Luis Enrique

Ursegor

World Champion
^ It's obvious, isn't it? Neymar was getting subbed quite a lot at the beginning of the season and it did him good. But he's become comfortable now in [strike]Messi's rectum[/strike] the dressing room and started shaking his head and giving interviews when taken off that "no one likes to get subbed" so he plays as much as possible now.

Kohe321

Good thing he got his fifth yellow then, it seems the only one that can rest Neymar is Neymar. :lol:

Last edited:

serghei

From everything that happened, I conclude that after Sociedad match Lucho was being asked not to upset Neymar and Messi anymore and play them at all times.

And Lucho is not a stupid man. He sees, just like his fanboys here see that Ney's been terrible and fatigued. Yet, Lucho keeps him and doesn't do what worked in first part of the season.

You do realise how that, if true, makes Lucho seem like right? Acting like a true commander in the media and being a total puppet in reality.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You can't draw such a general conclusion based on a singular example. Odds are high that he was pressured not to bench Messi and Neymar and he gave in there.
If he was a "total puppet" he wouldn't have said what he said about Dani Alves just recently.

serghei

You can't draw such a general conclusion based on a singular example. Odds are high that he was pressured not to bench Messi and Neymar and he gave in there.
If he was a "total puppet" he wouldn't have said what he said about Dani Alves just recently.

I don't know about that. Putting a player on because the board tells you to is pretty serious. Singular case or not. Besides, it's only singular until it happens again.

Also, he seems to be pretty chaotic (or he's not chaotic, but he's malicious towards some players) in his decisions. If he was interested in rotating players, he would've started Pedro. IMO, he doesn't play Pedro because Pedro is a good guy and will keep calm even if he's benched several games in a row.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You must have missed pep being unable to rest nor sub Messi for 4 years.
He was also a "total puppet"?

serghei

You must have missed pep being unable to rest nor sub Messi for 4 years.
He was also a "total puppet"?

Messi has won the BD in every single season during Pep's time. He knew how to handle Messi, and he also knew how to make Messi feel who is in charge. Even if he didn't sub or rest him. After Pep, Messi pretty much became the team. Guardiola was the leader of the team. He left when he didn't have full control anymore.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What does that have to do with your initial "total puppet" premise?
Messi was never subbed because Messi didn't want to be subbed, not because that's what pep planned. There's even that famous video where pep asks him to go off and Messi refuses, then pep frowns.

By your reasoning Pep was also a "total puppet".

serghei

By your reasoning Pep was also a "total puppet".

Well, factually, no. I referred to subbing Neymar. Not Messi. And the board didn't interviene as far as I know with Pep. When the board interviened, Pep left.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:lol:
Pep left because he was always going to. Or are you one of those who believes in fairytales. Pep said right from the start that he won't be staying long and never be our Ferguson. Also said specifically that he left because he couldn't motivate the squad anymore. Rosell was actually being annoying in trying to keep him and get him back. Pep also complained about that.
And why are you changing the subject?
For the arguments sake, what does it matter who "intervenes". Board or a player himself.

serghei

Also said specifically that he left because he couldn't motivate the squad anymore.

You really believe that? OK. You can create theories, but I can't. It's that how it works?

For the arguments sake, what does it matter who "intervenes". Board or a player himself.

Of course it does. Pep could have subbed Messi if he wanted, but he decided to keep him on than create a conflict inside the team. Lucho was told to play Neymar, by the employer (the board). Entirely different. One is a decision of the manager to please a player, the other is an order the manager executed.

serghei

And why are you changing the subject?

How am I changing the subject?

I said Lucho is a total puppet if he didn't rest a player because the board told him not to.

You said Pep is also a total puppet by this definition.

I said Pep was never told to do something by the board. That is the different.

Then you said it doesn't matter who intervenes.

I said it does, and I explained why.

serghei

I can "make theories" because there are quotes that back me up.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/4986406

If that's a first time you hear it, I'm sorry to dispel your dreams.
I'm done wasting time explaining well known facts.

There were rumors at the time that Pep left because the board didn't want to let some players go, players that Pep was disappointed with. So the theory isn't made out of thin air as you claim.

We all choose which rumor we believe, and which we dismiss as false.

I'm done wasting time explaining well known facts.

More like standard PR. If you believe everything players or coaches tell you at press conferences... well, good luck with that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Neymar started EVERY match since Atleti. 11 games, subbed only 3 times. Everyone is being rotated as in first part of the season, only Neymar is being treated differently. Coincidence, I think not.
From everything that happened, I conclude that after Sociedad match Lucho was being asked not to upset Neymar and Messi anymore and play them at all times.

And Lucho is not a stupid man. He sees, just like his fanboys here see that Ney's been terrible and fatigued. Yet, Lucho keeps him and doesn't do what worked in first part of the season.

You conclude Lucho has been told not to bench Neymar or upset him?

Why does he keep taking him off then? When he visibly does not like it.

Home of Barca Fans