Penal Madrid

Beast

The Observer
Thanks man but I went to sleep at 7 AM ... watching the team arrive in Madrid & celebrate with the fans i'm battered, still suffering from hangover from two bottles of wine ...
probably will watch the La Decima celebration which is about the start

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Ancelotti takes that honor to be honest
there is so many players that did really well & above expectations , some performed like we never seen them before under Jose , Manuel etc
You take a look at Pepe who was by far the best CB this season not just in Real but in Europe , apart from the skirmish vs Costa in the CDR he was clean this year.. a long way from the thug we know before especially under Jose
Ramos started mediocre but suddenly rose to the occasion in the crucial time end of the season , same for Coentrao from forgotten soon to be loaned or sold to a solid LB preferred over Marcelo in the CL
Carvajal a complete revelation this year for me the best RB in la liga ... did amazing for a debut season , few mistakes but he got better in time
Modric & Di Maria .... sure to be in many people choice for best midfielders... Di Maria has the highest assist in Europe this year the silky dribbler performed better as a CM or LCM than his original winger post... what a season he had & how fast he proved himself as a utility player & Carlo decision was 1000000 % spot on to sell Ozil & keeping him , Modric a maestro amazing season too
Xabi balance the team , he is the mind of the team without him we were overrun
Isco went from Hero to Zero to Hero .. took him time to adapt to his new CM role
Benzema finally understood for what he is , a facilitator who allow Bale & Ronaldo to play their game .. without him or any other selfish striker the amazing attack would have been different hence he didn't get any stick this year even when he didn't score & he still performed better
Ronaldo top scorer in the liga & the CL.. sadly his injury made him a ghost in the final but that doesn't take away his 17 goals in 13 CL match (Record ) & 32 goals in la liga (joined golden shoes with Suarez ) .. he pushed himself & his injuries when it mattered & took a risk in a WC year where others would have played it safe , i can't blame him for the CL final game i blamed Carlo for agreeing to play him where it could have been another Costa case ..
Bale did great in his debut , double digits goals & assists .. took charge of the team when Ronaldo was injured *Bayern , CDR final , CL final * & other games he seems to have a knack of scoring when it really mattered (like Zizou who had the same thing ) considering he did all that without a minute of pre-season & injuries in the first two month.. he did over what we expected
Jese ... the hope , I'd argue we could have done better in la liga if he was fit .. he is the perfect replacement for Bale or CR , a home grown with natural scoring instinct .. architect of Atletico trashing in the semi-final of the copa del rey , scored in all the big games this year including his Clasico debut in Barcelona...

So overall there was no one players as the best this season.. the best player this season was Carlo Ancelotti the modest , calm , professional manager who managed to make a team out of individuals , won 2 out of 3 trophies , won the most coveted trophy we dreamed about for 12 consecutive years & did it in a great attacking fashion scoring 41 goals in 13 games including 5 over the holders , 4 over the Liga winners... It's Carlo flavia

Not this year... maybe next year :pep:

Perez likes to have the achievement contributed to him , that's why Del Bosque was still an outsider a man hired by Sanz , Manuel Pellegrini was Valdano man , while Jose who lasted 3 years was his guy & Carlo was his guy who achieved the dream...

With all said and done, do you think Carlo still has something to prove or something left to achieve? I know you are not saying he was flawless, I mean, he delivered when it mattered (CdR and CL), but there were still two defeats to Barca and a final meltdown in La Liga... Do you consider those as minor flaws, collateral damage, or a means to an end?

Certainly, titles are what define a season and in that regard he is undeniably the winner, so do you think turning a blind eye to those small dirty spots is the right thing to do looking into the future, or are they going to be things you will ask of him to improve?

El Gato

Villarato!
Flavia,
Ancelotti is the one, like Beast said. Him and his coaching staff metamorphosed this team into a unit that is attacking and sacrificing themselves in every manner on the pitch. Every player is important for something.

Iker and Lopez perfectly balanced with their roles and minutes, no bitching or complaining, or media drivel around them and both performed generally well.

Pepe and Ramos growing into the best defensive pair in Europe in the second half of the season. Pepe of course having his best season in RM and then Ramos being a Ballon D'Or defender since April..

Carvajal a revelation. Coentrao brought defensive balance when we really needed it. Arbeloa doing his thing from the bench and in the dressing room bringing everyone together (remember the Jese shirt during Copa celebration?). Nacho being another revelation role player who literally has not had a hands down bad game wherever he played, he's just been a filler that he needed to be, embraced it and gave his canterano heart to the team. Marcelo, although injured and off form through most of the season, provided necessary flair on the left that everyone expected him to do. Varane coming back after injury struggles to play his best game of the year in the CL Final..

