Penal Madrid

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah, they were absolutely terrible. By min. 30 they looked like they completely gave up. Pressuring was pisspoor by them and absolutely no cohesiveness between the mid and attack. For 5 mins in the 2nd half they brought up the intensity but then got tired/stopped caring.

Also, did anyone notice just how big the gap was on the field between Madrid's attack and mid? How would their mids provide any decent pass when BBC is miles away from them.

Yes. For example:

CUWu9DHWUAAygoO.jpg

Also happened defensively. That's where Barca crushed them today. So much space between lines, crazy stuff. Every goal was caused by that.

gatsu

All hail Barça's biggest fan, I name Uncle Perez, bringing Benitez was a genius idea :worthy:

And may Ronaldo and Bale stay in madrid till the end of time.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yes. For example:

CUWu9DHWUAAygoO.jpg

Also happened defensively. That's where Barca crushed them today. So much space between lines, crazy stuff. Every goal was caused by that.

Their positioning and rotations were god awful. Iniesta's goal Modric was utterly lost.

JamDav1982

Benitez just comes across as one of those managers suited to a team that has not had success already.

His methods are methodical, often defensive and boring.

To a group of who havent won much they may accept that to get some medals but to a group of top players that expect to win they want more freedom and not enjoy dominating other teams.

Morten

Benitez just comes across as one of those managers suited to a team that has not had success already.

His methods are methodical, often defensive and boring.

To a group of who havent won much they may accept that to get some medals but to a group of top players that expect to win they want more freedom and not enjoy dominating other teams.

Well, except that most of our players have won fuck-all, on club-level at least.

mark1nhu

In head to head vs us, you were better.
The 3-1 win last season was thoroughly deserved, and a world apart from the pathetic display you showed today. The two teams are barely even comparable.

They were shit last year.

I even posted an image about it when La Liga was over and we were the winners.

They were the worst in the head-to-head of top four/five clubs of the league.

That 3x1 over us was an outlier.

Trickykid

They were shit last year.

I even posted an image about it when La Liga was over and we were the winners.

They were the worst in the head-to-head of top four/five clubs of the league.

That 3x1 over us was an outlier.

You don't get it either? Impressive...

I don't care if it's an outlier or not. Fact of the matter is they were far better against us last season at home than they were tonight. Hell, the two RM teams on display are/were barely even comparable.

And just to reiterate; I'm not talking about their season as a whole, just their two games against us. That means I don't give a rats ass about their head to head against any other top-whatever teams, or their lack of trophies compared to our treble.

Morten

You don't get it either? Impressive...

I don't care if it's an outlier or not. Fact of the matter is they were far better against us last season at home than they were tonight. Hell, the two RM teams on display are/were barely even comparable.

And just to reiterate; I'm not talking about their season as a whole, just their two games against us. That means I don't give a rats ass about their head to head against any other top-whatever teams, or their lack of trophies compared to our treble.

Truth is that we were awful h2h against barca last season, we were lucky not to get trashed in the first game we won 3-1. Second match we should have lost 5-0.

Home of Barca Fans