Penal Madrid

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
CUW8wH5WcAAZ0-F.jpg

They're positioning is laughable.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Idk what Morten is on about. No matter what dysfunction, Ancelotti's Madrid had the capacity to be a massive danger. There were very few games where they couldn't really create anything (4-0 to Atletico being one). Barca had a record run of clean sheets at the beginning of last season only to be slaughtered at the Bernabeu (3-1 was a flattering scoreline if you properly recall how many chances and how much space RM had). In the return leg we won with a competitive 2-1 due to our second half show but the first half was all Madrid's pressure with us just hoping to finish the half with the 1-1 intact. Any time they were losing against lower teams we'd be on the RM or la liga thread posting in fear for the opponent to hold on as they got chance after chance to equalize. They had a higher shot total than anyone in Europe, including us treble winners and Bayern who have fun-playtime in the Buli. Even factoring in Ronaldo's errant long shots, it's a testament to how much danger they created.

I was scared by them, no matter their form. Though they both went trophyless in their respective seasons, Ancelotti's 14/15 Madrid were much better than Tata's pathetically tame 13/14 Barca side who would create fuck all against the likes of Valladolid.

J

Jamie Cal

Funnily enough, we could'a been out of sight in the first half at the Bernabeu, Pique and bad finishing cost us big, and were pummeled in the second. Lucky the score line wasn't bigger. And then the Camp Nou game had a ton of parallels -- Real had tons of chances in the first half, could'a been out of sight, and we crushed them in the second.

Morten, where is "extremely lucky" coming from? We were destroyed in the second half.

mark1nhu

You don't get it either? Impressive...

I don't care if it's an outlier or not. Fact of the matter is they were far better against us last season at home than they were tonight. Hell, the two RM teams on display are/were barely even comparable.

And just to reiterate; I'm not talking about their season as a whole, just their two games against us. That means I don't give a rats ass about their head to head against any other top-whatever teams, or their lack of trophies compared to our treble.

Actually it's impressive your effort to no get that "they were shit back there and they are shit right now, no matter if they luckily won us a single match".

Of course the current Madrid is worse than the last match at Bernabeu, but that was still shit.

I never said different. I never said they are better now.

Actually it's impressive your effort to no get that "they were shit back there and they are shit right now, no matter if they luckily won us a single match".

Of course the current Madrid is worse than the last match at Bernabeu, but that was still shit.

I never said different. I never said they are better now.

:lol:

RM was better than barça last season over both clasicos. That's all trickykid was saying and its completely true.
Which makes this win even more enjoyable. Last item on Lucho's checklist as far as I'm concerned.

Home of Barca Fans