Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

serghei

Haha textbook.

Messi was the one dragging Barca down according to you... now Xavi wants him.. different story.

If they bring him back on low money, not bad. Will help us retain the league title next season. Which is gonna be tough.

My main problem with Messi was his absurd, immense salary.

jamrock

I'd personally want to see 10-15 more games before making a decision on Vitor. But I'm not a scout and don't have the depth of footballing knowledge.

If we believe this guy will be a top10 FW in the future then don't think and close the deal before the price increases just as Madrid done with their trio.

We can think of salary cap later by structuring the deal to come on loan, or pay the fee later, registering him in B and loaning him somewhere, etc.

JamDav point is that we are moving earth, moon and sun for the short term move of Messi returning, but won't think of a long term option and doing the same relative to their cost.
If they bring Messi they should take a serious look in the mirror unless he's playing for free. Can't go back to having 2 30+ year old up top that were paying.

Really don't see that happening.

JamDav1982

If they bring him back on low money, not bad. Will help us retain the league title next season. Which is gonna be tough.

My main problem with Messi was his absurd, immense salary.

Again.. complete opposite what you said previously about future of club etc.

But now clear you were wrong on Xavi wanting him it is all about how good a decision it is.

Porque

We just spent 2 years trying to cleanse the team of amigo culture, over the hill players and reducing the wage bill.

Then we go back on that and increase the salary on old players and bring back Messi.

Like I say, if our scouts and analytics department return with the judgement that Vitor is on the level of Vini and Rodrygo, then it is wrong to think short term imo. As Vitor would be more than just a project, but someone who can play sooner rather than later.

serghei

I would say that bringing Messi back for 1 season only, for a good financial deal for the club, would be a good idea. I don't think this team is mature enough or good enough to go anywhere near of challenging for CL next season. So Messi's lack of work rate would not hurt that much.

I am not a Messi hater and never was.

So, bringing Messi back for 1 season would help us a lot in trying to win La Liga again next season. Messi, even at his age, guarantees many goals in the league vs Elches, Espanyols and such.

This season has showed that we need offensive quality.

jamrock

Sport is also running their semi annual olmo rumour as well, so I'm not taking anything they say seriously.

We'll be link with Thiago next.

Imma just wait & see like I did last summer.

JamDav1982

I would say that bringing Messi back for 1 season only, for a good financial deal for the club, would be a bad idea. I don't think this team is mature enough or good enough to go anywhere near of challenging for CL next season.

I am not a Messi hater and never was.

So, bringing Messi back for 1 season if the deal makes sense in terms of his wages is hardly terrible for us. I repeat, would help us a lot in trying to win La Liga again next season. Messi, even at his age, guarantees many goals in the league.

This season has showed that we need offensive quality.

Jesus christ Serghie... you spent the whole time going on about how Barca need to move on from Messi on the pitch and his attitude/lack of movement etc,

Then claimed Xavi would never want him back when discussion was not about money at all at that point.

Stop with this 'heres what I really meant arguments' now its clear Xavi wants him and looks like will come back.

The coach is one who needs the 'maturity' in Europe more than the players.

Cant claim all about injuries one moment and then say lack maturity the next. If lack maturity then those injuries were not the reason.

Barca has a team full of experience in Europe and intl football.

Lame excuse.

serghei

Jesus christ Serghie... you spent the whole time going on about how Barca need to move on from Messi on the pitch and his attitude/lack of movement etc,

Then claimed Xavi would never want him back when discussion was not about money at all at that point.

Stop with this 'heres what I really meant arguments' now its clear Xavi wants him and looks like will come back.

Yes, but the circumstances are different now. We lack the money to improve the team.

Ideally, we stay away from Messi, and spend 150-200m to improve the 2-3 positions that are badly covered in our squad. But I understand this is not possible without a sugar daddy owner like EPL clubs and PSG have... so, in this scenario, bringing Messi back for 1 season only is not a terrible proposition.

