Jürgen Klopp

Messi983

Let's wait and see. Would be great to see Pep return and Klopp going to Madrid. But first is very unlikely while second I'm affraid might happen next year.

Devils

There's no way he would come to Laporta's clown show.

Yes Liverpool were a mediocre side when he went there but at least they had a new project in place and had proper structure at the club in their management and sporting areas.

Barca are a disaster from that point of view. Laporta is obsessed with hiring his buddies and most qualified people seem to want to leave.

Not to mention that Klopp has said in the past that Barca football doesn't resonate with him.

He's more likely to go back to Germany at Dortmund imo.

Messi983

I wouldnt even stick with Xavi.

Would punt him if Klopp taking job in year and involve Klopp in who coaches team for year and how wants them to be prepared on and off pitch.

Xavi himself couldnt stay as a lame duck in that scenario. Would be awful for everyone.

Dont think Klopp will want it either way but hypothetically.

Agreed, would be uncomfortable sitiuation but who cares if we could get one of the best managers in the world.

Don't need to acutally make Klopp signing official this summer. Laporta/Deco should just approach him to see if he's interested in coaching Barca in 2025 (if he'd be willing to take over this summer even better but I don't see it happen) after he gets some rest and if his response is positive then can talk with him in January next year to possibly tie him down for the summer. Obviously might risk losing him to other interested clubs but that would always be the case. We're not the most attractive club anymore.

So I think main question is if there is really a manager we could realistically hire this summer that's worth on potentially losing out on Klopp in 12 months. I'm quite intrigued by Thiago Motta but he's also far from a guaranteed success.

That's where my "sticking with Xavi" comes from. We don't need to let him know we plan to replace him. Just let him run down his contract and then see if Klopp is willing to come here or look for other options in 2025 when our financial state should hopefully improve. Unless ofc Xavi suddenly figures things out (which for me would still be the best option) and we decide to keep him longterm.

Andresito

Staff member
There's no way he would come to Laporta's clown show.

Yes Liverpool were a mediocre side when he went there but at least they had a new project in place and had proper structure at the club in their management and sporting areas.

Barca are a disaster from that point of view. Laporta is obsessed with hiring his buddies and most qualified people seem to want to leave.

Not to mention that Klopp has said in the past that Barca football doesn't resonate with him.

He's more likely to go back to Germany at Dortmund imo.
Liverpool had big issues with how FSG were running the club and that 'proper structure' wasn't there when Klopp took charge.

JamDav1982

Would be impossible to keep any plan for Klopp like that out of press and away from Xavi while would serve no purpose rather than preparing for new coach anyway.

Nazario1985

If we miss this opportunity ... then Laporta can go f** himself.

Klopp quitting LV = Somebody real hired him before his announcement.

Seeing how Laporta is drunk Xavi, i don't think it's us.

Home of Barca Fans