Wayne Rooney

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Their owners are apparently great now..

Wonder how much money he's on.

"We won't break our wage structure."
"Nobody stands up to Ferguson and gets away with it."

What a load of shite. Watch them all love him now after he called them a club on a downward spiral.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Their owners are apparently great now..

What a load of shite. Watch them all love him now after he called them a club on a downward spiral.

Yeah lucky Gerrard never did something similar...ohh wait :confused:

Stop been a hypocrite and me unlike you most definalty will ahte Rooney from here on in unlike you wanting to have Stevie Gee's babies

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

who knows what the difference in terms are, but I do know the initial contract offer had a lot of value placed on image rights, and of course since the hooker fiasco rooney's image rights are worth much much less. which I think is why the whole malarky started. so maybe they've rejigged the deal to place less value on image rights.

or maybe it's not much of a pay rise at all and just a deal to ensure that they can sell him for a mammoth fee, rather than a reduced one for less money.

I love how much this has pissed you off, though. :lol:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Gerrard never broke our wage structure. He never publicly called our club on a downward spiral.

So no I don't believe I am being a hypocrite.

Why should I be pissed off? I am glad Rooney is staying it means man u don't have that money to play with and that as such their declination, like ours, will be a slow process rather than a sharp one in which they would be able to act quickly. Now they won't be able to act quickly, because as long as the Galziers are there, they will always be in debt and whilst the declination may not be tangible to see at this moment, as long as they their owners are there, that will be there.

I also don't like hypocrites and that is exactly what the manc fans are when they will cheer his name on Saturday after calling him a scouse bastard all week long.

If people like Canto are true to their words and have lost respect for Rooney and now won't calling him all these wonderful adulations but will remain vigilant over him, then I will gain a lot of respect for that too.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Gerrard never broke our wage structure. He never publicly called our club on a downward spiral.

So no I don't believe I am being a hypocrite.

you don't know that rooney has broken the wage structure (remember that ferguson said there was a contract on the table) and rooney's comment said he wasn't given assurances on squad additions, everyone inferred a whole load of stuff from that, but all he said was he wasn't given the assurances he wanted that the club would match his ambition. who's to say that, since then, the club haven't informed him of future plans that show they do? remember stretford met with gill and fergie yesterday.

it's all been a gigantic PR bitchfest.

IMO, ian holloway won it for fergie with that glorious third round knockout of a monologue.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Meta I hope you realize he's never going to be the same after this, right?

Anyway this is why modern football is a complete joke. Fuck Rooney and everyone like him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Fergie looks like a cunt for backing down to a player who came out and called him a liar, Rooney looks like a cunt for signing a new contract at a club he was desperate to get out of yesterday, their fans look like cunts for acting like they did and all the other United players look like cunts for continuing to play with a man who basically said they were all shit and not fit to be on the same pitch as him.

There's so much win there that I don't know where to start.

As for Holloway I checked soccerbase yesterday and it says Holloway signed 2 free transfers this summer and 2 free transfers the year before. This man who hates the bosman ruling seems to be doing alright out of it. Didn’t Manchester United sign Michael Owen from Newcastle on a free? Where was Holloway then, protesting about the right of Newcastle to retain their player? Where was he when we lost Owen to Madrid for a grossly reduced amount due to his contract status?

Rooney told Manchester United he wanted to leave. At that point, they had 2 years to sell him. No doubt Ferguson decided not to sell and that the ‘boy’ would change his mind. One man’s miscalculation (some would say arrogance) then leaves them in this predicament when he decides to go and you know what I say? F*ck ‘em.

Not just because they are Manchester United, but because they do this to other clubs. It’s a dog eat dog world, they have taken players from some clubs in the past and now the tables are turned. So f*cking what???

And another point, all them arse kissing managers made me wretch when I saw SSN last night – god almighty can you crawl any further into his arse hole gentlemen? HAVE A F*CKING WORD WITH YOURSELVES!!!!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Fergie looks like a cunt for backing down to a player who came out and called him a liar, Rooney looks like a cunt for signing a new contract at a club he was desperate to get out of yesterday, their fans look like cunts for acting like they did and all the other United players look like cunts for continuing to play with a man who basically said they were all shit and not fit to be on the same pitch as him.

As for Holloway I checked soccerbase yesterday and it says Holloway signed 2 free transfers this summer and 2 free transfers the year before. This man who hates the bosman ruling seems to be doing alright out of it. Didn’t Manchester United sign Michael Owen from Newcastle on a free? Where was Holloway then, protesting about the right of Newcastle to retain their player? Where was he when we lost Owen to Madrid for a grossly reduced amount due to his contract status?

Rooney told Manchester United he wanted to leave. At that point, they had 2 years to sell him. No doubt Ferguson decided not to sell and that the ‘boy’ would change his mind. One man’s miscalculation (some would say arrogance) then leaves them in this predicament when he decides to go and you know what I say? F*ck ‘em.

Not just because they are Manchester United, but because they do this to other clubs. It’s a dog eat dog world, they have taken players from some clubs in the past and now the tables are turned. So f*cking what???

And another point, all them arse kissing managers made me wretch when I saw SSN last night – god almighty can you crawl any further into his arse hole gentlemen? HAVE A F*CKING WORD WITH YOURSELVES!!!!

Wow, this is one of your finest posts ever. :lol:

Spot on. It's pathetic to see Fergie bow down to a player like this.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Meta I hope you realize he's never going to be the same after this, right?

Anyway this is why modern football is a complete joke. Fuck Rooney and everyone like him.

oh no doubts.

like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if this contract was just to ensure they can sell him for a massive fee in the summer (rather than a reduced one coz of his contract).

but it's good to see united not be bullied by a player and at least get the situation under control. football did not need a big club like them getting pressured and dictated to by a player, that would have been the start of a very slippery slope in terms of player power and would have been felt worldwide.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
oh no doubts.

like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if this contract was just to ensure they can sell him for a massive fee in the summer (rather than a reduced one coz of his contract).

but it's good to see united not be bullied by a player and at least get the situation under control. football did not need a big club like them getting pressured and dictated to by a player, that would have been the start of a very slippery slope in terms of player power and would have been felt worldwide.

Isn't giving a player a 5 year contract to shut them up the definition of being bullied around? I hope you are right about it being used as leverage to make sure they make a profit because if he stays the club and Fergie are going to look like bitches.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Bottom line:

Ferguson won the PR-battle, but by signing the biggest deal ever Rooney won the war.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't know why you directed that video to me, I ain't the one crying the river denail about what this episode mean to that club in the short and long term.

But go ahead and keep thinking man u can spend £30m - £40m on players any time they like because they can.........

Home of Barca Fans