Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I do. It's a realistic conclusion based on Neymar's playing time before and after Sociedad. And the turmoil that ensued.
And since you quoted my post you'd see that he was taken off 3 times, not all the time. Nor 5 times like you said in other thread. So please stop bending the numbers.

JamDav1982

I do. It's a realistic conclusion based on Neymar's playing time before and after Sociedad. And the turmoil that ensued.
And since you quoted my post you'd see that he was taken off 3 times, not all the time. Nor 5 times like you said in other thread. So please stop bending the numbers.

Depor (a)
Levante (h)
Elche (h)
Atletico (a)
Man City (a)

No bending numbers involved.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I was actually counting after Atleti matches so it's 4, my bad.
Numbers aside, do you really think Neymar is playing same minutes as before Sociedad?

Also, he started every match except Elche in Copa when we played B team anyway. So taking him off was just part of my theory.

JamDav1982

No he has been subbed 5 times since the first Atleti game, as I said.

DrPepper

Luis Enrique has done a lot of things right recently, but after Madrid's draw yesterday, I can only say that we really need to stop losing easy matches at home. It's basically impossible for a team like Celta or Malaga to go to the Camp Nou and actually win. Maybe a 0-0 where we waste lots of chances can happen, but actually losing should never happen. There are 4 teams with a better home record than us atm.

Also there is a clear difference in mentality between us and Madrid when trailing. They did everything in the last 10 minutes yesterday to get the win, had many good chances and even missed an empty net once. There was a clear desire to win, while we created nothing or very little in the Malaga and Celta matches. It's obviously a situation that rarely happens but Enrique needs to have a plan for that.

We have been so much better than Madrid recently and yet still trail them. Even winning the Clasico might not be enough, considering we have tough away matches against Atletico and Sevilla.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Celta away and Espanyol will be tough as well. Pericos will give everything they have as per usual against Barca. And everyone here already seems to count points from el Clasico.
I'd say the title chances are 65-35 in Madrid favor.

L

linetty

Even winning the Clasico might not be enough, considering we have tough away matches against Atletico and Sevilla.
They basically have alike fixture left and the Clasico is being played at the Nou Camp. We have Vallecano and Eibar up next and RM has Bilbao at the San Mames and Levante. We might as well be going into Clasico as leaders.

B_C0iyMWwAIOQQv.png

DrPepper

Madrid could draw/lose at Sevilla, but so could we. Bilbao are always tough to play but you'd still expect Madrid to beat them, considering they're not in form atm. We beat them 5-2, Atletico beat them 4-1.

Basically we have 3 games where we could potentially lose points (Real, Sevilla, Atletico) while Real only have 2 of them (us and Sevilla).

I remain optimistic but our situation could be soo much more comfortable with those 2 easy home wins.

L

linetty

Lucho seems to be exactly the same.
Quite early to say, isn't it? He lost points some in pretty winnable games, especially at Camp Nou, where we just can't afford to lose to Malaga! We gained 1 point in 2 games against Malaga, that's a major fallacy.

If Lucho actually turns out a choker, it'll be a case of who's the bigger one. I cannot wait for the Clasico honestly.

blaugrana1987

Congrats Lucho! Good job getting to finals it must be said. Last two months of the season and we look rested and good in all competition.

Home of Barca Fans