Penal Madrid

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Madrid look classy and fluid, great technical play from them and it's amazing to have dignified rivals again instead of Mourinho's scum. La liga will be interesting this season, I can't make a solid prediction on who'll win it.

As for football throughout Europe: Bayern, City, Barca, Madrid, and Dortmund are all looking like heavyweights this season with more teams to start shining as the year goes on. 13/14 looks like it'll be a great year for football and a start of a new generation with young stars emerging in big teams. Regarding the CL, may the best team win and hopefully there'll be some beautiful football played by all teams.

Babylonian

Ozil was so sexy on that counter, so calm from Morata too

Madrid look pretty balling this season, but can they stand up to Messi and Neymar?

They can if they go buckwild as a unit.. Messis used to the rough treatment, Neymar will be flying all over the place.. Give him a season or two to get the flow and build some muscle..

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Cristiano Ronaldo on Mourinho: "I care about my teammates. I don't care about other people"

Cold words :lol: Mou must feel like he just got a colonoscopy

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barca should use that puppy they're about to waste overpaying for Luiz and try to poach that kid Morata. He's the real deal.

I hate to say it, but Madrid look very good. At this point I have to hope that all those players they have, plus Bale, maybe create a dysfunctional team with a bunch of unhappy players, because right now I don't think the current Barca can beat Madrid.

At this point the only foreseeable problem is all the players. Where does Alonso fit? Where does Kaka fit? Where does Illara fit? What about Casillas vs Lopez? What about Caravajal vs Arbeloa? Nacho, Casemiro, Benzema, Di Maria? Lots of players expecting to play and only very few spots.

Babylonian

Barca should use that puppy they're about to waste overpaying for Luiz and try to poach that kid Morata. He's the real deal.

I hate to say it, but Madrid look very good. At this point I have to hope that all those players they have, plus Bale, maybe create a dysfunctional team with a bunch of unhappy players, because right now I don't think the current Barca can beat Madrid.

At this point the only foreseeable problem is all the players. Where does Alonso fit? Where does Kaka fit? Where does Illara fit? What about Casillas vs Lopez? What about Caravajal vs Arbeloa? Nacho, Casemiro, Benzema, Di Maria? Lots of players expecting to play and only very few spots.

Kinda like bayern they can field 2 complete teams that could compete in the CL.. nothing wrong with that..

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Kinda like bayern they can field 2 complete teams that could compete in the CL.. nothing wrong with that..

Not quite like Bayern. Madrid buy most of their players, and buy them expensively. That creates more problems. Also you have the Madrid media creating trouble, to go along with the spanish players vs the players from other countries, deal they seem to have going on.

Main problem I see obviously is the unnecessary, expensive and potentially team disturbing purchase of Bale. Also you got the Xabi Alonso and Illaramendi issue.

Right now the best Madrid is with a double pivot of Khedira and Modric. That means Alonso to the bench, and Illara who they just bought for no less than 30M to the bench also. Then you have the Pepe/Verane issue that's a carryover from Mourinho.

Might be ok now because players are injured, but when they're all fit and the team maybe hits a rough patch, things might get troublesome.

footyfan

Calma, calma
13/14 looks like it'll be a great year for football and a start of a new generation with young stars emerging in big teams. Regarding the CL, may the best team win and hopefully there'll be some beautiful football played by all teams.

11/12 was one of the best seasons in recent memory

Gohan

Super Saiyan

Ronaldo's movement/positioning for the second goal is impressive.
Also nice free kick.. Real look good this year

misterplatin

I think 12/13 was the most competitive CL I have watched in last 10 years specially the knockout round . So many good matches and no teams like APOEL reached KO rounds this year .From final 8 onwards each team was going into the matches to dominate and win .Very strong Bayern ,strong Madrid and Juve ,super Dortmund ,a very motivated Manchester United ,Barca was still very good, PSG had lot of top talent .Malaga,Galatasaray and Shakhtar also showed lot of spirit .

El Gato

Villarato!
Iker would never betray Madrid. If you ever get some proof, be sure to post it here. I'll be the first to eat a humble pie.

Don't give me that "legend" card. He even moaned in his biography on how dare the coaches drop him in 2002 when he was clearly an inferior player. It's clear as day the captain has the ego.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I think 12/13 was the most competitive CL I have watched in last 10 years specially the knockout round . So many good matches and no teams like APOEL reached KO rounds this year .From final 8 onwards each team was going into the matches to dominate and win .Very strong Bayern ,strong Madrid and Juve ,super Dortmund ,a very motivated Manchester United ,Barca was still very good, PSG had lot of top talent .Malaga,Galatasaray and Shakhtar also showed lot of spirit .

This much is true.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Don't give me that "legend" card. He even moaned in his biography on how dare the coaches drop him in 2002 when he was clearly an inferior player. It's clear as day the captain has the ego.

He does. So does every captain and star player.

Home of Barca Fans