My opinion is never simple to understand because I at least try to consider many factors and apply a lot of context.

JamDav1982

Yes, but the circumstances are different now. We lack the money to improve the team.

Ideally, we stay away from Messi, and spend 150-200m to improve the 2-3 positions that are badly covered in our squad. But I understand this is not possible without a sugar daddy owner like EPL clubs and PSG have... so, in this scenario, bringing Messi back for 1 season only is not a terrible proposition.

No... Barca did not have money when Messi left and had less than now to spend in market.

Circumstances have not changed in last few weeks when you said Xavi would not want Messi back and just saying the right thing.

All that changed is you realised Xavi wants him.

It is these type of arguments that just shows can judge Xavi objectively at all.

Taill wags the dog on these arguments.

serghei

No... Barca did not have money when Messi left and had less than now.

Circumstances have not changed in last few weeks when you said Xavi would not want Messi back and just saying the right thing.

They did. In the season after Messi left, we had to play with scrubs in our offense.

And now with Ferran transfer flopping hard, Ansu being almost done, Dembele getting injured... offense is running very thin. This is the main reason for why the club will consider Messi.

We lack the funds to go after mega-expensive players. Club is mentioning players like Leao, Osimhen. These guys would cost 150m. :lol: Messi has zero transfer cost.

serghei

But this whole talk is useless anyway. Messi is unlikely to accept being paid a decent wage, and will not come back on what he sees as a mediocre salary. All I'm saying is that if he does take a pay cut to come back for a final season, it's not terrible for our attack.

JamDav1982

They did. In the season after Messi left, we had to play with scrubs in our offense.

And now with Ferran transfer flopping hard, Ansu being almost done, Dembele getting injured... offense is running very thin.

You are full of the usual 'heres what I really meant' argument as usual.

Fact is you said Messi was bad influence and holding Barca back on pitch then and up until few weeks ago argued no way Xavi wants him back.

Barca had LESS money now when he left so that makes no sense.

Now wrong on that try the usual Serghi mental gymnastics to say 'heres what I really meant'.

Usual.

Porque

Messi+Lewa is 2 steps back to Messi+Suarez days. Then Gundagon in is like Vidal joining under Valverde. Except everyone is 35 instead of 32.

It's a disaster to go back to that (no one will sign on 1 year contracts btw) after only just getting over it and winning our first Liga post that era.

Well and truly don't have the funds to sign someone for 30m (Vitor Roque), and can't even get around it with a loan first or leaving him in Brazil a year?

Fine, there still are guys like Ndicka, Kamada and Thuram we could try and go all out on instead of renewing Alonso + Gundagon, Inigo and Messi all on high wages ++ no resale value.

serghei

Messi+Lewa is 2 steps back to Messi+Suarez days. Then Gundagon in is like Vidal joining under Valverde. Except everyone is 35 instead of 32.

It's a disaster to go back to that (no one will sign on 1 year contracts btw) after only just getting over it and winning our first Liga post that era.

Well and truly don't have the funds to sign someone for 30m (Vitor Roque), and can't even get around it with a loan first or leaving him in Brazil a year?

Fine, there still are guys like Ndicka, Kamada and Thuram we could try and go all out on instead of renewing Alonso + Gundagon, Inigo and Messi all on high wages ++ no resale value.

You still are in denial. Can't you see we have to look mostly on free players? Messi and Gundogan are the best players in the summer that could be got without any transfer fee at all.

Of course I don't want Messi back if we can spend serious money on players.

JamDav1982

You still are in denial. Can't you see we have to look mostly on free players? Messi and Gundogan are the best players in the summer that could be got without any transfer fee at all.

Calling folk as in 'denial' when you just lie about opinions and then change yours to fit what Xavi wants as the correct thing.

You dindt even read what he said as he mentioned other free players and that is only half the argument anyway.

Free or not it is about cost on books.

Home of Barca Fans