Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulinat

The Griezmann deal can still be blocked. Griezmann and Neymar are both snakes but tbh i'd much rather get Neymar over Griezmann.

Andrew M

You can level many things at Barto and his cronies, but the one thing they are actually good at is the fiscal side of things. There is no reason to believe they would put the club in financial peril.

I'm not saying having Griezmann and Neymar is the best sporting idea, but if that is their idea it means they can make the numbers work. However, i'm still very skeptical we are in for Neymar.

Devils

We can't sit here and pretend like the salaries and transfer fees of Neymar and Griezmann wouldn't send the club into financial chaos.

We are already near the limit by FFP salary regulations.

Impossible they not break that scale unless they offload a few of the top earners at the club.

Arizona Scott

No I disagree. Obviously some luck, as with every body who wins the CL, but they put in some terrific away CL performances that we can only dream of. I remember one season they beat Napoli 3-1 at the Bernabeu and in the 2nd leg they conceded an early goal. If that was us we would have absolutely collapsed, whereas Madrid scored from two corners I believe. We need to recover the ability to score goals away from home. It is absolutely essential.

Didn't we put of 4 goals on the CL runner up in London this past year? We put up goals @Real and @Atletico too in other high intensity matches.

Our ugly exits have less to do with not scoring on the road, and more to do being able to run roughshot over, losing control, and getting threat after threat on our own net. 3-4 total goals should win a CL tie every time if you play organizationally and defensively sound football.

hulinat

We can't sit here and pretend like the salaries and transfer fees of Neymar and Griezmann wouldn't send the club into financial chaos.

We are already near the limit by FFP salary regulations.

Impossible they not break that scale unless they offload a few of the top earners at the club.

Why do you think we'd buy both of them when we haven't even signed one? lol

It's either Griezmann or Neymar.

Arizona Scott

Having PC, 2/3 vet medifielders, and Malcom move on frees a lot of salary. Ideally loan Dembele too if both Neymar & Griezzman come. I think we can do it--Phil and Dembele have huge salaries and those others have big salaries (90-180K week).

Judoman

There's some truth in this, sure. At the same time however, you could make the claim that only the worst kind of fan, the pettiest, would allow their pride to prevent them from acknowledging what's best for the club. Is that the case here? Honestly I don't know. Would Neymar improve Barcelona? Of course he would. He's the second best player in the world despite the desperate attempts of those on here who would depict him as finished. Certainly in a vacuum I'd trade Coutinho and Dembele for him in a heartbeat. That's not the issue. The issue is, and put to the side one minute your pride and macho posturing, whether he's worth the exhorbitant cost and effort considering he's two years older now with a worrying injury record and bad habits in terms of playing the game more as a succesion of 1 v 1s rather than 11 v 11.

It's tough. It is. Personally I'd say yes. Just. But then again I would never claim to be as invested in Barca as some on here. I simply want them to be as good as they can be and to hell with politics and personal grievances. And for me that means Neymar. Who, if not quite as exciting as he can be infuriating, is pretty damn close.

Please....

It s not about pride, if anything it s about self respect AND what is best for the team.
Neyboy maybe is 2nd best player on the planet (when healthy), but it s far from certain he would make this team better. Not only that he brings another huge financial burden he also bring his mentality, his ego, his need for attention, his party life stile, his entourage and his broken body. All this for huge amount of money. Money that would be more wisely spent on rebuilding this team for the future, for post-Messi period.

He is huge risk on multiple levels speaking objectively, not as someone who is annoyed by his behavior. Every year there is some sort of drama with him and this says a lot about his stability as a person. People don t change. He will not magically become a solid professional, a role model to the next gen. It won t happen. More likely he will go down fast, like many of his countrymen in the past.

If it s true, that there are few players in the team who are lobbying for his return, i would rather support selling them, than getting Neyboy back. I would rather handle season or two of rebuilding than another season of BS.

Andrew M

Didn't we put of 4 goals on the CL runner up in London this past year? We put up goals @Real and @Atletico too in other high intensity matches.

Our ugly exits have less to do with not scoring on the road, and more to do being able to run roughshot over, losing control, and getting threat after threat on our own net. 3-4 total goals should win a CL tie every time if you play organizationally and defensively sound football.

I mean in knockout rounds. We have scored just 2 away goals in the last 3 years in knockouts. During Real Madrid's triple CL win they scored 15 away goals in R16, quarters, and semis. Liverpool in this season alone scored 7 away goals in knockout rounds. When we won in 2015 we also scored 7 away goals. Away goals is a crucial factor in the CL. Our attack is too poor. We don't scare teams on the road, which means they can dominate us.

Last edited:

abbbs97

Catradio are reliable. If this is true, we should expect a lot of exits this summer. I just hope Dembele isnt one of them.
Suarez must be shitting his pants reading this news :lol:

Ritchie

Or Messi simply doesnt want to play with Griezmann for obvious reasons (positionally). Or the media has no clue at all. Anyhow, we will see how things turn out early July. We wont buy both.

Like he won't play with Icardi or Dybala, forcing Argentina to pick a bunch of misfits.

Zidane82

Sooo it’s being suggested that Neymar, has has told his former Barça colleagues to ‘stay calm, I’m coming’.

That’s the message he sent to the WhatsApp group he shares with Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez – who all still have an extremely close relationship following their time together in the Catalan capital.

hulinat

Sooo it’s being suggested that Neymar, has has told his former Barça colleagues to ‘stay calm, I’m coming’.

That’s the message he sent to the WhatsApp group he shares with Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez – who all still have an extremely close relationship following their time together in the Catalan capital.

so who is the snitch leaking shit here? Suarez or Neymar? Maybe Messi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans