Martin Braithwaite

feggydinho

Makes me wondering how much was Braithwaite paid at 29 years of age by Leganes.

Sources online say he was earning 6m gross at Leganes, and just maintained that salary here. If that's the case, I don't see any cause for alarm. You can't expect him to come here and take a pay cut, especially when you look at the situation surrounding how we got him.

serghei

Sources online say he was earning 6m gross at Leganes, and just maintained that salary here. If that's the case, I don't see any cause for alarm. You can't expect him to come here and take a pay cut, especially when you look at the situation surrounding how we got him.

Must be some mistake. I highly doubt that Leganes paid him 6m a year.

feggydinho

Must be some mistake. I highly doubt that Leganes paid him 6m a year.

The source says Barca pays him 6m gross and says he was paid 6m gross by Leganes. Another source says he was earning 2m gross at Middlesbrough, and he left Middlesbrough for Leganes, so it's likely he went for a higher salary even though it wasn't up to 6m. Looks like he's good at negotiating good salary (can't blame him for that).

MTL_Barca

18M fee and 6M salary for a bum are always alarming, no matter the circumstances.

Have a hard time seeing Leganes pay that much but it doesn't matter, Braithwaite was a terrible transfer either way. Embarrassing panic buy, should've just used some kid from Barca B instead of using that la liga rule.

Peak Bartomeu stupidity.

jamrock

Captology's numbers are 98% wrong, but the numbers are good for a thought experiment.

Khaled's opinion is the correct one.

He was probably making around 1.5 before he came to us, bartomeu did what bartomeu does and in all Likelihood doubled his salary.

Now is the issues is, no one in their right mind in Europe will pay him that outside the EPL and he isn't wanted their.

So being the business man he is, is doesn't want to leave millions on the table to go somewhere else if we are to terminate his contract.

All parties have a valid point.

Best hope is a newly promoted team problem the epl goes for him towards the end of the transfer window.

khaled_a_d

The source says Barca pays him 6m gross and says he was paid 6m gross by Leganes. Another source says he was earning 2m gross at Middlesbrough, and he left Middlesbrough for Leganes, so it's likely he went for a higher salary even though it wasn't up to 6m. Looks like he's good at negotiating good salary (can't blame him for that).

Can you provide that source?
Also, same site has Leganes current annual payroll as a whole at €7,880,000. Tough to imagine that few years ago they were paying 1 player 6M
https://www.capology.com/club/leganes/salaries/

feggydinho

Can you provide that source?
Also, same site has Leganes current annual payroll as a whole at €7,880,000. Tough to imagine that few years ago they were paying 1 player 6M
https://www.capology.com/club/leganes/salaries/

This is the source (https://www.capology.com/club/leganes/salaries/2019-2020/). He was also their biggest player when we bought him and you never know their exact salary, cause most are assumptions and people chose to believe whatever they want to. So take salary news with a pinch of salt

JohnN

I liked braithgoat for his attitude and the lolz while we were purely a meme club the last seasons, but we have to get rid of everyone who are on his level if we ever wanna be on top again.

feggydinho

I liked braithgoat for his attitude and the lolz while we were purely a meme club the last seasons, but we have to get rid of everyone who are on his level if we ever wanna be on top again.

I don't think he has issues with leaving, we just need to pay him a termination fee cause he has a 2-year contract with us and can legally demand that.

Yannik

I mean Braithwaite isn't gonna lower his legally agreed wage in order to help out the club (that wants him gone) sign new players. It also doesn't look like shaming him into it will make him change his mind.
The man is 31 and will never again in his life earn this much per year of which he has 2 more left, of course he'll keep insisting to be paid what was agreed on.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans