Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

companyofcules

No, compare their careers (ability, especially longevity and trophies...) and I really don't see ZZ in front of Modrić.

ZZ was more elegant and had an aura about him but footballwise Modrić tops him. The only midfielder who can compare with Xavi/Iniesta.
he was by a mile

companyofcules

Such clutch player that he led his team to 1 La liga title, 2 Serie A and 1 CL while playing for the best teams in the world during his career. Laughable compared to Modrić, Xavi and Iniesta.

The reason his myth exist is the WC98 finals goals (just the goals, not his play), Leverkusen goal and WC06 wich he ruined in the end because he can't control himself. And a couple of nice touches and flicks. A very good player but this argument started because someone called him Goat lol, not even close.
He dominated you must be young.

companyofcules

ZZ also only won total of 1 Liga tittle in 5 years with RM. And also went 3 empty hand seasons in a row with both Juventus and RM. I'm not sure about his aura. He was inconsistent at club level. Did have big moments and people will remember more. But when it comes to consistency Modric completely beat him.

Btw, panenka pk in 06 happened very early, like 10th minute of the match when the score was 0-0. I think it is not that big (compare to Messi's panenka in pk shoot out for example).
Modric won one too if you cut the refs

Home of Barca Fans