Penal Madrid

George_Costanza

I think that unlike us, they will be make wise transfers and ensure they are ready.

But still, it will hurt them. Feel bad for Atletico though. It will hurt them the most.

what? so Suarez, Rakitic, Bravo, MATS not good signings? sure we had few bad ones like Douglas but the new signings had big impact on Barca winning the triplet

Alik

the appeal window was 90 days and we got the ban in April. So even if they appeal now still can't make the summer transfer window I would think.

They can buy now though

Ah, you're right. I was under the impression they could still do transfers in the summer.

draco

I fear, it will somehow end up good for them. Mainly because Perez cant buy some star player, to disturb the balance (like James signing). And, as top managers may not take risk coming to madrid during the ban, there wont be sacking of managers and Zidane will get 1.5 to 2 years of time to finally build a stable team, including youth players.

Trickykid

I fear, it will somehow end up good for them. Mainly because Perez cant buy some star player, to disturb the balance (like James signing). And, as top managers may not take risk coming to madrid during the ban, there wont be sacking of managers and Zidane will get 1.5 to 2 years of time to finally build a stable team, including youth players.
All this depends on whether Zidane actually is capable of overseeing a project like this.
We obviously haven't got a clue about that yet, but the odds are that he isnt.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They can buy now for the summer so they'll be hit with a ban only for 6 months effectively. Just like Barca was.
They won't even feel it.

Trickykid

So, does that mean Ronaldo is stuck at Madrid? Or will they let him go?
Unless they manage to grab a suitable replacement within the next 2 weeks, I can't see them letting Cronaldo go before the ban ends.

And honestly, everyone knows RM are desperate, so they'd request silly money to let their stars leave.

My bet is, he's staying for two more seasons now.

Home of Barca Fans