Penal Madrid

Morten

I've learned my lesson to not underestimate Florentino's power soon as the Ballon d'Or voting was re-opened the day CR7 scored a hat trick (And there was a treble winner then too!). Now that Messi's out for close to two months, the vibe has only intensified

Ribery is no Messi, or a Ronaldo for that matter. Its almost different rules for them. Messi has won ballon dor without barely winning anything either in the past as well.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Ribery is no Messi, or a Ronaldo for that matter. Its almost different rules for them. Messi has won ballon dor without barely winning anything either in the past as well.

When?

2009-Sextuple
2010-Liga
2011-UCL/Liga Double, CWC, Spanish Super Cup
2012-91 goal record / CDR / Golden Boot (11/12).

And he didn't win it in 2013, despite having a record setting scoring streak in a record equaling Liga season and winning the golden boot.

Last edited:

Morten

When?

2009-Sextuple
2010-Liga
2011-UCL/Liga Double, CWC, Spanish Super Cup
2012-91 goal record / CDR / Golden Boot (11/12).

And he didn't win it in 2013, despite having a record setting scoring streak in a record equaling Liga season and winning the golden boot.

You can read, right? Its right there.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
On the flip side, cristiano is playing like utter SHIT right now, not even podium worthy lol Messi can sleep on both ears, I know I do :)

raskolnikov

I've learned my lesson to not underestimate Florentino's power soon as the Ballon d'Or voting was re-opened the day CR7 scored a hat trick (And there was a treble winner then too!). Now that Messi's out for close to two months, the vibe has only intensified

The only reason why that happened was because of Blatter's stupid little joke about Ronaldo. He then of course jumped on it saying "now everything becomes so clear to me etc." implying he was always robbed by them rather than being inferior to Messi.
Then every Madrid connected (former)player/coach jumped on the bandwagon ripping the FIFA/Blatter how poor Cristiano depsite all his hard word continues to get robbed.
Thats why Blatter rigged it after the Sweden game, it was damage control for him by re-opening the vote for the first time in history causing Ronaldo to barely scrape by Messi who otherwise would have won.

His other two balon d'ors he has been bailed out by others (Van der Sar/Ramos) in cl finals where he was failing hard. Did he thank them? no just took the opportunity to steal the limelight on both occasions afterwards.

raskolnikov

On the flip side, cristiano is playing like utter SHIT right now, not even podium worthy lol Messi can sleep on both ears, I know I do :)

He is on the podium just on his name alone, he has zero reason to be on it in 2015, not more than Mario gomez in 2012 for example.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Messi has never won the Ballon d'Or without winning any thing! Yes there are different rules compared to Ribery, but they are only applicable to CR7!!

I mean he won it by beating the Germans twice! Both when they shattered every body at the club level and also when they did so in the international arena!

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He is on the podium just on his name alone, he has zero reason to be on it in 2015, not more than Mario gomez in 2012 for example.

I agree, but that's another problem, is that the timing of BO is wrong, it should be at the end of the season, or september at the latest for summers with CopaAmerica/WorldCup, not in the middle of autumn.. so he'll be there for his goal scoring record for the 2014/2015 even though most of it was done in 2014, that's just the way it is.

But I see no reason whatsoever why he would get even close to winning after I saw the scores of UEFA player of the season, like 49 vs 2 it was ? Come on, Messi owned everyone's ass this year/last season, by a looooooooooooooooooong shot, with stellar perfs on the biggest stages of la copa and CL .. cristi can produce all the obnoxious fictional movies about him being the best, he'll just have to suck it up and applaud D10S once again, as it should be :worthy:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The only reason why that happened was because of Blatter's stupid little joke about Ronaldo. He then of course jumped on it saying "now everything becomes so clear to me etc." implying he was always robbed by them rather than being inferior to Messi.
Then every Madrid connected (former)player/coach jumped on the bandwagon ripping the FIFA/Blatter how poor Cristiano depsite all his hard word continues to get robbed.
Thats why Blatter rigged it after the Sweden game, it was damage control for him by re-opening the vote for the first time in history causing Ronaldo to barely scrape by Messi who otherwise would have won.

