Penal Madrid

Leo_Messi

Is this their 3rd or 4th nadaplete in the last 10yrs? I'm not sure about the stat.

4th if I am not wrong. 5th if we include this season. At least they won the European Super Cup against an injury ridden Sevilla team at the beginning of August (their first official game) and the FIFA Clup World Cup against the worst South American Copa Libertadores champions in recent memory.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
6th blank season (no cl, no liga, no copa del rey) starting in 2004-2005

Yep I just checked, 6 nadapletes under Perez's 11years tenure .. I don't know why they're pissed, this season is just routine :lol:

Unbelievable with all the M€ spent, and the media noise after they barely scrapped the win in CL who'd think they won the sextuple, while they were just as mediocre as they always are.

Hopefully they keep Perez :D

@Leo_Messi you mean 2003-2004 surely ?

Ten years (starting in 2004-2005)

Real Madrid:
-6th blank season (no cl, no liga, no copa del rey)
-3rd truly blank season (no club world cup, euro and spanish supercopa)

Barça (assuming we win at least one trophy :D )
-3 blank seasons (no cl, no liga, no copa del rey)
-1 truly blank season (no club world cup, euro and spanishsupercopa

Cristiano won 1 liga, 1 CL and 2 copas in his five years at Real Madrid (assuming we win the league)

Last edited:

1 league title and 1 CL title in the span of 6 seasons since Pérez was reelected in 2009.

After spending over 600 million euros in the process.

You could not make it up.:lol:

Hope they give him a lifetime contract :worthy:

Tbh considering the positions they're in, Dortmund has done much better than them ever since Flo took over :lol:

alittlebitter

it says more about our dominance then it does about madrid's failures. they've fallen short a few times in the league with 90+ points, and they've made it to the CL semi-finals every year since 2010. I imagine they'd be even worse off without all that money spent. we're just really fucking good. sucks for them ;)

footyfan

Calma, calma
It's the same story with Real Madrid in every big game where they need a win. Survive the blitz in the beginning and watch them become worse and worse with every passing minute.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Spoke with my Spanish teacher today, just to rub salt into a fresh wound as he is from the Madrid area, and I just felt sorry for him. He looked devastated and the only name he said was Ronaldo. He was clearly upset about Ronaldo not playing good enough. He also said that Barca is going to win the treble while exhaling deeply.

Also asked him about the Liga strike and he said that he doesn't believe any games will be canceled.

StarLord

It's the same story with Real Madrid in every big game where they need a win. Survive the blitz in the beginning and watch them become worse and worse with every passing minute.

It seems you have found all the magic formulas for defeating all the major teams.

Real Madrid were the better team throughout the game, and could have scored more. Juventus defended well mostly, and of course would get some chances once they got a rather fluky equalizer. Game could have developed very differently, the randomness of 90mns of football is the overriding theme here, not that there is a clear-cut formula for beating RM.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I still can't believe they were unable to score a single goal from open play against Juve yesterday..

StarLord

Hope they give him a lifetime contract :worthy:

Tbh considering the positions they're in, Dortmund has done much better than them ever since Flo took over :lol:

When they were up against us, they were bound to not win a great deal many leagues. It's infinitely easier to win a league when your rivals are Arsenal, Roma, Lazio, Wolfsburg, Leverkuzen, Marseille etc.

Even Atletico managed to pull a super-season out of their ass, and destroyed their league prospects this season as well. Winning La Liga the second toughest thing in club football.

Other than that, you cannot really fault them, they were miles behind us in only one season (Mou's last) and always make at least the CL semis. From there on then, there is a roulette element. Their UEFA coefficient is higher than us or Bayern's. That tells you about their consistency in Europe (and some easy draws to be sure)

And how can you compare Dortmund to Real Madrid? They have only made the semis of the CL once. They won't be in it next season. They won their league (a weaker and easier one than La Liga) only before BM became mighty.

People forget that Real Madrid managed to achieve their primary goal. Winning La Decima.

What makes them look far worse than they are, is simply Barca!

:barcascarf:

StarLord

I still can't believe they were unable to score a single goal from open play against Juve yesterday..

Semi-final vs Chelsea first leg at the Camp Nou in 2009.

Querter-final vs Atletico at the Calderon in 2014.

Not nearly as strange as you think.

Home of Barca Fans