Javier Pastore

F

Flavia

Argentina squad for the next round of world cup qualifiers:

Goalkeepers: Mariano Andujar (Catania), Sergio Romero (Sampdoria);

Defenders: Hugo Campagnaro (Napoli), Federico Fernandez (Napoli), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica), Marcos Rojo (Sporting Lisbon); Javier Mascherano (Barcelona);

Midfielders: Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid), Fernando Gago (Valencia), Enzo Perez (Benfica), Jose Sosa (Metalist Kharkiv), Pablo Guinazu (Internacional);

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris St Germain), Hernan Barcos (Palmeiras).

Pastore left out AGAIN but Guinazu gets called up?! You might as well call up Cambiasso and Zanetti if you want to call up ancient players.
Unless they sack Sabella, only with a cl-chelsea-like luck Argentina will win the wc 2014.

ShandyFFM

one has to be blind to not see that pastore will help argentina a lot... but who know what its really up to?? perhaps it is messi who dont want him in the squad or something else...also coloccini should be a garanted starter too......

i hope banega will be back soon he will be so freaking important to the team

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
No offense to Coloccini but they should be getting younger with the defense, not older. It's time for more Musacchio, Lisandro Lopez, Pezzalla, Fazio, Roncaglia.

Paganinisrvnge

-----Aguero----Higuain-----
-----------Messi-----------
-------Pastore---Banega---
-----------Masch----------

This midfield and attack would rape.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
-----Aguero----Higuain-----
-----------Messi-----------
-------Pastore---Banega---
-----------Masch----------

This midfield and attack would rape.

The problem is Argentina has shit fullbacks right now and there is no width there. Di Maria as an option helps but it's still imbalanced as always.

And that's Argentina's biggest problem. Everyone gushes over how many attacking midfielders they have, but that's the only place they have consistently produced world class talent over the past decade.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I swear to god Sabella is a fool, Pastore would improve Argentina's midfield tremendously and yet he doesn't pick him. How do people like Sabella manage to pass their coaching badges in the first place, never mind actually become coaches.

JamDav1982

I swear to god Sabella is a fool, Pastore would improve Argentina's midfield tremendously and yet he doesn't pick him. How do people like Sabella manage to pass their coaching badges in the first place, never mind actually become coaches.

Sabella is right to leave out Pastore, for all his quality he is quite lazy, inconsistent and not all that mobile.

He would only get a game in the No.10 role that Messi plays and you cant have two players playing there.

elvisng1005

Oh, yes, he's lazy but i feel like he has Argentine DNA, sometimes being normal in almost the game, but just tik-tok, he can make the difference like Messi or Aguero and be shine very on time in some big games in Ligue 1.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Argentina could use a player who can slow down the game, if only on the bench. Riquelme was lazy too.

At least Sabella isn't calling up the hard working Tevez...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
PSG would've never made it without him. He kept possession brilliantly and was key for their interplay.

xavisionary

Cantona and Raheem Sterling been smoking the same chronic.

Eric Cantona: PSG’s Javier Pastore is the best player in the world

The former Manchester United and France striker Eric Cantona has revealed a surprising choice for the player he rates as the best in the world – Paris Saint-Germain’s Javier Pastore.

Cantona, who won four titles during his spell at Old Trafford and came third in the Ballon d’Or in 1993 behind Roberto Baggio and Dennis Bergkamp, was speaking ahead of the Laureus Sports Awards, which take place in Shanghai on Wednesday.

And rather than opting for the current Ballon d’Or holder Cristiano Ronaldo or four-times winner Lionel Messi, the 48-year-old instead plumped for the Argentina forward Pastore, who he described as “the most creative player” in the world.

“For me, the best player in the world is Javier Pastore,” said Cantona. “I watched two PSG games just to see him play. For me, he is the most creative player at the moment. Pastore is full of surprises. I love this kind of player.”

Pastore, who joined PSG from Palermo in 2011 for a reported €39.8m, is likely to come up against Messi’s Barcelona in Wednesday night’s Champions League quarter-final firtst leg. The 25-year-old has three goals and five assists this season.

Meanwhile, Cantona also courted controversy by suggesting that Spain’s World Cup triumph in 2010 was only down to the influence of Barcelona on the national team.

“Catalonia won the World Cup,” he said. “Spain won it with 10 Barcelona players in the team. Spain did not win the World Cup, Catalonia did. Barcelona won it.

“I’m sure that as soon as the youth set-up from Barcelona and other Spanish teams draw new, good players, Spain will emerge again.”

Home of Barca Fans