The last time Madrid won the CL.

-Yankees jumped in Afghanistan
-Princess Margaret died
-East Timor regained independence
-Swiss joined UN

10years have passed. Damn!

Viva Galacticos?

Garrus

We were 12th at one point in the league back in 99/00 and we won the CL that year.

Even Guti the Marvel agrees the worse we did in the league, the better we did in the CL.
Even if you tried to replicate all the conditions and every single variable and i mean every god damn thing, There is a chance that you can't replicate the outcome of that year, It's the butterfly effect, The Chaos theory, You can't beat mathematics, So stop deluding yourself, It's not good for your mental health, And it looks very sad :lol:

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Yeah, you might just have the chance to try and catch up with our legacy in the years to come. Given Xavi plays for 5 more years or Cesc transforms into him of course ;)

francisco_franco_1.jpg

Galning

^ This post wins the internet.

So annoying when Madridistas get hyped up about their trophies. La Liga = go figure.
9 CL's = 5 between 1950-55. Congratz.

Richard.H

Cules here are too quick to dismiss RM. They are still a world class team, and are still arguably the 2nd best team in the CL...

P

PhilS

They can knock out any team left in the CL. The really weird thing is that based on this year's form, they could also fall to any team left in the CL. I am unable to understand how a team that has that much talent, that was so good last year, can fail to win so many games this season.

In this sport, the normal thing for a team to do in this type of situation is bring in a new coach.

barcanuck

Yeah this is when teams actually can win the CL. Chelsea was in shambles this time last year, fired their coach and won the CL finishing 6th in EPL.

They will focus on beating United strictly. La Liga is over for them.

Garrus

You all talk as if we hadn't seen real madrid play CL this season, They barely won a laughable Manchester city, And their asses were handed to them by the Germans, None of this will change later on, Because there is no logical reason why it would, Same players, Same manager.

Richard.H

You all talk as if we hadn't seen real madrid play CL this season, They barely won a laughable Manchester city, And their asses were handed to them by the Germans, None of this will change later on, Because there is no logical reason why it would, Same players, Same manager.

It's amazing how people are so quick to forget about Inter. They barely made it to the semifinals against us and got pummeled in the group stages and what happened? we lost. Lots of factors go into the UCL, MAIN ONE BEING LUCK.

B

beautifulgame

They can knock out any team left in the CL. The really weird thing is that based on this year's form, they could also fall to any team left in the CL. I am unable to understand how a team that has that much talent, that was so good last year, can fail to win so many games this season.

In this sport, the normal thing for a team to do in this type of situation is bring in a new coach.

They weren't THAT great. While they were great at defending and exploiting a counter, Mourinho's teams always have the same obvious weakness.

In truth, many coaches have figured out that Mourinho is beatable if you make his teams build an attack rather than gift them excess space to counter.

This has been true for all of Mourinho's teams.

89Norcal

^ This post wins the internet.

So annoying when Madridistas get hyped up about their trophies. La Liga = go figure.
9 CL's = 5 between 1950-55. Congratz.

My favorite is when 15-19 year old fanboys tout those 9 CL trophies. Most of them don't even know when they were won or anything about Spain's politics at the time.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
When they were won is irrelavent, they still have more European Cups then us, and you better not be implying that Madrid's first 5 European Cups had anything to do with Spains politics, i.e. Franco because that is conspiracy theorist bullshit which I frankly tired of Barca "fans" spouting. You do know that during that period when Madrid won their first 5 European Cups Barca were the more successful domestic side right?

Tomchin

When they were won is irrelavent, they still have more European Cups then us, and you better not be implying that Madrid's first 5 European Cups had anything to do with Spains politics, i.e. Franco because that is conspiracy theorist bullshit which I frankly tired of Barca "fans" spouting. You do know that during that period when Madrid won their first 5 European Cups Barca were the more successful domestic side right?
Don t see what s conspiracy bullshit about that.

Without Di Stefano at RM (and with Di stefano at Barca), those 5 first CL-wins could have been very different.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Things aren't black and white. I think Franco's favorite team was Atletico at the time.

Barca screwed up royally with the transfer of Di Stefano. Madrid snatched him from us after he already penned a deal with Barca. Apparently we didn't make things right with River. The entire story is controversial but in the end Barca shot themselves in the foot again for letting him go completely after RFEF ruled he would play 2 seasons for us and 2 seasons for Real.
The rest is history. Di Stefano was Real's best player and scored in each of those 5 consecutive European Cups.

Home of Barca Fans