Penal Madrid

barcanuck

Pepe and Ramos dropped? Yeah. Ramos was already dropped once and came back, and performed.

So can you explain why Ronaldo or Pepe don't get dropped for one game? Ronaldo is missing sitters left and hogging the ball while Pepe is well Pepe. He doesn't do that with his Portugese mates, because he wants those guys at the next club he goes to that's why. He won't be taking Iker and Ramos wherever he goes that's for sure.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Although as a Barca fan, this circus is fun to watch, it's really sad to see what Mourinho is doing to this club. Back in the day, when one said Real Madrid, I would think of a classy, elegant, winning team; the rich Galacticos, talented, arrogant but not to the point of the behavior being dislikable, and ultimately very good footballers. Now I see two factions; the players who try to preserve the old ways, or silently disagree with Mourinho (Casillas, Ramos, Ozil, Kaka) or the thuggish, unsportsmanlike players endorsing Mourinho's attitude (Ronaldo, Pepe, Marcelo to some extent, Xabi Alonso to some extent). It's quite sad to watch, actually.

El Gato

Villarato!
So can you explain why Ronaldo or Pepe don't get dropped for one game? Ronaldo is missing sitters left and hogging the ball while Pepe is well Pepe. He doesn't do that with his Portugese mates, because he wants those guys at the next club he goes to that's why. He won't be taking Iker and Ramos wherever he goes that's for sure.

He dropped Coentrao following his suspension.
Dropping Ronaldo would be stupid given he has twice the amount of goals our second league topscorer has (and he's injured too). And you don't drop the player you lean on defensively, in that case Pepe who is hands down the best defender we have.

But what you say may be the case, not denying it. Thing is, it still doesn't disprove the fact that players who don't perform can be dropped and footballwise there is a reason why Iker's benching is not undeserved.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
And you don't drop the player you lean on defensively, in that case Pepe who is hands down the best defender we have.

IMO, Ramos>Pepe. Not to mention, you certainly lean on Casillas defensively.

xavi_the_Boss

281715_548956115133075_878907565_n.jpg

Maria

I don't buy that politics nonsense, it is clear that Mourinho and Casillas don't really get along, Mourinho has obviously had enough of his attitude, and Mourinho was clearly referring to Adan working harder in training, he didn't mean that Adan is a superior player...............
Then you clearly don't know RM and Barca that well..

surely it is the size of mourinho's personality and will that played a big part in madrid taking the title last season, he turned madrid from a team that were scared shitless of barca into a team that can go to the nou camp and take the game to barca with a good chance of winning, what is mourinho doing so drastically different this season from last that has led to the downturn in fortunes, the players have clearly let there level drop this season, the majority of blame has to be on the players, wait and see what will happen when mourinho leaves madrid, they will go through a string of short term managers while barca dominate..................

So RM won the title thanks to Mou, but are having these poor results because of Casillas and Ramos..then I must say that I finally understand those poor substitutions, poor tactics and the lack of understanding between defence, midfield and atack. And only someone like Ramos could have sold Carvajal and bought Essien.

That's exactly the point. Why just blame the players? If a coach can't get his lads right than a pretty big portion of failure is on his side. Yes he turned Madrid in such a team, but why can't he hold on that same level? It doesn't have anything to do with fortunes, it's his mind games that won't work when things go well. His motivation style is based on his player's and team's complex, he and his success stories are nurtured by them. Barca is outplaying Madrid for years, his players don't have any self confidence, he comes in, repairs them by playing an us vs. the rest of the world game. As soon as they start to win, or get the title, they are burned out... Just that simple. In such a situation, who is to blame?

Exactly, once they won a major title in our detriment, they lost their motivation. Now it's up to Mou to find them a new one(and by the way, I thought that this was Mourinho's biggest strength and that only Pep had a problem when he had to deal with players with a big ego, like Ibra).

Yugi

wolfe amazes me
iker is no raul in this, he still is one of the best gks in the world so there should be no debate about that
Mou wants to destabilize RM and after he is sacked he can have his arguments

JackaL

Well Mou's days are counted. The Spanish fraction at RM is against him and you don't want to mess with them at RM... If you don't have the support of your players, you ultimately have to go somewhen...

Home of Barca Fans