Modrić the best playmaker of the season in Europe hands down. Di Maria completely turned into a superb transition player with unparalleled skill on the ball that we so sorely need most of the time. Xabi directing the team all the time when he needed to despite ageing. Illarra, although underwhelming in big games, filled in the holes and should be better next season. Casemiro and Khedira didn't really play a lot, but did their jobs too and haven't had bad games.

Bale, 15-12 if I'm right and while getting many injuries in between, and then he scores arguably two of the most important goals of the season...
Benzema, back to his usual self when under Zidane (look at 11/12 season).
Jese, if it wasn't for injury, another revelation.
Morata, although he's probably gone this year, has filled in the minutes, scored some bench goals and didn't complain about his situation. I think he understands he needs to move to get his career truly going, because he will be trying too hard because of the love he has for the club.

And then lastly, Ronaldo, king of scoring who carried the team in the first half of the season and then despite injuries and lapses of form still managed to score or assist when it mattered.

Can't single anyone out. All were great and can't understate how great this season was given it's Carlo's FIRST YEAR. Wow.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah a case can definitely be made for Atleti being the best team in Europe. However, they only finished 3 points ahead of Madrid in the league (who gave up when it became apparent they wouldn't win) and they lost 5-0 on aggregate to Madrid in the Cup and lost the Champions League final to Madrid 4-1. Madrid also beat the defending CL champions 5-0 on aggregate. Those are some massive results.

Beast

The Observer
With all said and done, do you think Carlo still has something to prove or something left to achieve? I know you are not saying he was flawless, I mean, he delivered when it mattered (CdR and CL), but there were still two defeats to Barca and a final meltdown in La Liga... Do you consider those as minor flaws, collateral damage, or a means to an end?

Certainly, titles are what define a season and in that regard he is undeniably the winner, so do you think turning a blind eye to those small dirty spots is the right thing to do looking into the future, or are they going to be things you will ask of him to improve?

Carlo is not flawless of course in fact he made several mistakes this season ... from my point of view as an example on top of my head
- The clasico first game selection (Ramos DM?!!!)
- took so long trial & error to come with a 4-3-3 formation with a backup 4-4-2 , i remember i was screaming with frustration arguing the players will never be in a stable form when we keep changing it
- taking off Benzema vs Valladolid and bringing Marcelo instead in the last couple of minutes.. once Valladolid equalized it was funny watching Marcelo being the CF :D
... however he was a slow learner overall & that's what i liked.. for example he automatically took off Ramos in the first classico in halftime & we improved greatly in the second half... same happened during our game vs Atletico in the liga away after the CL match... halftime he took out Arbeloa & brought Carvajal & we went from 2-0 to 2-2 ... for example since Atletico beat us 1-0 in the Bernabeu the other 4 games ended 3-0 , 2-0 , 4-1 & 2-2 all for Real favor ... take into consideration Atletico is the best defensive team in la liga & Europe yet we scored 11 goals in 4 games 4 of them in their own stadium .

I have my reservation about the second clasico especially Ramos sent off & the penalty decision (not here to debate history but that's how i see it ) so i'd wait to see him against Barca in the next clasico before arguing his record vs Barca as a given

the meltdown i debated it over twitter with the cules (most of the old crew from here ) ... It was a very risky & bold move.. in one hand you are starting to see the fatigue kicking in in your attacking department (see how many games Ronaldo played in the last month for example ) with no backup (Jese injury ) and whatever you will do (due to previous record vs Atletico & Barca ) it's not in your hand... tie up with Atletico and we all know that Barca would gladly let Atletico win the final game .. and yet you have the game the president & the fans are waiting for in few weeks & you truly need everyone to be ready ... the fans would accept losing la liga but the final of the CL ? sure not as easy

Despite that you look at Atletico CDR games , CL final , Bayern Munich (top candidate for the CL ) two legs , Barca CDR final... you can see how he learned & adapted well eventually & without his top scorer in some cases (missing or unfit )

I think Ronaldo very early injury in the Valladolid game signaled for the management that a choice must be made.. either play all your cards now & risk CR & others missing or start to rest them to be ready ... the gamble worked but also showed that we need some reinforcement this summer
while we got it right in most transfers it's clear for me (at least & from personal point of view ) Illarramendi is a losing bet.. he is simply another Sahin.. couldn't make the switch and when Xabi was out we were screwed & you saw how bad we were in the first half of the CL final ... i mean we were really crap until Isco & Marcelo came it (back to the learning curve & making the correct changes )
Morata despite his talent he clearly lacks the kingmakers trait for a Barcelona or Real spot , mental toughness .. the kid is easily psyched out once you put him on the bench for few games.. the occasion is bigger than him... he would be great in a team like Arsenal or others were pressure is less & he can get regular minutes to develop his clear talent but he isn't Jese who has nerves made of steal & thrive on the occasion & few minutes ..