His other two balon d'ors he has been bailed out by others (Van der Sar/Ramos) in cl finals where he was failing hard. Did he thank them? no just took the opportunity to steal the limelight on both occasions afterwards.

Blatter is a stupid alright... But I don't think he got the cajoles to actually influence the votes! Blatter only got it re-opened, rest was all down to Florentino

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He re-opened because he felt bad about his statement favoring Messi. Remember?

Flo is influential but that was all down to Blatter stupidity.

raskolnikov

I agree, but that's another problem, is that the timing of BO is wrong, it should be at the end of the season, or september at the latest for summers with CopaAmerica/WorldCup, not in the middle of autumn.. so he'll be there for his goal scoring record for the 2014/2015 even though most of it was done in 2014, that's just the way it is.

But I see no reason whatsoever why he would get even close to winning after I saw the scores of UEFA player of the season, like 49 vs 2 it was ? Come on, Messi owned everyone's ass this year/last season, by a looooooooooooooooooong shot, with stellar perfs on the biggest stages of la copa and CL .. cristi can produce all the obnoxious fictional movies about him being the best, he'll just have to suck it up and applaud D10S once again, as it should be :worthy:

Definitely its a lot more easier to name best players of each season than it is for the calendar year.
2014/15: Messi
2013/14: Ronaldo/Neuer
2012/13: Messi/Ribery
2011/12: Iniesta
2010/11: Messi/Xavi
2009/10: Sneijder/Xavi
2008/09: Messi
2007/8: Ronaldo
2006/7: Kaka
2005/6: Henry/Zidane
2004/5: Ronaldinho

etc. etc.

raskolnikov

Blatter is a stupid alright... But I don't think he got the cajoles to actually influence the votes! Blatter only got it re-opened, rest was all down to Florentino

He influenced it by re-opening it, Florentino just made sure everone jumped on the bandwagon when it exploded in the media.
Or to say it in say cr terms, Blatter provided a quality pass which Florentino easilly tapped in an empty net.

Or just to sum it up in pictures how the whole story went:

Ronaldo+is+unimpressed+ronaldo+s+reaction+when+messi+won+the+fifa_47b426_4354920.jpg

818308224.gif

Ronaldo1.gif

EscfVh.gif

RE-OPENING!

celebs-cristiano-r_3163043b.jpg

Beast

The Observer
Not sure all madridistas share the sentiment this time, of course everybody prefers CL, but pressure is on RM to win LaLiga this season more than win the CL, there was a massive flag about this a couple games ago in Bernabeu, and pundits on Chiringuito seemed to agree with that.

CL is awesome, but LaLiga is a marathon/endurance test against the historical rival and best (or 2nd best if you wish) club in the world.

More so in Spain than outside of it, Real Madrid historically associated with the big ears cup... they wouldn't care if they miss la liga for 10 years and got 3 CL instead..
it's a statement of world dominance for us & this won't change ..
yes globally some of the fans would say it's la liga but never in Spain where if you make a poll between the socio's they would always pick the CL
Don't forget some of the fans in the stadium are tourists as well.. it's always been like that for us and won't change anytime soon
when they want La liga they mean get the double (which is a feature we barely made it's always been this or that for us ) ..any pundit who's know the liga inside out will also tell you the same ...Managers are evaluated by how far they reach in the CL not how many liga they won...just ask Capello who delivered a great liga in 2007 and the team played the last 17 games like they were on Speed that didn't stop the club from sacking him
on the contrary is Carlo who came 3rd but won the CL... nobody who knows Real Madrid fans & mentality would say at any given moment it's La liga until we crash out of the competition

Thinking this way there is a likelihood of ending trophy less again.

Not that I'd complain ofc :D

Of course the odds of winning the CL is hard.. but if Rafa deliver it (unlikely because i don't see him surviving that long ) even if he came 3rd it won't matter just like Carlo

Home of Barca Fans