Pep Guardiola

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice shot...BTW, what is Carlos Naval's role on the team apart from 'delegate'?

Carlos_Naval_Guardiola.jpg

10messi

apparently cruyff had dinner with pep and pep said it would be his last game on the barca bench.. but then.. clearly thats a load of crap after what pep said yesterday.

hope he stays for much longer, but if we manage to defend the CL next season, would be the ultimate high to go out on.

Check this article out.. that is exactly why I think Guardiola is only renewing his contract year by year: to avoid complacency, to keep all the players tense and willing to show him their hunger for more victories. I can't say it better than this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/pep-talks-up-uncertainty-to-repel-the-only-thing-that-can-beat-bar231a-complacency-2290829.html

Birdy

Pep will not stay as much as we want him to, guys. Accept it now and you'll take it easier when the moment comes. This moment will probably come in 2 or 3 years of time, when his cycle will end. Then we will have to be very, very, very precise in our choice of replacement, because we could easily fuck everything up, if we make a mistake.

Me and many of you want to see Pep as our Alex Ferguson or even Arsene Wenger (15 years already), but it's just not going to happen.

And the big question : WHY ??????????
Building a legacy, winning 8 Laligas and 5 CL in 10 years time is not a challenge??
I think it is the greatest challenge of them all..

Check this article out.. that is exactly why I think Guardiola is only renewing his contract year by year: to avoid complacency, to keep all the players tense and willing to show him their hunger for more victories. I can't say it better than this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/pep-talks-up-uncertainty-to-repel-the-only-thing-that-can-beat-bar231a-complacency-2290829.html

i have also thought of that, and if this is true, it will be the most ingenious psychological tactic in the history of football ever, to place this barcelona on the throne of the greatest side in history..

impeh

Hi, its me..

yeh ive thought about that before, and i hope its true.. seems to be working either way.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Here's what I think will happen next year when Pep leaves:

Pep comes to a team(a big team) that has played under expectations. He will bring 3 of Bojan, Jeffren(if not left), Thiago, Oriol Romeu, Miño, Montoya, Sergi Roberto with him. He will work as a feeder for the club.

Guardiola win
Club win.

Win Win.

XxBradKennedyxX

imo this team will go through 3 major tests in the coming season -

1 - pep leaving
2 - puyol retiring
3 - xavi retiring

Im gonna be so heart broken when guardiola leaves, its not just his brilliance as a manager but his humility and attitude, just perfect. might get guardiola on the back of my shirt this season, hmm

Superfly

Banned
Pep leaving is a possibility but I don't think Xavi (has a good 1-2 seasons or maybe even 3 if we rotate him with Cesc) or Puyol (About 2 seasons left) will leave next season

Barcafan 2304

Still not resigned to Pep leaving. Why would he go? The challenge of building a legacy and confirming this side as the most succesful of all time is there.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Pep will walk away from football for a while when he leaves FCB. I think this will be Puyi's last year after this latest injury.

Home of Barca Fans