those are examples at the same time since Del Bosque no Real Madrid manager has given youth team chances like Carlo.. no body.. look at Carvajal , Jese etc I mean put Jose in charge of the CL final & Arbeloa would be playing & Morata will not come for Benzema instead he would have moved CR as a striker & put anyone with experience in his spot or leave Benzema till he collapse ...Carlo put Morata who didn't have a good season on his back in a game where he needed to score a goal in the dying moments instead of the unfit Benzema at the end... that's another plus for Carlo that make him instant hit with die hard Madridistas like me

There is many details & i won't overlook Zidane role as both a role model for the players (look at Benzema two best season where with Zidane involved in the first team ) or with the board because he is Perez prodigal son
There is room for improvement & with a coach giving a chance to the youth players you know he isn't just planning for today like Jose but for the team future... look no further than Ronaldo words (i think we all agree on Ronaldo ego right ? ) after the final & i quote " "It's just amazing, he's a fantastic coach and a fantastic man so he deserves it"... how many times have you heard Ronaldo say that about a manager apart from SAF ? how many people didn't expect Ronaldo to have such a great relation to a player who is bound to steal his limelight? he & Bale act like older brother /younger brother full of praise for each other on all levels...

Congratulations too La Decima too all the RM fans on here.
You won´t defend the title next season though.:pep:
No one was able to defend his title ... but look at the bright side we broke the rule of the team that beats Barcelona win the title :tata1:

Beast

The Observer
Congratulations of course, but I truly believe Atleti were the best team in Europe this season. Oh well.

It's your point of view of course but i believe we did beat Atletico more than any other team convincingly & despite being crap in the first half of the CL final Atletico didn't create any chances except corners till almost the end of the game , beat the strongest team & the no 1 candidate 5-0 aggregate .. i think we did enough to merit it .. but its your right to believe what you want no problems
LOL, you guys even have a song for La Decima!!! :lol: :rofl1:

Hey whatever brings money man :D

aaron101

I was just wondering... if Mou stayed for another season, maybe he could've won the decima for them. He was getting closer and closer to the decima and already figured out Barca until he left.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
montaje-con-cuarto-arbitro-triunfo-las-redes-1400968965634.jpg

Beast

The Observer
I was just wondering... if Mou stayed for another season, maybe he could've won the decima for them. He was getting closer and closer to the decima and already figured out Barca until he left.

We would have lost and with more than a goal if Mourinho was still in charge & probably from Bayern or Dortmund
The difference is clear.. Carlo taught the players what to do with the ball , Jose doesn't have a clue unless you are considerably weaker
If he was in charge ..we would have seen the scenario we saw before.. he'll pull a defender & play an attacker but the team will not know what to do with the ball because Atletico will leave no space for counter attacks as we saw in his last season , no youth player will take a part (Will be Arbeloa not Carvajal ) , Iker who played a big role in reaching the final would have been sold & Diego Lopez who lost 2 of the 3 games he played vs Atletico (compared to Iker 29 games vs Atletico unbeaten -26 wins/3 draws ).. Pepe who was the best Defender this year would have been sold & Ramos probably ended up with a red card... Ozil would have stayed and Di Maria sold
If Benzema was injured he will prefer to play an established player instead of Morata .. & will put Ronaldo as a no 9 instead...

Jose lost the plot in Madrid & he hasn't recovered yet... not being adored by the fans or the players like all the clubs before was too much for him , eventually he wants to be bigger than the club he is coaching & that didn't happen in Real & won't happen... this year he was the same like the last year in Madrid , still shell shocked , won zero trophies for the first time since he came to the scene & had Torres , Eto'o & Ba and a long line of great AM's /Wingers & kept complaining about lack of strikers ... Benitez must have been a genius than
He takes credit for making the players mentally stronger than before but not mentally stable to win the CL , at the end they became mentally stronger than him & he had no place to go within the team .. thankfully we didn't suffer what his teams suffered after he left because Perez made the right choice of picking the right manager to heal the dressing room

They've had more than enough time to prepare, why are you surprised? :lol:

Congratulations Beast, and to the other Real fans. Enjoy it!
Thanks man

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Jose set the foundation, Ancelotti completed the jigsaw. Mourinho got them over the inferiority complex and made them fighters while Ancelotti had the better tactics and man management. If Ancelotti came first you would not have won it.

Home of Barca Fans