Penal Madrid

Morten

Wut? Did we watch the same game? James, aside from two decent shots on goal, was completely anonymous when he was on the field. Isco was much more of a threat than him. It can probably be attributed to the fact that we sat back in the second half, letting them have more of the ball, but he was still one of the few Madrid players who looked like they gave a damn.

Isco always looks like a threat, but he really isnt, almost never is.

footyfan

Calma, calma
While a lot of the Barca players were amazing, let's not forget that Madrid was absymal, completely absymal. tbh I would attribute Madrid and Barca as equally contributing to this result.

Isco always looks like a threat, but he really isnt, almost never is.

Spot on.

Richard.H

While a lot of the Barca players were amazing, let's not forget that Madrid was absymal, completely absymal. tbh I would attribute Madrid and Barca as equally contributing to this result.

Yeah, they were absolutely terrible. By min. 30 they looked like they completely gave up. Pressuring was pisspoor by them and absolutely no cohesiveness between the mid and attack. For 5 mins in the 2nd half they brought up the intensity but then got tired/stopped caring.

Also, did anyone notice just how big the gap was on the field between Madrid's attack and mid? How would their mids provide any decent pass when BBC is miles away from them.

Trickykid

We won nothing last season, not even close to winning anything. Barca won everything without breaking a sweat. Conclusion, barca were miles better than us last season, its simple.

Is it the tears in your eyes that makes it hard for you to read?

I'll try again, in simpler terms:

* Last season on Bernabeu: 3-1. You were easily the better team.
* This season on Bernabeu: 0-4. We were leagues better than you.
= A huge difference in rather short time.

I hope I made BBZ8800 proud here.

Morten

Is it the tears in your eyes that makes it hard for you to read?

I'll try again, in simpler terms:

* Last season on Bernabeu: 3-1. You were easily the better team.
* This season on Bernabeu: 0-4. We were leagues better than you.
= A huge difference in rather short time.

I hope I made BBZ8800 proud here.

Except we werent the better team last season, not against you, or the season overall. As i told you, we were ridiculously lucky in the el classico on SB last time, while Barca should have won much more in the return leg than they did. We were absolutely awful last year, just as we are now.

Richard.H

Except we werent the better team last season, not against you, or the season overall. As i told you, we were ridiculously lucky in the el classico on SB last time, while Barca should have won much more in the return leg than they did. We were absolutely awful last year, just as we are now.

Barca won more in the return leg? You had at least 3 clear cut chances in that Clasico. RM could've easily won that game.

Trickykid

Dude...

Home of Barca Fans