Penal Madrid

JackaL

So let me clarify the situation a little bit. Gala at home was a great danger when they used to play in the HELL called Ali Sami Yen and even 20'000 people would scare the shit out of Figo, Raul, Maldini and the likes. They moved to the Ali Sami Yen Türk Telekom Arena a couple of years ago, broke the record in terms of the loudest stadium in the world (check guiness book), however, they still struggle to make it their home and unbreakable castle. The pitch is awful because of mismanagement. They renewed the pitch in the winter break, however some mistakes have been made and now it looks like a potato field, unfortunately. So the home games are kind of a struggle for Galatasaray.

Interestingly they perform very well in away games. Lost 1-0 to Manu, very close. Won against Braga, Cluj and Schalke away. I think we're always good for a surprise. The good thing is that we don't have anything to loose, that makes us more dangerous (even if it sounds like a basic shitty comment) than people can think of.

Fatih Terim is a great motivator and a great coach, his lads believe in him and he can even make Drogba, Sneijder etc. press and run till they die :D So let's see... I don't think that we can beat Madrid out of the Tournament, but I hope for a good game at least where there is some drama :D

Kerrybai

Honestly Barca & Malaga would have been ... due to our recent history with you in the last 8 games including 4 games of two leg ties & knowledge of Malaga

but i can't complain but i do fear teams like Galatasary if we don't finish them cleanly at home ..it will be tough in Turkey , very tough

To be fair gal, psg and Malaga were the 3 weakest opponents. Saying Barca is ridiculous. Fair enough you have done well against us recently but it doesn't change the fact that it would be tougher than gala/psg.

Beast

The Observer
lol City were so bad the both legs you just werent up to the challenge. And lets not talk about Ajax ffs... they are your punching bag for the last few years, they always bend over.

City was bad because the group was a group of death with all 4 are champions.. and Ajax improved a lot and look no further than their games with Borussia and City ..

If they were in a walk in a park group like your group they would have qualified... there is a reason our group was called the group of death ..

Beast

The Observer
So let me clarify the situation a little bit. Gala at home was a great danger when they used to play in the HELL called Ali Sami Yen and even 20'000 people would scare the shit out of Figo, Raul, Maldini and the likes. They moved to the Ali Sami Yen Türk Telekom Arena a couple of years ago, broke the record in terms of the loudest stadium in the world (check guiness book), however, they still struggle to make it their home and unbreakable castle. The pitch is awful because of mismanagement. They renewed the pitch in the winter break, however some mistakes have been made and now it looks like a potato field, unfortunately. So the home games are kind of a struggle for Galatasaray.

Interestingly they perform very well in away games. Lost 1-0 to Manu, very close. Won against Braga, Cluj and Schalke away. I think we're always good for a surprise. The good thing is that we don't have anything to loose, that makes us more dangerous (even if it sounds like a basic shitty comment) than people can think of.

Fatih Terim is a great motivator and a great coach, his lads believe in him and he can even make Drogba, Sneijder etc. press and run till they die :D So let's see... I don't think that we can beat Madrid out of the Tournament, but I hope for a good game at least where there is some drama :D

I'll add to your words we (our defense ) struggle against conventional no 9's like Dzeko , Gomez , Inzaghi .. you have two deadly ones.. won't be easy at all

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Beast , How much Perez has to pay nowdays to get the refs and Platini ? Did it get a rise from last few years ? :D

El Gato

Villarato!
Seriously.. how many stupid posts does it take to realize that there is no weak teams by this stage of this year's Champions League? Galata are a tough team and Drogba can make Ramos or any other defender of ours his bitch, especially during set pieces. Sneijder holds a grudge against Real as well so we will have something to prove too. Whether their defense is weak makes no difference if these particular players perform well. Remember Monaco in 2004? They had a run solely based on performances of their key guys and won despite conceding like hell.

Tomchin

Seriously.. how many stupid posts does it take to realize that there is no weak teams by this stage of this year's Champions League? Galata are a tough team and Drogba can make Ramos or any other defender of ours his bitch, especially during set pieces.
Yeah, that was my first thought too. Madrid always concede on set-pieces, and against a great header like Drogba they're bound to concede on a corner/free-kick.

B

beautifulgame

Seriously.. how many stupid posts does it take to realize that there is no weak teams by this stage of this year's Champions League? Galata are a tough team and Drogba can make Ramos or any other defender of ours his bitch, especially during set pieces. Sneijder holds a grudge against Real as well so we will have something to prove too. Whether their defense is weak makes no difference if these particular players perform well. Remember Monaco in 2004? They had a run solely based on performances of their key guys and won despite conceding like hell.

Your absolutely right!

No easy games from here.

Gala can be very tricky.

ShandyFFM

Jep tricky but only if the can manage those counter attacks.. They should go with the chelski tactics park the bus and pray dogba or burak will score... Otherwise i predict a 3:0 in madrid and a 1:2 in istanbul

M

mitkoa7x

City was bad because the group was a group of death with all 4 are champions.. and Ajax improved a lot and look no further than their games with Borussia and City ..

If they were in a walk in a park group like your group they would have qualified... there is a reason our group was called the group of death ..

City finished with 0 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats
Ajax finished with 1 win 1 draw and 4 defeats

Ajax's possitive results came against City.
City were gifted a draw against Dortmund which they didnt deserve and earned their other 2 draws (all at home).

thats not very competitive now is it?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
It was the group of death on paper, but none of the teams were playing particularly well at that moment.

The real group of death was the Juventus/Shakhtar/Chelsea/Nordjsaellen in which all teams were playing very good football at that point. (yes even Chelsea, at the start of the season when i recall they were top of the Premiership) & Nordjsaellen actually weren't half bad!

I definately butchered the spelling of that team again, and not for the first time :lol:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

For once I agree with you... Some people are clutching at straws, besides lucks is a part of the draws, how can you blame RM for that? Especially since they faced though opposition in United and Dortmund already...

The fact that we had to overcome Milan with such effort was our own fault, and despite losing to Celtic, our group was rather easy... Can't blame RM for that either...

If anything, for cules, it would be sweeter if RM got eliminated by a "lesser" team, don't you think?

desoe

Some guys ranting about RM's luck are just ridiculous.

In 2008 we played a 1/2-final with beating Celtic and Schalke :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It was the group of death on paper, but none of the teams were playing particularly well at that moment.

The real group of death was the Juventus/Shakhtar/Chelsea/Nordjsaellen in which all teams were playing very good football at that point. (yes even Chelsea, at the start of the season when i recall they were top of the Premiership) & Nordjsaellen actually weren't half bad!

I definately butchered the spelling of that team again, and not for the first time :lol:

Nordsjälland/Nordsjaelland -> North Soul Land

Nord = North
Själ/Sjael = Soul
Land = Land
:)

Home of Barca Fans