Penal Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah of course. Just saying playing the card of "Iker would never do this to Madrid" is as meaningless as anything else. He's such a figure for Spanish football and he's so stupidly sincere that media manipulate him way too often when he himself doesn't agree with some decisions being made. If he didn't mole out the info, like some other players did for sure, there wouldn't be as much uproar around him. He's not San Iker off the pitch, definitely. Not when he dines and hangs out with people who put out shit stories about the club on a daily basis.

coco1247

Banned
I'm sincerely sorry I don't buy into all the bullshit the media or whoever put out about Iker. If you're gonna make assumptions, provide proof. I make my assessments on what I see on the pitch and what I hear in interviews.
Time will tell if he's the mole, but so far I am willing to believe him because he IS a legend and deserves respect. He has done nothing wrong, acted as a gentleman in this entire Mou saga, and I will not doubt him. I know he's not perfect, I do not expect that. Call it blind trust if you will, I don't care, but unless I get some proper proof, I'm afraid all those rumors are just that - rumors.

As for the game, I'm very pleased. It's very exciting to be a RM fan right now and I'm enjoying this new look a lot.
I think we'll do well against Barca, we've got the goalie, the defenders, now finally a proper MF and hopefully a functioning attack (without Bale - I know it's said to be a done deal, but I hope it doesn't go through).

Faceless

No more faces at night
I think 12/13 was the most competitive CL I have watched in last 10 years specially the knockout round . So many good matches and no teams like APOEL reached KO rounds this year .From final 8 onwards each team was going into the matches to dominate and win .Very strong Bayern ,strong Madrid and Juve ,super Dortmund ,a very motivated Manchester United ,Barca was still very good, PSG had lot of top talent .Malaga,Galatasaray and Shakhtar also showed lot of spirit .

Yeah, if that CL is that competitive, what about this season's CL? I got a feeling both Madrid and Barca will have a hard time this season..

Meitux

Wasn't able to watch the game but i saw some highlights,great free kick it was from Ronaldo.But i have to say,Ramos and Pepe and Arbeloa looked like idiots when Ramires got past them.

Last edited:

Meitux

Yeah :facepalm1: Embarrassing really. Varane is sorely needed.
What did you guys think of Carvajal?
He can't be worse than Arbeloa tbh,and from the moment he was one of the best right backs in Germany last season he deserve to be over the below average Arbeloa,it would a shame him blocking Carvajal's developement.I wonder why would Ancelotti give him a regular spot..

Last edited:

coco1247

Banned
Montoya>Carvajal>>>Arbeloa.:party1:
Doesn't mean much to me, since I don't watch Barcelona B and Montoya won't get a sniff at first team. I only know him from this year's U21 Euros and I haven't noticed anything special. But I'm glad he's considered better than Arbeloa by you guys. I guess it's not that hard to see that. If only Carlo were reading these threads...

Meitux

There isn't really any fair comparison at the moment,Carvajal had a full season as a starter,Montoya showed good things whenever he played.I can only compare them when Montoya has a full regular season too.Im not saying Montoya is worse but we can only judge him whenever he does so.

coco1247

Banned
Barca B ? Montoya wasn't in Barca B since 2011/2012. He played a few Classicos and even hit the crossbar in the last year October match -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC6G4N1kX40
Sorry, my bad. I literally know nothing about Barca's B team :D Thing is, he hasn't played a lot for Barca so that's why I can't judge them. I only watch Barca when they play against good teams like Madrid. If he did play, he must have been very quiet because I only remember Alves.

Beast

The Observer
Not quite like Bayern. Madrid buy most of their players, and buy them expensively. That creates more problems. Also you have the Madrid media creating trouble, to go along with the spanish players vs the players from other countries, deal they seem to have going on.

Main problem I see obviously is the unnecessary, expensive and potentially team disturbing purchase of Bale. Also you got the Xabi Alonso and Illaramendi issue.

Right now the best Madrid is with a double pivot of Khedira and Modric. That means Alonso to the bench, and Illara who they just bought for no less than 30M to the bench also. Then you have the Pepe/Verane issue that's a carryover from Mourinho.

Might be ok now because players are injured, but when they're all fit and the team maybe hits a rough patch, things might get troublesome.

Xabi wants to return next year to Sociedad where he will retire in his hometown and the club that made him.. that's why Illarra was bought to gradually take over from Xabi for a smooth transition , in short he is Xabi replacement
Varane is a starter that was established last year...Pepe is his sub ditto is Nacho both are CB subs
the victim for the midfield position will be Khedria who will be replaced by Illarra or Modric , Kaka no one is expecting anything from him he is where he should be on the bench if he is sold or released so be it..

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm sincerely sorry I don't buy into all the bullshit the media or whoever put out about Iker. If you're gonna make assumptions, provide proof. I make my assessments on what I see on the pitch and what I hear in interviews.
Time will tell if he's the mole, but so far I am willing to believe him because he IS a legend and deserves respect. He has done nothing wrong, acted as a gentleman in this entire Mou saga, and I will not doubt him. I know he's not perfect, I do not expect that. Call it blind trust if you will, I don't care, but unless I get some proper proof, I'm afraid all those rumors are just that - rumors.

What proof do you need? He said himself he dines with journalists in an interview for Onda Cero before the Confederations Cup and he doesn't deny many friendships he has with the likes of Fernando Burgos, Santi Segurola, that fat woman from Punto Pelota and many others who constantly shat on RM coaches when the results were not up to par or when Mourinho said or did something controversial. What do you think they talk about when they have dinners? Colour of his socks? That's why press keep contacts with guys like him and then put out the worst articles and drama in Europe when it comes to press.

He has all of my respect for showing up on so many occasions and never once considering leaving, but he's just another man as well. You can't just show up and go "he deserves respect" because he once was great. Last 2-3 years it was so clear he got average and showed up almost for Barca only. That's why he gets away with less stuff. First half of last season was his worst since he was an up-and-comer and he was to blame for many goals.

Home of Barca Fans