Penal Madrid

Yannick03

Dude seems like you're preaching some theoretical nonsense. Yes surely it's true that all these lads get a 150k paycheck regularly. But if you call for professionalism than please do so for Mourinho as well. Just think about his scumbag performance as a coach, his press talks, his constant moaning and wining which hurts the team and Madrid's brand as well. Mou is not always acting in favor of his own team, that is for sure.

I believe his arrogance and the whole scumbagshit work in favour of his team when things are going well. But Mou doesn't know how to behave when things are going bad, that is why I believe his decision to drop Casillas from the team is a desperate measure to regain control over his squad. His scumbagness doesn't work when things aren't going their way. A good coach is someone who does things great in good and bad times, I think Mou only makes things worse when it is already bad.

Banana-Rama

Dude seems like you're preaching some theoretical nonsense. Yes surely it's true that all these lads get a 150k paycheck regularly. But if you call for professionalism than please do so for Mourinho as well. Just think about his scumbag performance as a coach, his press talks, his constant moaning and wining which hurts the team and Madrid's brand as well. Mou is not always acting in favor of his own team, that is for sure.

surely it is the size of mourinho's personality and will that played a big part in madrid taking the title last season, he turned madrid from a team that were scared shitless of barca into a team that can go to the nou camp and take the game to barca with a good chance of winning, what is mourinho doing so drastically different this season from last that has led to the downturn in fortunes, the players have clearly let there level drop this season, the majority of blame has to be on the players, wait and see what will happen when mourinho leaves madrid, they will go through a string of short term managers while barca dominate..................

Yannick03

nah these drama's and soap opera's seem to be a spanish thing, particularly with Real Madrid, this kind of stuff just doesn't happen at United, if a player gets too big for his boots, like Beckham, he gets sold and the club moves on, a player being dropped would never result in United fans calling for the manager to be sacked, it is an obsurd over-reaction, it just seems like madrid fans love a good soap opera and its fuelled by the media...................

And what about if the Glazers sack Sir Alex ? I would like to see the riots then.

raskolnikov

I believe his arrogance and the whole scumbagshit work in favour of his team when things are going well. But Mou doesn't know how to behave when things are going bad, that is why I believe his decision to drop Casillas from the team is a desperate measure to regain control over his squad. His scumbagness doesn't work when things aren't going their way. A good coach is someone who does things great in good and bad times, I think Mou only makes things worse when it is already bad.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter strategy, it is wrongfully used in a difficult away game which caused it to backfire.

Banana-Rama

And what about if the Glazers sack Sir Alex ? I would like to see the riots then.

Sir Alex will decide when the right time is to go, such is the respect that everyone at the club has for him, if Sir Alex had been at Madrid instead of United he would of been sacked years ago after 1 or 2 unsuccessful seasons.............

Doobs

The Messiah
I think there is a deep-rooted Spanish/Portuguese rivalry/hatred between the two, Mourinho wants total control whereas Casillas doesn't like his behaviour towards the players and his incessant need to hate on other teams especially Barcelona and Bilbao. There is a hug ego clash and there is no doubt Iker is a massively influential figure in the dressing room.

Its divided Madrid and Mourinho knows he's not getting the team back together. He is throwing his last few aggressive punches before his eventual knockout.

xavi_the_Boss

surely it is the size of mourinho's personality and will that played a big part in madrid taking the title last season, he turned madrid from a team that were scared shitless of barca into a team that can go to the nou camp and take the game to barca with a good chance of winning, what is mourinho doing so drastically different this season from last that has led to the downturn in fortunes, the players have clearly let there level drop this season, the majority of blame has to be on the players, wait and see what will happen when mourinho leaves madrid, they will go through a string of short term managers while barca dominate..................

Well it also has to be said that teams approach them not the same way as last season.Not everything has to do with the players.Imo they rely to much on counter attacks.Can´t create much when teams sit back.

JackaL

That's exactly the point. Why just blame the players? If a coach can't get his lads right than a pretty big portion of failure is on his side. Yes he turned Madrid in such a team, but why can't he hold on that same level? It doesn't have anything to do with fortunes, it's his mind games that won't work when things go well. His motivation style is based on his player's and team's complex, he and his success stories are nurtured by them. Barca is outplaying Madrid for years, his players don't have any self confidence, he comes in, repairs them by playing an us vs. the rest of the world game. As soon as they start to win, or get the title, they are burned out... Just that simple. In such a situation, who is to blame?

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
thumb.php

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't agree with you at all, I don't see how Casillas was poor, if anyone should be dropped its Pepe and Ramos for their sub par performances.

It's not news that Casillas' touch is declining. I mean you remember the games vs Villarreal and Malaga last year where he essentially did the same thing and cost team the points with those saveable freekicks going in? He's becoming more and more lazy. His game in air has always been his downside and this season it was no different. Valencia goal, Getafe blunder, even against City and then some more brain farts and inconsistent keeping costing us points early on.

Pepe and Ramos dropped? Yeah. Ramos was already dropped once and came back, and performed. That defense is the only reason why we've conceded so few goals while having to deal with a powerful opposition most of the time. And that's with left backs missing consistently for 4 straight months. Tonight we had to play Essien at the back again as well.

Thing is, the whole team is not performing up to par so why is dropping Iker any different of a tactical decision than dropping the defenders? Neither of them are performing. Putting Iker out there just to count on him having his yearly one-off where he makes clearances off the goal line? You could try. You could either get that or another disappointing subpar performance like almost every other this season. But I understand why he was finally dropped and I don't expect any other coach to try that, especially not with Adan as a backup. You could see it on his face that he was crushed after that third goal, which he could've done a better job trying to avoid.

And going back to these freekicks he allowed in (could push in the first Messi FK in the SuperCup as well, was saveable), the difference between last season and this is that the transition and morale was consistently good. This season it is not and instead of doing his goalkeeper job consistently well he allows 14 goals in 44 shots, which gives us about a goal per 3 shots ratio. Not looking too great when your team is not performing very well and they depend on you to make them stay in the game and not lose it.

+ to be clear, I'm not saying Iker should be to blame for anything. The whole team is bad and offense isn't anywhere near where it was last season, but that is only to say that his benching is not such a shock to me as it seems to be with everyone else.

@down
He IS underperforming, the whole team is. Did no say that for sure is a reason why he got benched. Don't like to make such judgements on managerial matters.

And his "saving ass" can never be taken for granted. At least not when you actually do follow the games and not just shoot off of Bayern/Spain performances.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Why are you acting like Iker is underperforming?
He saved your ass countless times, he would have against Malaga tonight and it would most likely been taken for granted like the other world class saves he made.
There are only 2 reasons why Mourinho could be benching Iker, one is that he wants to get fired for the 20 mil buy out fee, the other is a strategy to regain control over the rebels in the squad so that they are not athreat to his power.

BarcaOG

Banned
anyone who thinks there isn't a relationship between politics and football knows very little about real madrid, barcelona, and spanish football in general

Home of Barca Fans