticize him. If there were enought attacks coming from the midfield and he was surplus I would have been happy with him doing what he is doing.

Never said anything about selling him and most of the stuff you claimed I said. Too many strawmans.

JerseyAddict

He is underperforming... so do they almost all... but this hype sell ALL and buy WC players on all positions is such garbage. First of all with what money? With what "payroll sufficite" we don't have... Who will buy for some "normal" money half of our dead wight? Who better than Rakitić will come here for some "normal" monney and paycheck...

People forget that this aint 90-00... there are oil.clubs, there are EPL TVrights money loaded clubs, now there are Chinese clubs...

If one Andre Gomes was 40-50 whatever milions, who better than Rakitić will come for price we can afford... in the moment we need more WC players on more positions?
This aint now about Rakitić beeing on 2015. level or 2017. level. It is about who will and whit what money will you buy that is BETTER and not DOUBLE the cost.

When Barça buys price skyrockets. This aint Football manager or some doodlydoo game. Here everyone want's to squeez Barça money. And we surely aint RM.

He is a midfielder first and foremost. Attacking one at that,not a cdm. His primary role is to help in attacking.

That is all true, but who plays behind him? Sure not Dani Alves.

People here say Messi does not do this and that, but who plays in the middle? SUre not Xavi and Iniesta prime... I don't say Rakitić is WC or some shit like that... I am not blind. But he is one of the best FOR the given surrouounding of circumstances.

This ain't directly to you. This is even more for smart people who in transfers and rumours want Veratti, Dembele, Mbape, Kante, ROnaldo, Pele, Maradona, Neuer and Kahn all in one summer. Just parafraizing it but you see my picture.

Half of the team needs to be cleared, but I am affraid some of them won't go even for free somewhere because noone will pay them as much as Barça does.
So Rakitić is some of our lesser worries.

JamDav1982

If the market has sky rocketed then could get a good price for Rakitic as well.

The idea that Barca have to make do with the likes of Rakitic as the market is so difficult doesnt add up. Any player that is not good enough in his position should be looked at upgrading and that includes him.

He is average for Barca level but runs a lot and never been anything else. Barca should have better technical players than him and I understand fully the role he has played which is to run for forward players. Which is a partly a consequence of so much been given to front three two and a bit years ago as the midfield was so average and couldnt support them well enough with the ball.

Home of Barca Fans