Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Messi didn't press at the WC.
'top performances' are only in the heads of his always deluded fanboys.
Truth is his teammates carried him who pressed and run for him, and the other truth is that NT level is several tiers in quality below club level.

It hurts you, but Messi and Neymar are currently equal deadweights for a modern pressing team

:lol: Messi was carried at THIS WC by Argentina teammates? After contributing to 10 (G+A) of their 14-15 goals?

Utterly deluded.

Protip: You should learn to reconsider your opinions based on data. This much deliberate stubbornness and I doubt you find any sort of employment beyond that graduate student fantasy/simulation world.

EDIT: Regarding NT being "several tiers" (lmao) below club level, I doubt France with its collection of talent from top clubs (starters at PSG, Bayern, United, RM etc.) would get destroyed by Bayern 5-0 or whatever "several tiers" implies. Definitely worse cohesion at NT level but in many cases, superior talent as well. But of course, continue with these "several tiers" exaggerations, ya bum :lol:

Last edited:

soul24rage

Truth is his teammates carried him who pressed and run for him, and the other truth is that NT level is several tiers in quality below club level.

It hurts you, but Messi and Neymar are currently equal deadweights for a modern pressing team

He obviously doesn't press 90 minutes but he does stay focused on one defender when the opponents are building up play from the back during the WC.

His teammates press and run for him because they know that Messi can produce a moment of magic to win the tournament and they mention several times in interviews that they would make that sacrifice for him.

Agreed that NT quality level is below that of club level, but I would say the mental pressure in NT is a lot bigger and heavier than that of club level.

fergus90

Argentina NT was set up perfectly for getting the best out of modern day Messi, get the workhorses around him and allow him to do his thing on the ball. He is now a moments player which is understandable as he's a few months off 36 but there are still flashes of top quality.

Perfect for a format like the WC.

PSG is very much Kylian's team though so he is also excused from pressing. They are still deadly in attack at times, but it's keeping the opposition out which is their problem. Some games they just look plain bad.

vegitot

Aye
Screenshot-20230206-221716.jpg

vegitot

From 2017 till now, Salah has acomplished much more than him. I can't believe he never finish the whole season for PSG.

Birdy

EDIT: Regarding NT being "several tiers" (lmao) below club level, I doubt France with its collection of talent from top clubs (starters at PSG, Bayern, United, RM etc.) would get destroyed by Bayern 5-0 or whatever "several tiers" implies. Definitely worse cohesion at NT level but in many cases, superior talent as well. But of course, continue with these "several tiers" exaggerations, ya bum :lol:

Several tiers!
France would get destroyed big time by any top-8 European club, despite having better squad individually than them.
You are so butthurt from the truth that you make up ridiculous claims

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People who always yell about "the truth" are so cringe. Being the loudest person doesn't make you right......

topt

You're such a rabid Barca hater that you don't acknowledge that the team to pioneer pressing and collective defense was Guardiola's Barca :lol:

Btw, Messi just had a series of top performances at the WC. And actually won the trophy. How is that a useless player, in the same vein as a Neymar who has not performed v a top team in literally years? :lol:

oh come on man; what is "gegenpress" in spanish ?
Messi it totally useless at highest level, wouldnt want him anywhere near my team; the quality of NT teams is on paar with second bundesliga.

KingLeo10

oh come on man; what is "gegenpress" in spanish ?
Messi it totally useless at highest level, wouldnt want him anywhere near my team; the quality of NT teams is on paar with second bundesliga.

That's why your team with all of their huff and puff, pressing/"gegenpressing" merchants won less CLs than Messi did in his career over the same time span :clown: :clown:

Bonus: So the World Cup KOs are Bundesliga tier 2 quality? LMAO. This retard :lol:

Last edited:

topt

what the hell has Messi success have to do with invention of pressing....
I stand by what I said regarding quality of NT, current Messi winning anything at that level just confirms that

KingLeo10

I stand by what I said regarding quality of NT, current Messi winning anything at that level just confirms that

:lol: :lol:

A WC final played with starters and stars from RM, PSG, Bayern, United etc is same level as Bundesliga 2. No one on any English speaking/global forum can even name a Bundesliga 2 team

Come on, man. Either you're a no good troll or you're a retard with takes like these

Now, with regards to pressing, Guardiola's Barca was one of the first modern teams to employ it consistently at the highest level. Older, less modern iterations of it also include teams like Sacchi's Milan, or Van Gaal's Ajax or other great Ajax sides

Klopp has his own variant to it, and he coaches it well, but he didn't invent it.

Last edited:

topt

:lol: :lol:

A WC final played with starters and stars from RM, PSG, Bayern, United etc is same level as Bundesliga 2. No one on any English speaking/global forum can even name a Bundesliga 2 team

Come on, man. Either you're a no good troll or you're a retard with takes like these

Now, with regards to pressing, Guardiola's Barca was one of the first modern teams to employ it consistently at the highest level. Older, less modern iterations of it also include teams like Sacchi's Milan, or Van Gaal's Ajax or other great Ajax sides

Klopp has his own variant to it, and he coaches it well, but he didn't invent it.

only quality players dont make a team; a team like Hamburg SV would be favorites against Argentina for me

KingLeo10

only quality players dont make a team; a team like Hamburg SV would be favorites against Argentina for me

Only quality players don't make a team but a team consisting of players who start for the top clubs in the world >>> a tier 2 Bundesliga team. When the difference in player quality is so vast, no amount of tactics or huff and puff pressing will cover the quality gap.

Keep embarrassing yourself though. This is currently the worst take on the forum :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans