Penal Madrid

jamrock

no doubt he is a better coach just that he doesn't bring anything new, everyone pretty much knows what Carlo is about

Richard.H

Ancelotti has been coaching for nearly 20 years and has won 3 leagues, they got him for his Champions League record because he is the only person around who has won a Champions League in the last twenty years which they haven't shitted on, sacked or has managed Barcelona.

Its a step down from Mourinho, of course we all hate him but he is a much better coach than Ancelotti in nearly every sense.

I have to agree with this. Mourinho didn't fit in with RM because he couldn't get everyone in the squad motivated and put them in the "us versus them" mentality. Mourinho is arguably the best coach in the game right now. 2012 was their year, when they won the league and were a Ramos penalty kick away from reaching the CL finals. IMO they could've won the CL.

Ancelotti has a difficult time balancing the focus of the squad between the league and the CL. I expect another easy league triumph for us if nothing goes wrong (no major injuries, staff crisis, etc.).

The CL is of course always tough. I can't quite say if RM with Ancelotti will be any different than they were with Mourinho in CL.

SEvolution

1016183_670600332954769_687431781_n.jpg

mixer

Ancelotti (coach Real Madrid): "Barcelona are the most competitive team in Spain now, but I'm convinced we'll be better than them."

A man can dream.

I

instinct

Ancelotti (coach Real Madrid): "Barcelona are the most competitive team in Spain now, but I'm convinced we'll be better than them."

A man can dream.

Why is it so unrealistic? They have a great defence with Ramos, Varane and Marcelo. A great midfield with Xabi, Özil, Modric, Ronaldo and Di Maria and an awesome attack with Benzema and probably Suarez or Cavani. Further they are about to sign Isco.

They are an huge opponent next season and we lost 2 times against them this season. So the ''dream'' you are talking about is not so unrealistic as some of you might think.

mixer

Why is it so unrealistic? They have a great defence with Ramos, Varane and Marcelo. A great midfield with Xabi, Özil, Modric, Ronaldo and Di Maria and an awesome attack with Benzema and probably Suarez or Cavani. Further they are about to sign Isco.

They are an huge opponent next season and we lost 2 times against them this season. So the ''dream'' you are talking about is not so unrealistic as some of you might think.

Yeah, yeah, I was only joking. Personally I think they're better already :lol:

Stric

I don't know about you guys, but I fear Ancelotti's RM more than Mourinho's. Hell, we barely got past his PSG. The guy knows what he's doing.

jamrock

why do people keep saying we barely got pass psg we were better than psg in the first leg and the opposite in the second

Stric

why do people keep saying we barely got pass psg we were better than psg in the first leg and the opposite in the second

We advanced on the basis of two draws. Barca ought to do a bit better, no?

I know the refereeing was horrible in the first one, but still, PSG gave us a hard time in both games and we were very close to exiting against them.

Ursegor

World Champion
We stand no chance. With Carlito Real Madrid will be unbeatable. Better give up now before it's too late. I'll settle for second place trophy and maybe a Supercopa and call it a successful season.

ebc_99

Ancelotti is a great coach but hasn't won that many league titles, 3 in nearly 20 years and he has been at big clubs like Juve, Milan, Chelsea and PSG so I am not worried about La Liga to be honest.

The Champions league will be their main target and I think he has a better chance to take it than Mou had, so I am worried about that a little but at least if it happens it won't be with Jose who does it.

Having said that I still think we will be stronger than them this season

Home of Barca Fans